• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

oko8fqil.gif

How did I miss this?

Could never get past Binding of Isaac's 4 way aiming.

I did 1 full run and that was that.

Spelunky the GOAT indie game. It is still so far ahead of everything else.

ev0

Why doesn't GBWest do meetups instead of UPF? Stream the party and stuff

Yes, we definitely need what amounts to PAX every Friday with awkward fans asking awkward questions, or maybe everyone drinking and not paying any attention to the camera. Or I dont need fan weirdos playing games. I have Twitch for that.
(nothing wrong with meetups in general though)

kiguel182

The only rogue like I actually beat the boss in was Rogue Legacy exactly because it had tons of permanent upgrades and most runs felt like I was getting closer to the goal.

Wasted runs killed many games for me.

Yes, we definitely need what amounts to PAX every Friday with awkward fans asking awkward questions, or maybe everyone drinking and not paying any attention to the camera. Or I dont need fan weirdos playing games. I have Twitch for that.
(nothing wrong with meetups in general though)

Doesn't have to be q&a or ignore the camera type stuff. Contests? GB vs Fans? Pretty much anything that isn't UPF

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Could never get past Binding of Isaac's 4 way aiming.

I did 1 full run and that was that.

Spelunky the GOAT indie game. It is still so far ahead of everything else.

I spent like 300 hours with Spelunky but I still think it's only alright. It's just a great podcast game

oti

Banned
The only rogue like I actually beat the boss in was Rogue Legacy exactly because it had tons of permanent upgrades and most runs felt like I was getting closer to the goal.

Same. I love Rogue Legacy! Too bad their next game is a brawler.... Why.
is Azure Dreams a roguelike? is Dead Rising? those are the only roguelikes (roguelikelikes?) I think I've enjoyed
Azure Dreams. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I got that game as a gift when I was a kid from an uncle who didn't know anything about games. I didn't understand anything in that game and I always died on the second or third floor. I remember seeing my monster being killed and being shocked how the game didn't just end there. I should watch a playthrough of that game sometimes.

is Azure Dreams a roguelike? is Dead Rising? those are the only roguelikes (roguelikelikes?) I think I've enjoyed

Man, Azure Dreams was great. I barely remember the mechanics but I enjoyed that game a lot. That was probably my second experience with them if it counts... I think my first would be the 100 floor dungeon in Lufia 2?

Tagyhag

Agreed. I can totally see the appeal for roguelikes but most aren't from me aside from a few ones.

I love roguelites because you're still getting closer to the goal every time. Wish there were more games like Rogue Legacy.

If any of you want a space roguelite, look into EVERSPACE. It's in Early Access, but it's basically the same routine of Rogue Legacy. Die, keep your money, get permanent upgrades, rinse and repeat.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys, I'ma make a playlist or something!

edit: except for you strax that is cruel and unusual. I had terrible flashbacks, relived the whole thing, just from the first 3 seconds

TraBuch

Banned
Burger King now has a Froot Loops milkshake. If this was 10 years ago, Jeff and Ryan would be reviewing that shit on a podcast right this moment.

Mechazawa

I was falling asleep to an old TNT last night and I'm pretty sure I heard Kessler read someone's name from chat that had the N word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom