• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
okmnd0u6x.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sony was great. Orchestra, a few words, lots of video.

For real, what is up with this sudden love for marketing bs. I don't get it.

Because then the giantbomb dudes can't make fun of the marketing BS.

For real, I seriously would not care for E3 if it weren't for giantbomb. Most of them are bullshit projects I don't really care about and the ones I do care I can just read after reports.

I'm probably one of the few who enjoys watching E3 conferences by itself at first and then rewatch it again with GB commentary. I'm always excited and look forward to E3 as a whole.

oti

Banned
All the awkward marketing bs is what makes E3 and GB commentary fun. Sonys conference last year was so boring.

Sure. If GB "talks over awkward" is what you're after, you need the awkward. I enjoy E3 more than GB E3. To me GB E3 is something I watch a few days after the event. Not the event itself.

Konami's greatest crime wasn't killing MGS, Castlevania or Silent Hill. It was hosting the greatest E3 press conference in history and then not even giving it a shot next year.

In my own personal victory, Jeff's complaints about NBA Playgrounds are the same as ones I recorded last week in a preview video. He is old and cranky about fake NBA Jam just like I was, haha.

Enjoying that we're getting more and more cross coast content. Has taken them a while to commit to it.

RE: E3, I would honestly skip it if GB didn't do their thing. Not really into supporting the console makers/publishers like a sports team.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Konami's greatest crime wasn't killing MGS, Castlevania or Silent Hill. It was hosting the greatest E3 press conference in history and then not even giving it a shot next year.

I watched that press conference like five times

Everyone remembers "one million troops" but how many recall the poor guy who had to try and introduce Otomedius Excellent selling it as "for Gradius fans" only to have the trailer roll and be nonstop anime titty?

pizzacat

Banned
To the guys who just want gameplay vids and can't stand the awkward dev getting roasted you know they put the e3 trailers up like 3 minutes after they show it live

KorrZ

I'm probably one of the few who enjoys watching E3 conferences by itself at first and then rewatch it again with GB commentary. I'm always excited and look forward to E3 as a whole.

I'm right there with you.

I like watching the GB Commentary to see their thoughts after the fact, but I like to watch the actual conference live alone first. It's much easier to pay attention to what's going on, especially if the GB crew aren't interested in what's being shown.

Altairre

guys I watched the Assassins Creed movie

don't watch the Assassins Creed movie

I watched it and eh, I was expecting worse. Not that I would recommend it though.

but how else will I keep up with that hot AssCreed lore

That's kind of it, the actual story in these games has always been a bunch of garabge. So that's kind of what you get when you make a movie out of it. Some pretty shots though.

How could Dan live in SF and not know who Stephen Curry is?

Almost ever bar Dan went to in SF had to have been showing the Warriors game, with people in Steph Curry jerseys, with Steph Curry putting on an amazing basketball performance, and the announcers yelling out Steph Curry's name.

And somehow Dan missed all this.

Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly) though, Dan was very good at playing the arcade style basketball game. Except that one stretch where he missed 10 shots in a row on one possession.

Username checks out.

just kidding, I saw it in theaters. The part where Fassbender sang Crazy made me laugh not be disturbed. Tone of movie is completely off.

Yeah it was so bizarrely self-serious considering the completely inane dialogue and out-there premise it was selling. Not a single moment of levity. Really gotta wonder who thought this would work. Would have loved Ryan's take on this. Still miss him all the time.

The soda drinking GBE playdate reminds me of the old school Happy Hours where they usually had some random stunt/Tested concept going on during the show.

Curufinwe

Enjoying that we're getting more and more cross coast content. Has taken them a while to commit to it.

RE: E3, I would honestly skip it if GB didn't do their thing. Not really into supporting the console makers/publishers like a sports team.

Seeing new games announced /= supporting anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom