• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Valtýr;238803858 said:
Seeing you all complain about Waypoint's twitter is pretty entertaining. It's so clearly a "oh man this is totally not for me but i'm going to yell at the cloud anyway" scenario but nobody is self aware enough to realize it.

As if that's any different than any other thing we complain about here.

derFeef

Valtýr;238803858 said:
Seeing you all complain about Waypoint's twitter is pretty entertaining. It's so clearly a "oh man this is totally not for me but i'm going to yell at the cloud anyway" scenario but nobody is self aware enough to realize it.

Are you new to this thread?

derFeef

:-(
Brad during the Vanquish PD: "...no one died on this website ever..."
Not blaming him in the slightest, that happened to me too and you only realize what you just said after the words came out of your mouth and you feel terrible. I could feel them all realizing what just got said and covering it up a bit.
I felt bad for the whole crew :-(

daveo42

Banned
Oof...that Prey situation on PS4. They fucked up frame pacing and somehow killed the FOV all at the same time.

Valtýr;238803858 said:

Is there any topic where we don't do this?

imBask

Banned
Valtýr;238803858 said:

Go back to bed Patrick

Yeah I'll give them that. In this day and age #engagement and having a #brand is important because, well that's the name of the game!

That being said I respect Danika's efforts but the waypoint Twitter suuuuuuuccckkks. It's So bad. A while ago I remember Austin talking about these type of Twitter accounts and I was all "my dude did you look at your site's Twitter????". Their podcast is good stuff and I wish they made more video content but I get that writing is their jam. Even if I only read Austin's articles.

Though it'd be Rorie that would helm that effort if that's something they wanted to do and I find the thought funny. Actually now that I'm thinking about it how do new peeps find giantbomb. This seems something CBSi would yell to the fucking clouds about at Jeff during meetings.
CBSi is like Jeff. As long as the numbers keep going up everything is good.

strafer

I never complain about stuff, I got better stuff to do, I don't wanna suddenly die and have the last thing I did was complain about something, like GiantBomb.

I aint got time for that.

I never complain about stuff, I got better stuff to do, I don't wanna suddenly die and have the last thing I did was complain about something, like GiantBomb.

I aint got time for that.

Thats the wrong way to look at it. What if you die with people thinking you liked something because you didnt spend all your time complaining about it? :p

Curufinwe

:-(
Brad during the Vanquish PD: "...no one died on this website ever..."
Not blaming him in the slightest, that happened to me too and you only realize what you just said after the words came out of your mouth and you feel terrible. I could feel them all realizing what just got said and covering it up a bit.
I felt bad for the whole crew :-(

He did a great job quickly course correcting and moving on.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Someone is busy

LKcJbBr.png

strafer

my oh my, Marianna sure is not properly dressed for some meeting

also, why is the first question they ask her is to get naked...that is 101 in chatting games.

Mupod

finished watching the latest Yakuza episode last night. I'm glad Dan finally figured out that Beast style can pick people up off the ground, I'm assuming he will have forgotten by the next one though.

But oh my god when he was narrowly avoiding the pizza sidequest, turning around right before he got to the NPC over and over...well, maybe they'll find it later. I'm sure the comments are screaming at them.

so wait, are you just reposting the same list over and over again but starting it off with "here are more games" each time

because that gets confusing

It's more like a reminder. Like "hey look at this, more games for your ass if you missed it!"
So I finished Soma...and I'm not sure how I feel about it right now. Especially how things ended up after everything. I might need to stew on it a bit more on my thoughts on the game.

I really disliked that the ending was a repeat of something that happened earlier in the game but the MC just forgot about that?
That's why the ending works in many ways because our expectation is just like the MC except we were thrown with the harsh reality of what it will be like when and if the other Simons wake up from the system.

It's all fucked anyways no matter where you look at it from. Most if not all of the people excluding Simon & Catherine don't know that the Ark is just an illusion and the reality is that earth got pretty much wiped out. Now, the question is what will happen inside the ark when you put that many people in one place or for how long will the ark keep going?

I love the ending. It's like, humanity is just dead. It's over. Such a good game, it's been a while that I've played a game that really feels like you were on this desperate, last chance to save humanity. By the end of it, it really feels like you've taken quite the journey.
This is exactly how you get people to not use voice chat lmao.

k4LMP9P.png

YU1QERF.jpg

The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker: Quick Look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R11W2-FWg7Q

1 hour long

Time to watch!

Valtýr;238803858 said:

jesus christ

But he ended it on a positive. He sought to improve his situation.

And that's what really matters!
I think the intent was to say if you have time to watch the Tekken movie you have plenty of time on your hands. Speaking of which, I watched the animated Tekken movie yesterday. That soundtrack sure is something "special". The offspring strikes again.

pizzacat

Banned
Doing what for years?
Having a dumb little box you connect to the head phones, to then connect to the tv.

Now not so much since wireless has been introduced and both controllers for Xbox and ps4 support game audio

I guess they have to use such an old way of doing it becauSE of how the switch is

Besides Dan, did any of the duders finish Breath of the Wild? Were they vocal about it? I can't remember. I'm at work, not playing Zelda, and it's all I can think about. I need my fix. Even hearing them talk about it would help.

daveo42

Banned
That's why the ending works in many ways because our expectation is just like the MC except we were thrown with the harsh reality of what it will be like when and if the other Simon's wake up from the system.

It's all fucked anyways no matter where you look at it from. Most if not all of the people excluding Simon & Catherine don't know that the Ark is just an illusion and the reality is that earth got pretty much wiped out. Now, the question is what will happen inside the ark when you put that many people in one place or for how long will the ark keep going?

I love the ending. It's like, humanity is just dead. It's over. Such a good game, it's been a while that I've played a game that really feels like you were on this desperate, last chance to save humanity. By the end of it, it really feels like you've taken quite the journey.

Soma (some more) Spoilers:
I think the Ark ending is the least interesting part of the whole game. While I was in awe of what it does show, you pretty much come to the conclusion that humanity is long dead and that Catherine's response is to live on in a fake world on the back of a satellite is mostly meaningless in the scope of human civilization in general. It's just a pause on the extinction of the human race.

The more interesting conversations are around the ideas of humanity in general. What actually makes us human and where that lies. Is Simon on the arc any more or less human than the Simon left behind at Omega or even at Omicron or in 2015? How about those whose continuity jumped to the ARK as opposed to being stuck on Pathos-II? It's kind of twisted because it all deals with your own point of view and the concept of consciousness.

I also didn't realize you could no poison the WAU at the end and let it decide how to keep humanity alive at the bottom of the sea, even if that evolution of man and machine may have still resulted in failure.

It also has some interesting relation to portions of the Steins;Gate 0 story regarding
Amadeus
and its role in
digitizing the human consciousness, though that is way more surface level than anything that Soma gets into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom