• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bu..b..but..

UcNi7AE.png

(stolen from the RDR2 thread)

this is the future that liberals want.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Does this mean TLC is considered good?

On second thought, TLC sounds a lot like DLC. Please read my 56 page thesis on why DLC is the worst thing in the world. I also made a 2 hour video about it where I swear a lot and dress up like EA executives.

pizzacat

Banned
I bought pubg too and it loaded for like a day for it to stutter and it would run better on very high than any other preset

Also it would freeze

So I returned it

kai3345

Banned
bought it the other day too. played my first couple matches this morning before work. just the adrenaline rush i needed to start the day

I just got my Beastcast t-shirt.

I feel like I belong.
I'm wearing mine right now. I love it.

Failed to get SA on the Hitman elusive, then again I've fallen off on Hitman since I only like the main levels and Elusives and don't do escalations and featured contracts much. Hyped for Season 2 though. Hopefully the humor stays on point.

kai3345

Banned
really hope there was some truth to those rumors floating around a while ago about hitman s2 having multiplayer.

5 people racing to all kill a single target could be really fun

I like Mankind divided quite a bit but it's true that narratively it doesn't come toghether. There's the pieces for a good plot there, but it's comes off as very by the numbers and boring. Jensens character development and mistery is... badly executed.

The game shines when it doesn't feel the need to connect everything to a big conspiracy. When you help a soon to be retired detective to find a killer in what is one of the very few modern detective quests that requires some actual detecting. When you find some wierd mind control cult in the sewers of prague. When you track down the producer of a fucked up drug through nightclubs and brothels.

I really liked playing Mankind Divided. Mechanically it's fun to explore and exploit the environment and either sneak past or take out enemies. I played through two times, one non-lethal and one a serial killer.

I really disliked everything else about it. In my first playthrough I eventually just started skipping dialogue without even reading it. I almost never do that. The writing was not compelling and I actively disliked all the characters you talk to (there was one I think I didn't mind but it's been a while and can't remember). The main story was straightforward enough but nothing special, but as mentioned the hints of other events happening are never resolved and now probably won't be outside of a comic or something.

I didn't care for it aesthetically either. I don't mind "gritty" environments but half the levels felt grimy in an almost "unfinished" way. Not sure how to properly express my feelings on that but it was a thought constantly in my brain.

I've never been a fan of the contextual actions. I got used to the 3rd person cover system in Human Revolution but I feel sticking to first person could have still felt good. I've played plenty of 1st person games where leaning around and over cover work just fine. I also really dislike the melee takedown system in that it's a contextual action, loads a cutscene and requires a resource to perform.

I much prefer how Dishonored feels to play in comparison and wish a cyberpunk game would be made closer to its style than how Square-Enix does. I am playing Prey right now and it's great but definitely not a power fantasy.

This seems to be how SE studios make those games. The new Thief game was also full of contextual actions, amongst its various flaws. Part of me is somewhat grateful that they probably won't be making more Deus Ex games because that gives me a sliver of hope that another studio will take up the mantle and make a game in the same style but with improvements more suited to my tastes.

LiK

Do people like Binary Domain for it's gameplay? The story was fun but the shooting didn't feel all that special to me.

Shooting was good enough. The ability to actually shoot the robots into pieces was fun.
He's probably basing that off the end game timer which is not continuous.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vanquish-blog-entry

Yup, it's not accurate to real playing time. That's how all PlatinumGames are like.

Curufinwe

I thought Gears was awful. The worst checkpoints of that generation, braindead teammate AI, and regular enemies that were barely distinguishable from the background and who got one hit kill attacks by the end of the game.

I came to Gears AFTER Vanquish and Uncharted.

Gears and its "stop and pop" just doesnt feel right to me after that. I wanna run around jumping over things while shooting and punching stuff.

ArjanN

I thought Gears was OK, but on PC especially it was pretty obvious how bulletspongey the enemies are, the whole stop and pop covershooter thing is also clearly something designed around controllers that aren't very good for actual aiming.

That, and the tone was always a bit too meathead dudebro.

He's probably basing that off the end game timer which is not continuous.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vanquish-blog-entry

It also ignores that Platinum Games are designed around replaying and mastery, not just to go through once to see the story.

Salarians

my hope, my dream is that Hitman multiplayer resembles AssCreed's multiplayer, having every player juggle disguises and blending in, trying to kill their target without being found out

The shooting is competent, but unexciting.
a lot of bulletsponge bosses too IIRC

love the game though

Curufinwe

Finally got to the Bombcast's P5 update. Brad seems to think Persona has random encounters, and it's weird the way they always seem to talk about what steps you need to take for a perfect playthru like not being able to see everything your first time is a reason to not play it at all. I don't recall this logic being used with other games. And Persona 5 goes out of its way to make things more user friendly. Just by buying SP sodas and one SP-restoring item, I haven't had to leave a palace once due to running out of SP, and being able to pay the Fortune confidant to get you closer to ranking up other confidants is a huge new addition. I wish they had that in the earlier games.

Another example is how it gives a lot of experience to team members who aren't in active battles. I'm about to properly start the 6th dungeon and I think every character but the navigator is at the same level, and that happened without me really thinking about it. In P3 or P4 if you didn't make sure to regularly rotate your party lineup you could end up with some characters at a much lower level than your main people.

Haha, Ben thought Ann was part Swedish cause she was blonde. She's part American.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom