• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

WAIT

nevada

hoover dam

NEW VEGAS HAD THE HOOVER DAM

IS IT HAPPENIGN

GB has mentioned that they don't do invites by game companies unless it's something they're interested in, and I can say that the next fallout would be interesting enougH!?
I want to believe

hell, even a cleaned up rerelease on current consoles would be nice

killroy87

Hope you like hearing another half hour discussion about Zelda

I do

Zelda has had crazy legs in terms of mindshare. Gamespot is STILL doing multiple feature stories on Zelda each week, and they wouldn't be doing that if it wasn't bringing in traffic.

oti

Banned
Zelda has had crazy legs in terms of mindshare. Gamespot is STILL doing multiple feature stories on Zelda each week, and they wouldn't be doing that if it wasn't bringing in traffic.

Since I finished it and watched the Speedrun I'm getting new suggestions on YouTube on a daily basis. People are still finding new stuff to do. It's great.

daveo42

Banned
Jeff is probably having a dam good time right about now.

As someone who doesn't like Idle Thumbs I don't know what to make of that hot take

For some odd reason Idle Thumbs reminded me of Weekend Confirmed and the fact that I haven't heard a thing from Jeff Cannata in ages. I never got into DLC.

LiK

For some odd reason Idle Thumbs reminded me of Weekend Confirmed and the fact that I haven't heard a thing from Jeff Cannata in ages. I never got into DLC.

DLC is a mixed bag, sometimes Spicer is good but then sometimes he annoys the shit outta me. Also, their tabletop segment is worthless to me. No interest in that.

ArjanN

I think the reverence he has for MGS' story is crazy, but then again I thought the crazy illuminati bullshit in Assassins Creed 2 was amazing so what do I know.

It was fucking cool.

That stuff was pretty neat in AC2 but it never went anywhere after that and compared to MGS it's obviously not nearly as clever or indepth.

DLC is a mixed bag, sometimes Spicer is good but then sometimes he annoys the shit outta me. Also, their tabletop segment is worthless to me. No interest in that.

Jeff Cannata was also always kind a mixed bag for me in that he came across pretty charming, but then other times had frustratingly bad opinions.

killroy87

Weekend Confirmed was great, DLC is okay. I'm sure there's an audience for it, but conversation on DLC always just seems a bit too surface level for me, like they are entering each topic with like 75% knowledge of the subject. That's totally fine, I'm aware not everyone is like people on here and spends too much of their lives absorbing information. But always feeling a couple steps ahead of the conversation can be a bit of a bore.

daveo42

Banned

Tabletop stuff would be fine, but I get most of my info on that from friends who listen to stuff like Dice Tower.

Weekend Confirmed was great, DLC is okay. I'm sure there's an audience for it, but conversation on DLC always just seems a bit too surface level for me, like they are entering each topic with like 75% knowledge of the subject. That's totally fine, I'm aware not everyone is like people on here and spends too much of their lives absorbing information. But always feeling a couple steps ahead of the conversation can be a bit of a bore.

It was the same for me. I tried to listen to a few maybe 1-2 years ago and just found the whole thing uninteresting.

kiguel182

Apparently I have to max out Mother Base to unlock mission 46? Got nothing but repeats right now but it only goes to 42.

This game...

Hjod

Banned
If there was a standalone version I'd probably play the shit out of it. It's so good. It's too bad that after you finish the questline it doesn't pay out as well as real estate, but I kept playing it anyways.

Yakuza: Hostess Edition haha.

It's fun as hell for some reason, maybe I'm more into managment games then I'd like to admit 🤔

Apparently I have to max out Mother Base to unlock mission 46? Got nothing but repeats right now but it only goes to 42.

This game...

9696691418_a9c877a9da_o.gif

They talking about wolbachia on NPR today
to cut back the mosquito population this summer.

WO'BACHIA

VOCO' COR' PARASITES

(I wasn't the only one who heard him saying it like that, right?)

Man, remember when Metal Gear games threatened to define a generation's worth of interactivity breakthroughs and amazing storytelling?

Not since 2004.

GB never went in deeper into talking about MGS after V's spoiler-cast and the limited chatter in GOTY, right?

kiguel182

‎Eu avisei

Wait, are you even Portuguese?

I am!

Also, people got my hopes up with "Just do the yellow ones".

This game does so many things right but then it's infuriating.

On the other hand, my Yakuza play time today was fantastic. Finished chapter two and did a pretty funny side story.

I am!

Also, people got my hopes up with "Just do the yellow ones".

This game does so many things right but then it's infuriating.

On the other hand, my Yakuza play time today was fantastic. Finished chapter two and did a pretty funny side story.

The problem is that it's hard to know how exactly it is to unlock the final missions because everyone played it differently. I happened to have done most of the things the game wanted because I was genuinely enjoying the gameplay and experimenting with shit so when I reached the end, the final missions unlocked like it was nothing lol. Most of the people unlocked it by listening to all the yellow tapes(just press play and stop) & doing all the yellow side ops. I don't know if a cutscene will trigger then or when you return to motherbase after doing all that but something should happen?

Thanks a ton for posting that, it was awesome. I bet being there was an amazing experience! You were right, it has convinced me to make the road trip and go haha.

Glad you enjoyed it and yes, it was fucking amazing. The only downside was that 2 hours felt like 2 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom