• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it plays particularly well. It keeps all the clunky stealth mechanics from HR, including the canned takedown animations that take you out of the game to play a little cut-scene every time.

And the writing is really bad and ham-fisted. It can't wait to get in your face with its Big, Important socio-political metaphors. It doesn't first try to make you care about the world or its characters, and you're not out of the tutorial before your first dream vision of Jensen being Icarus flying too close to the sun (for some reason) pops up. I find it especially hard to give a shit about Jensen as a tortured soul with a messiah complex. Motherfucker has godlike powers but I'm expected to sympathize with his mopey, mumbly bullshit.

The setting doesn't do anything for me either, aesthetically. It just doesn't come together at all, nothing clicks.

The only way I find stealth fun in the new Deus Ex games (and also Dishonored) is to properly ghost, i.e. not even touch anyone. Unlimited takedowns are just overpowered when there isn't really any risk in performing them due to how automatic they are.

The bank in Prague was pretty great as far as level design goes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I should get back to wearing checkerboard socks.

edit: somehow looking through rudeboy stuff made me discover a subculture of tuning female pop songs to sound like male vocals based around... Yaoi?

Bacon

Rorie is a great guy who is wonderful at his job as a support person. Having said that, he needs to slow the fuck down when he's talking on the podcast. It sounds like he's going 1000 miles an hour and attempting to condense entire paragraphs into two words. It's somewhat exhausting to listen to after a while.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Rorie is a great guy who is wonderful at his job as a support person. Having said that, he needs to slow the fuck down when he's talking on the podcast. It sounds like he's going 1000 miles an hour and attempting to condense entire paragraphs into two words. It's somewhat exhausting to listen to after a while.

But that's what makes him so much fun.

daveo42

Banned
I'm using this one, and yeah, it's much more straight forward. No requirement to give specific answers to emails and such, though there was one choice I didn't realize was a choice until I looked at a guide.

Thanks. I'll look at it when I get home tonight. Glad to also hear it's so straight forward. While I loved the first game, some of the choices you needed to make and when to unlock all of the paths in the second half were real bad.

I should get back to wearing checkerboard socks.

edit: somehow looking through rudeboy stuff made me discover a subculture of tuning female pop songs to sound like male vocals based around... Yaoi?

There's a subculture for literally everything.

After watching the rude bear quick look I'm glad it's not just me with the way the camera moves. I got it from the humble monthly and played it for about 30 minutes and it felt like I was gonna throw up from motion sickness after playing it. The motion gets real intense at times in the game.

derFeef

A horny one

tumblr_ocf7afpQFy1qimi3zo1_500.gif

swimbuff

Ben seems very natural at playing videogames "on camera." I wonder if he had to do a mock quick look as part of the interview process.

daveo42

Banned
Man...Ben kicking Ann to the curb like that is perfect.

Oh man...Brad thinking you'd get a sex scene in Persona 5 after choosing a romance path a la Mass Effect. Man...that would totally change some things
like character ages for half the cast

Tubobutts

Man...Ben kicking Ann to the curb like that is perfect.

Oh man...Brad thinking you'd get a sex scene in Persona 5 after choosing a romance path a la Mass Effect. Man...that would totally change some things
like character ages for half the cast
Brad does love the naked ladies.

Meguro

Banned
I never got quite good enough at Vanquish to pull off cool moves like that gif Death Metalist posted.
Maybe I'll try getting better at it on the PC.

GAF ain't even that liberal/left-wing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom