• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

I've shat on MGSV enough but now I did a total stealth mission and, even if it was frustrating on times, it was pretty satisfying once I finished it.

The game is so good at times.

kiguel182

gameplay is not the issue in MGSV

It's not. Even if I think the enemy eyesight is annyoing at times (and I wish I could dress up like Hitman).

I just wanted some positivity after me complaining so much. Not that I appreciated having to do a total stealth run with no checkpoints but in the end it was cool.

Also, episode 43! I'm close everyone!

Xater

Holy shit drew is going to Eurovision lol. Bummed he couldn't do this project under cbs but eh it's going to rule.

His first destination is a great pick.

I will most likely do another internet group viewing of Eurovision with Dutch Slayer and Penguin. We have done that the last couple of years. Maybe We should use Discord this year, then other people could join in that want to.

Wunder

Gameplay is the only reason I made it all the way through to the end. It's probably the same for a lot of people.

same tbh, its what made MGScanlon that much harder to watch, since he was using a shitty Riot SMG and infiltrating in the day for 80% of the missions

kiguel182

Everyone vote for Portugal at the Eurovision!

I actually, genuinely love the song we are bringing. Even if the lyrics are in portuguese so they don't translate.

This is like our first eurovision song that I actually enjoy.

Flinthook looks coo...
*roguelike*
*procedurally generated*

oh

As I get older and have less time to game, rogue-likes are like-like the best genre-like for me.

Even playing Stellaris right now, I'm playing it in the ironman mode because if my game ends I can treat it like a full game and start fresh after my empire is crushed by those angry space plants.

Xater

Everyone vote for Portugal at the Eurovision!

I actually, genuinely love the song we are bringing. Even if the lyrics are in portuguese so they don't translate.

This is like our first eurovision song that I actually enjoy.

I will hear it on the 13th. I don't watch or listen to any of it beforehand. Makes the main show more enjoyable.

This Is the Run: Soulcalibur - Part 04
[URL="https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/this-is-the-run-soulcalibur-part-05/2300-11995/"]
This Is the Run: Soulcalibur - Part 05
https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/this-is-the-run-soulcalibur-part-06/2300-11996/This Is the Run: Soulcalibur - Part 06
https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/this-is-the-run-soulcalibur-part-07/2300-11997/This Is the Run: Soulcalibur - Part 07
[/URL]This Is the Run: SoulCalibur - Part 08

lkjkoq3h.gif

Scizzy

That damn Riot SMG was the worst suggestion Dan made during MGScanlon. They skipped the entire weaponsmith mechanic!

It was just totally inexplicable. They must have been bombarded with people telling them to go with the silenced pistol and then the weaponsmith guy (including Brad and Jeff as I recall) and Dan just totally dismissed it all.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I am sitting here wheezing in pain trying to be quiet at work surrounded by other people because "I'm the tax balloon" fucking slayed me so hard

For those turned off by the roguelike elements in Flinthook, don't write it off quite yet. The game's actually really good about feeling like you make progress with every run (the targets you take down open up new targets), and it's definitely not a punishingly hard game. I'm not a fan of procedural generation, but when it comes to games with levels consisting of discrete "screens," it works. Game feels great once you get the hang of swinging and shooting at the same time. Don't sleep on it.

bender

What time is it?
I love, love, love Spelunky. Sadly, there is only one Spelunky though,

I hear good things about TowerClimb.

Releasing all the new "This Is The Run" content is a strange choice given you go in knowing the outcome of all but the last. On the other hand, I really want to play some SoulCalibur right now. How are the XBLA versions? I think the original had modes removed. What about II?

Flinthook looks neat and I'll add it to my wishlist but I'm drowning in new releases.

Mr. F

Banned
Listening to the rest of the bombcast - I think I tend to agree that I would play Full Throttle with the old visuals. Maybe it's the translation of the art styles being too literal but I've found the point and click remasters of late to be pretty ugly with their vector-art tracing.

Man, I can't get over how incredible Wonder Boy looks.

Hope it does well. I'd love to see them try out a completely new entry with this art style.

Listening to the rest of the bombcast - I think I tend to agree that I would play Full Throttle with the old visuals. Maybe it's the translation of the art styles being too literal but I've found the point and click remasters of late to be pretty ugly with their vector-art tracing.

I never played Full Throttle but looking at the trailer for the remaster, yikes the original looks way more appealing to me.

I never played Full Throttle but looking at the trailer for the remaster, yikes the original looks way more appealing to me.

Yeah, the remaster does have that overly-smooth emulator filter look to it. Wonder who is doing the Quick Look, obviously that is normally Vinny's schtick, but the way Jason talked about it seems like he'd want to run it.

That said, when are we getting the LOOM remaster?

Catvoca

Banned

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new art either. The great thing about those DF remasters is that they let you customise what parts you want old and new though, so you can play with the old visuals but with the updated audio for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom