• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
I don't think that'd be nearly as fun; for them and the viewers. Those series are more information/archival based. They'd also be putting out less content for Premium if they went that route.
Demo Derby and Game Tapes are both infinitely more entertaining than what they usually do on UPF. It's not coincidence that them watching an archive of something, whether it's YouTube or an old Gamespot video, is the best segment of any UPF they do it on.

They'd be putting out less content if they do that? Really? How does them doing a live Games Tapes or Demo Derby preclude them from recording some other premium feature once a month like they do now? The last Demo Derby was in February and before that there was one in November. The last Game Tapes was also in February, but the last one before that was in August.

I think a trade of a weekly Games Tapes or DD for one UPF every few months is a nice trade-off.

Enjoyed UPF, ended great as well. Then again I've always been in it for the chilled out, relaxed vibes.
Have they killed off the idea of regular call-in UPFs? I quite liked those, although I know some of you guys didn't.

I liked them as well, an extra Bombcast of sorts during the week wasn't a bad thing at all.

BearPawB

Banned
I think nearly every call in show they ever done has been awful.

It's not even their fault. Just the callers ask the same 10 questions repeatedly.
Anything topical they already covered on a podcast, so it just becomes answering generic questions for far too long.

Also e-mail sections are the worst part of both podcasts. (unless it gets them off topic and goofy)

oti

Banned
I think nearly every call in show they ever done has been awful.

It's not even their fault. Just the callers ask the same 10 questions repeatedly.
Anything topical they already covered on a podcast, so it just becomes answering generic questions for far too long.

Also e-mail sections are the worst part of both podcasts. (unless it gets them off topic and goofy)

Yep. I never want to hear a relationship advice mail ever.

Edit

This Brad QL is super Brad.

justjim89

Damn. The first Styx was a really cool little stealth game that really reminded me of Thief 1. But now they went and tried to make him fucking Deadpool. I almost don't care if the level design is improved.

Man, this Styx character just seems insufferable. When they mentioned it being a PS2 era stealth game that's exactly what was on my mind. In the sea of great games we've been getting these past few months, this just stands out even more as being very damn average.

justjim89

Man, this Styx character just seems insufferable. When they mentioned it being a PS2 era stealth game that's exactly what was on my mind. In the sea of great games we've been getting these past few months, this just stands out even more as being very damn average.

The level design and actual stealth mechanics are really enjoyable as a stealth fan. For once, it's a stealth game that enforces the idea that you HAVE to be stealthy, and the stature of your character lends itself a certain vulnerability. It's a nice change of pace from every stealth game saying "You can sneak your way through, or you can KILL EVERYBODY! Both are valid approaches!" It's refreshingly old school in that respect.

The writing though, holy shit. The first game wasn't exactly well-written, but this just seems awful.

The level design and actual stealth mechanics are really enjoyable as a stealth fan. For once, it's a stealth game that enforces the idea that you HAVE to be stealthy, and the stature of your character lends itself a certain vulnerability. It's a nice change of pace from every stealth game saying "You can sneak your way through, or you can KILL EVERYBODY! Both are valid approaches!" It's refreshingly old school in that respect.

The writing though, holy shit. The first game wasn't exactly well-written, but this just seems awful.

Yeah, I could see hardcore stealth fans enjoying it. I myself do like playing such games from time to time but the release of this just seems weird when you could be playing way better games out right now. I guess I can't blame the developers on this one though, this year has been insane in terms of games even more so than last year. The writing though, jeez.

lksoou7r.gif

i think i created a meme
https://twitter.com/likelyalright/status/853253665523515393
the numbers, they just keep going up

When are we gonna get a percentage of the meme monies?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It was more than thirty minutes until I realized that the loading screen says Mission 1. I am loving that they clearly did not intend players to hear this many death quips this quickly in succession based on how much they repeat.

KingKong

It was more than thirty minutes until I realized that the loading screen says Mission 1. I am loving that they clearly did not intend players to hear this many death quips this quickly in succession based on how much they repeat.

Did you get to the part where Jeff realizes Brad has an invisibility power? Its pretty incredible

It just accrued to me its fucking APRIL and Activision still doesnt want to sell me Modern Warfare remastered on its own.

Jeez. Let me give you my money Activsiion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That new MST3k clip they put of Stranger Things is not inspiring much confidence in me.

Like they made sure to have much more attempts at jokes per second than originally to keep the youtube crowd entertained

I think the thing I weirdly enjoy the most from the GBE Play dates is the way Alex occasionally brings Twitter jokes to life, eg "Don't 👏 Appropriate 👏 Daddy 👏 etc"; or "make your choice by clicking on one of the upcards" "not much, what's up with you?"

TraBuch

Banned
That new MST3k clip they put of Stranger Things is not inspiring much confidence in me.

Like they made sure to have much more attempts at jokes per second than originally to keep the youtube crowd entertained
That's exactly the problem. They don't leave any time for jokes to sit. Just one after another, rapid-fire.

Gurrry

What do you think could have been better?

I kinda wish they would just do what ever they want during UPF instead of forcing themselves to play games when they dont want to. Play a board game? Watch some weird internet videos, order a shit ton of pizza hut etc.

Hell, I wouldve been super down for Brad to try and fix that deck on stream, even if it sounded like a bad idea.

Not saying UPF was all that bad, but some of my favorite GB stuff is when they arent even playing games and do something off the wall. I think thats why I miss Dan on the West coast streams cause he used to always bring some random shit like nacho cheese and oreos to liven things up.

tesqui

I think Gang Beasts is the only couch coop game that I can stand watching for more than 10 minutes. I find 1p games infinitely more entertaining to watch. I think my favorite is when they bring out an older game they haven't played in years or at all. It brings out more entertaining conversations.

Catvoca

Banned
It just accrued to me its fucking APRIL and Activision still doesnt want to sell me Modern Warfare remastered on its own.

Jeez. Let me give you my money Activsiion.

They added loot boxes with extra weapons so I'm not even sure you'd want it. Oh, and the dlc that cost 10 bucks back in the day they're now selling for 15.

Campaign is still fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom