• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite having owned it for a while on PC when it was still early access, I purchased Kerbal Space Program for PS4 (it's available during the current Flash Sale for $15.99, where it's typically $39.99). To me, It's as good as the PC version, but a tad clunkier with the controller (wish there was KB&M options as PS4 has support for it). Anyhoo, having said that last bit, I think this game (PS4 version in particular) would be a perfect game for second screen capabilities. Say, on an iPad or something, you can have the map up, so you can keep the main screen focused on the rocket itself, while using the map to see how the rocket's trajectory is looking.

BRING BACK PROJECT B.E.A.S.T.! :(

At the very least they've planned an expansion pack that'll probably be out sometime later this year, so hopefully we should get some more Kerbal content though I doubt they'll do a full-on multi-episode series.

FluxWaveZ

The format of Sony's E3 2016 conference was excellent. I don't need business suits talking about the greatness of the platform or devs talking for 5 minutes to contextualize a gameplay demo we're about to see. Letting the games speak for themselves is great, and it's clearly what most people want. Nintendo understood this when they started the Direct business.

The orchestra's a nice touch, too.

I dont mind developers on stage awkwardly talking. Nice to put a face to the game.

Personally I thought Sony should have had more people last year. Like... just a few? Not every game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The format of Sony's E3 2016 conference was excellent. I don't need business suits talking about the greatness of the platform or devs talking for 5 minutes to contextualize a gameplay demo we're about to see. Letting the games speak for themselves is great, and it's clearly what most people want. Nintendo understood this when they started the Direct business.

Uh, Nintendo directs have the developers talking about the game though.

FluxWaveZ

Uh, Nintendo directs have the developers taking about the game though.

Of course, but their format is more condensed than the typical stage show, where all of that stuff is prolonged. It's not a 1:1 comparison, Directs have skits and stuff that prevent them from being "game after game after game," but it's closer to Sony's last year than, say, a Microsoft E3 2015 conference. All the companies are condensing the information most people want to see, and that's a good thing.

Antiwhippy

Of course, but their format is more condensed than the typical stage show, where all of that stuff is prolonged. It's not a 1:1 comparison, Directs have skits and stuff that prevent them from being "game after game after game," but it's closer to Sony's last year than, say, a Microsoft E3 2015 conference. All the companies are condensing the information most people want to see, and that's a good thing.

I guess, i think the issue is more about pacing then, rather than about just having trailers and no talking.

Hjod

Banned
I'm kinda drunk, my date is in the bathroom, and Strafer is my waifu.

I like both Abby and Ben, mustache and all, fight me.

Antiwhippy

Hmm, you know, right now i feel like i can get a sense of what each duders current goty is, but i honestly can't nail down vinny's so far.

I've noticed a disturbing trend with GBW.

All the quick looks are either Ben and Jeff or Ben and Brad.

....Are Jeff and Brad officially split? Do they secretly hate each other? :(

ryseing

I watched it in a movie theater and the format worked really well for that setting.

Hindl

Hmm, you know, right now i feel like i can get a sense of what each duders current goty is, but i honestly can't nail down vinny's so far.

I can't remember him really talking about anything other than Zelda on the beastcast. Did he play Nioh/Nier/Horizon? Also I haven't kept up with BitE is he still digging it?

I can't remember him really talking about anything other than Zelda on the beastcast. Did he play Nioh/Nier/Horizon? Also I haven't kept up with BitE is he still digging it?

They still dig the story. Dan is iffy on the gameplay(Sometimes he's in the groove, sometimes he's not), but they all love the mini games.

I want to say that I feel that Brads dynamic is stronger with Vinny and previously with Ryan, than with jeff.

Maybe their dynamic has just never been that strong but..I dunno.

KorrZ

I want to say that I feel that Brads dynamic is stronger with Vinny and previously with Ryan, than with jeff.

Maybe their dynamic has just never been that strong but..I dunno.

I do miss the Brad/Vinny combo.

They put out some great premium content with that duo.

So I've been thinking about it and the best laugh on the Giant Bomb crew to me (imo) is between Alex and Vinny but I would give the slight edge to
Vinny
because I swear if we bottled that shit, we could get rid of a lot of the negativity in the world.

oti

Banned
No one should speak on a stage during a video game press conference. Everything uttered about vision or whatever is bullshit. Just show the games.

Word. With Directs Nintendo can cut out Nintendo awkwardness and with their last E3 Sony kept their "messaging" to a minimum. That's why I still don't get GB's dismissal of Sony's approach. "They aren't telling their story" is such a weird angle to look at this SMH.

Nice! Was pleasantly surprised to see the video I made of Vinny doing a foley version of the COD: WW2 from the Beastcast a few weeks ago make it to this week's community spotlight. Saw a couple hundred views today on it and was wondering where all the traffic was coming from.

Figured I'd post it on here in case anyone was interested:

https://youtu.be/j1ohjKvOqlM

Ashby

Phew, I dropped my Switch last night onto a hardwood floor but the JoyCon still aren't budging unless I hit the release buttons. I was worried I had Jeff'd the thing.

Started watching UPF and all I can do is critique Brad's Hitman playstyle.

We're all different, it's cool.

Edit: Haha wow, I ended up using that same method to kill the target.

I'm watching the S3 Plan and I think Jeff and Brad are fine.

They talk. They just don't do any premium stuff together :(

edit: Fuck I'ma miss mondays BITE I'm moving

Lunar FC

Phew, I dropped my Switch last night onto a hardwood floor but the JoyCon still aren't budging unless I hit the release buttons. I was worried I had Jeff'd the thing.
I never even use my switch, and my left con slides off effortlessly... 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom