• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should play it. Just treat it as a side story rather than a continuation though.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I watched the movie(Load Region of Déjà Vu) for the first time weeks ago since it hit bluray recently and even though not much happens, I loved the movie because I missed spending time with the characters. It felt like catching up with friends I haven't heard from in years.

daveo42

Banned
Lupants the Third is my favorite anime.

You should play it. Just treat it as a side story rather than a continuation though.

Well, isn't it just (massive S;G spoilers)
the same timeline future Okabe contacts you from at the end of S;G where he talks about you succeeding where he failed? A side story yes, but also a necessary timeline to get Okabe to actually save Kurisu?

Edit: seems like I have a movie to watch as well...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Lupants the Third is my favorite anime.

Well, isn't it just (massive S;G spoilers)
the same timeline future Okabe contacts you from at the end of S;G where he talks about you succeeding where he failed? A side story yes, but also a necessary timeline to get Okabe to actually save Kurisu?

Edit: seems like I have a movie to watch as well...

Yeah but that's why i said it's more of a side story than a continuation.

Though i guess it really doesn't matter when time travel is involved lol.

daveo42

Banned
I want to eat at Neko Fried Chicken.

Yeah but that's why i said it's more of a side story than a continuation.

Though i guess it really doesn't matter when time travel is involved lol.

Very true. I'm looking at it as some sort of roundabout prequel.

Lupin The Third is damn good and the bluray release is extremely well done.

20160922094058_1.jpg

It's referenced again in 0 btw. I also like Lupin.

There was a GB Gaf run in in PUBG earlier today. DamnBoxes on one squad and myself on the other. It was a brutal encounter. I expect videos of the incident to surface soon.

I thought his run was awesome especially after not playing the game for a few months. No run will beat his Gary Busey run though.

It was awesome in that he beat it successfully, but it still had that "wandering around aimlessly until you accidentally run into your target" style that Brad is known for. If top chess players can see 10 moves ahead, in the Hitman Chess game Brad never thinks about anything beyond his next move.

I've been playing Yakuza 0 myself for a couple weeks now. Game is awesome, and I wish I had the rest of the series now.

Once again, Giantbomb has helped introduce me to a game I might not have jumped on if they weren't doing a play through of it to get me hooked. I do wonder about their pace though, and what they hope to accomplish within the BitE series. If they just keep playing the main story, and stop once that's finished, then it's fine. If they plan on trying to finish the side content though, then I feel like they really need to do more then one episode a week. I spent days playing almost nonstop just working on finishing the real estate, and cabaret cafe stuff. I'm still trying to get enough CP to fully unlock the ability paths too. At the rate they're going, they won't finish that stuff til next year sometime.

Antiwhippy

I'm actually kinda curious what made people jump into 0 instead of earlier seeing that it's pretty much the same formula. Is it the sorta prequelish nature of it?

M3z_

Anyone else have issues where the bottom scroll/scrub bar shows on fullscreen videos no matter where you rest the mouse off the site? I started getting it like 3-5 days ago and restarts and chrome updates have not fixed the issue.

I'm actually kinda curious what made people jump into 0 instead of earlier seeing that it's pretty much the same formula. Is it the sorta prequelish nature of it?

Yeah, the fact that it's canonically first in the series helps. I never got around to any of the previous ones, except I tried to give Yakuza 3 a try briefly. That seemed like a bad one to start with though. It has content in it which lets you basically watch the stories of Yakuza 1 and 2, but you miss out on any side content in those games that might have been cool. The story so far in Yakuza 0 is good, but if it JUST that, it wouldn't have the same charm that all the wacky side stories, and crazy brutal combat add to the game also. Starting off with just a dump of story content within Yakuza 3 did not feel like a good way to introduce the series to me, and that particular game felt like it started really slow too which would make it even harder to get into for someone not familiar with it the series already.

Hindl

Yeah just that you could jump in with no prior context, plus it's just the most polished game on a series that can be pretty clunky

Jothel

Anyone else have issues where the bottom scroll/scrub bar shows on fullscreen videos no matter where you rest the mouse off the site? I started getting it like 3-5 days ago and restarts and chrome updates have not fixed the issue.

I have a two screen setup and the only way to get rid of it for me is to get the mouse off that screen entirely

When that happens I hit ESC to exit full screen, then F to enter full screen and the bar goes away.

Antiwhippy

Alright cool. Hopefully they make the rest of the Yakuza series accessible soon on current gen. It's a pretty cool series.

From what I've seen of 0 it would make certain things more shocking to people who start with 0 jumping into kiwami, and I don't just mean mishima.

Y'all gonna hold out on 6 untill the rest is rereleased though?

Maybe not...we aren't gonna get 6 until sometime next year anyway though. Maybe they'll announce a remake of Yakuza 2 by the time that happens. I read somewhere that someone in Sega wants to bring the rest of the series to PS4 also.

Mupod

Yeah, that was a big part of it. I understand they are standalone stories but that's a lot of baggage.

I started getting interested in the series after watching the quick look of 5, but even when that was free on PS3 PS+ I never played it. Getting me to play a game is easier when I have the console hooked up.

At any rate, I'm so glad I did. I don't know if I'm gonna play through the whole series or anything, but Y0 might be my favorite game this year. I thought that was gonna be a hot dunk for P5. Now I liked P5 a lot mind you, Y0 is just that good and I'm loving watching these goofballs play through it all over again. Pretty crazy that Kiwami isn't too far off.

I bought The Surge, I could use a challenge for once this year. I'm too into the setting to pass it up. I think that's game #9 this year.

Edit: It's 8. Someone help me.
Edit 2: I only rented The Show, maybe I'm not so bad.

I've been playing Yakuza 0 myself for a couple weeks now. Game is awesome, and I wish I had the rest of the series now.

Once again, Giantbomb has helped introduce me to a game I might not have jumped on if they weren't doing a play through of it to get me hooked. I do wonder about their pace though, and what they hope to accomplish within the BitE series. If they just keep playing the main story, and stop once that's finished, then it's fine. If they plan on trying to finish the side content though, then I feel like they really need to do more then one episode a week. I spent days playing almost nonstop just working on finishing the real estate, and cabaret cafe stuff. I'm still trying to get enough CP to fully unlock the ability paths too. At the rate they're going, they won't finish that stuff til next year sometime.

Its my favorite game so far this year. Also Yakuza Kiwami(the remake of Yakuza 1) comes out in August so you have that to look forward to after you finish Zero. Plus its only going to be $30 so thats awesome! I need to go back to Zero and maybe try for that platinum...

Chanser

Its my favorite game so far this year. Also Yakuza Kiwami(the remake of Yakuza 1) comes out in August so you have that to look forward to after you finish Zero. Plus its only going to be $30 so thats awesome! I need to go back to Zero and maybe try for that platinum...

Steelbook looks good.

Erekiddo

I've warmed up to Ben quite a bit.

Now I don't understand why he's sitting in the back during a 3 hour livestream, when the producer (Jason) could be in the control room to give him more practice/exposure.

I also agree with sentiments said previously about Jason. He's quite... irritable lately. Curses like a sailor too, to the point where it's tad bit comfortable.

I'm getting worried about these Beast in the East delays. It will probably be up later in the day tomorrow 😞

But at least it's still going strong.

God I fucking adore Horizon, finally finished it this weekend.

Glad to finally have a new IP to be excited about, haven't been a lot this console generation.

I should get back into it. I feel like one of those witcher haters because I really just don't think the combat in Horizon feels very good at all.

I got a very little bit of the way into the game but then I bought a Switch and Zelda and well, there went my time.

Joeku

God I fucking adore Horizon, finally finished it this weekend.

Glad to finally have a new IP to be excited about, haven't been a lot this console generation.

Horizon's so good and fills itself out so well that a sequel will never have the lore hooks that bring me in as well. Zero Dawn is peak Horizon for me.

Horizon's so good and fills itself out so well that a sequel will never have the lore hooks that bring me in as well. Zero Dawn is peak Horizon for me.

I get that.

They did a great job telling a complete story and filling the lore holes that needed filling.

There is a obvious thing they set up for a sequel but yeah... they probably blew their load when it comes to cool world history stuff. Anything else will feel kinda small in comparison.

Megasoum

Banned
I really need to get back to Horizon at some point... I played a bit after the game launched but then got distracted by Zelda and never went back to it.

At this point I think I'll just restart a new game cause it's been so long.

The couple of hours I've played I thought it was really pretty but other than that it didn't really grab me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom