• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, it bums me out so much what happened to Valve. With Pinkerton pretty much all their writers have left now. It's so weird to see a company I used to like be enormously successful by killing everything that made me like them. (Tho Steam is still pretty good)

What the fuck

Suddenly I'm really excited for EA's NotE3 thing

NeebsGaming/Battlefield Friends has been making some fairly popular Battlefield cartoons for quite a few years now. They've had some cameos in DICE's stuff for marketing before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzNejayDmQI

Huh.
Did those guys do something for the Escapist a couple of years ago? I feel like that (really, really crappy looking) art looks familiar.

Meguro

Banned
The Valve stuff isn't surprising but it still stings.
I consider Portal 2 to be the most well written and consistently funny videogame I've ever played.
I hope they all continue working in the industry.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The Valve stuff isn't surprising but it still stings.
I consider Portal 2 to be the most well written and consistently funny videogame I've ever played.
I hope they all continue working in the industry.

Yeah, it's a shame, really.
So many great writers at a company that gave them a lot of freedom (at least I assume that) and had almost infinite money?
Though I totally get why you wouldn't want to write TF2 comic and Dota item descriptions for the rest of your life.

you guys are the WORST

After watching the video cypher linked I hope those guys host the entire EA show.
Because that video is the most annoying, unfunny thing I've seen in a long while.
God, that would be amazing.

I'm about to hit x4,079 multiplier thing in Crazy Taxi.

I'm currently at ~3q/hr, staring down a ~1.1k multiplier. I mentioned several pages back that it seems that licenses are the primary progression, and I'm wondering what the state of that looks like for you at the point you're at - did you basically have to get some drivers up to a level where they have over 1k/fare? For me, I only have a couple west coast drivers with over 100/fare, and it seems like I just need to luck out on the scratch tickets to have the various rates hit the next exponent.

patapuf

EA had really thin conferences these last few years.

They pretty much show Battlefield and their sports games and not much else exept concept art.

Joeku

I'm currently at ~3q/hr, staring down a ~1.1k multiplier. I mentioned several pages back that it seems that licenses are the primary progression, and I'm wondering what the state of that looks like for you at the point you're at - did you basically have to get some drivers up to a level where they have over 1k/fare? For me, I only have a couple west coast drivers with over 100/fare, and it seems like I just need to luck out on the scratch tickets to have the various rates hit the next exponent.

Yeah, as soon as you get a three-star driver to level 2 your hourly profit should jump severely.

TraBuch

Banned
I have one driver at like $950/fare, but nobody else has even close. I got lucky enough to get multiple three star drivers extremely early and used them in the early taxis and that's a gigantic boost in speed.

Jintor

can i reassign drivers to taxis without prestiging or do i gots to prestige for that

is it okay just to prestige whenever i feel like it or should i wait for the multiplier to go up

this is my first experience of a game where the best way to make the numbers go up is not to play it

EA had really thin conferences these last few years.

They pretty much show Battlefield and their sports games and not much else exept concept art.

You will most likely be repeating the same statement next week:

"EA had a really thin conference this past week.

They pretty much showed battlefront II and their sports games and not much else except concept art."

Outside of need for speed, dlc for existing shooters and some teaser on biowares new IP/new star wars IP, I feel it will be the same song and dance.

TraBuch

Banned
can i reassign drivers to taxis without prestiging or do i gots to prestige for that

is it okay just to prestige whenever i feel like it or should i wait for the multiplier to go up

this is my first experience of a game where the best way to make the numbers go up is not to play it
No, you have to prestige to reassign. I just prestige whenever I feel like it. Usually I'll do it when I wake up. You get a lot of money overnight, so once you double it in the morning, you'll get a pretty big prestige boost.

hamchan

That Murder Island round where the only kill the guys got was when Dan killed some AFK guy while everyone else got gunned down like they were enemies in CoD.

Yeah, as soon as you get a three-star driver to level 2 your hourly profit should jump severely.

Alright, s'what I thought. Just stuck right now because I'm also not getting any diamonds from contracts. As mentioned, I've got 3q/hr, but I'm on a contract to get 1Q total earnings. If this is the ramp, it must just become completely paralyzed once you hit barriers like "i need 50 licenses to level up one 3 star driver to hit the next exponent". Maybe crazy tickets show up a little bit as tapping prizes on later districts or something?

Sitting in a Safelite getting my windshield replaced, glad I held off on the Bombcast. This should keep me entertained for 90 mins.

*sips Rockstar Lemonade*

daveo42

Banned
Why do you want more suffering in the world?

I derive entertainment and pleasure from watching the suffering of others.

I can't even think of an EA game I want to play.

Battlefront 2? Ya know, the Battlefront game should have gotten two years ago? Actually I'm interested in whatever Star Wars content they have, which is way more than I've been interested in EA games in years past. I think the last EA series I was completely in on was the Dead Space franchise.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, I'm pretty lukewarm on star wars so that's a whiff for me too.

Just finished
all 9S chapters for the C/D route. Started the beginning of A2 so I could save.

Huh.
I thought most people would go A2 first. :p

But yeah you can finished it pretty quickly from there.

Jintor

No, you have to prestige to reassign. I just prestige whenever I feel like it. Usually I'll do it when I wake up. You get a lot of money overnight, so once you double it in the morning, you'll get a pretty big prestige boost.

thanks, i might prestige in the morning then

Joeku

Alright, s'what I thought. Just stuck right now because I'm also not getting any diamonds from contracts. As mentioned, I've got 3q/hr, but I'm on a contract to get 1Q total earnings. If this is the ramp, it must just become completely paralyzed once you hit barriers like "i need 50 licenses to level up one 3 star driver to hit the next exponent". Maybe crazy tickets show up a little bit as tapping prizes on later districts or something?

I'm at the same spot you are. Doing about 12q/hr, but that is almost no progress to my 1Q goal. It seems saving the diamonds for high-level scratch cards is the quickest way to get 3-star drivers and thus the biggest jump to progress, so in that regard, I regret boosting my gas to x6 with the currency.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm at the same spot you are. Doing about 12q/hr, but that is almost no progress to my 1Q goal. It seems saving the diamonds for high-level scratch cards is the quickest way to get 3-star drivers and thus the biggest jump to progress, so in that regard, I regret boosting my gas to x6 with the currency.
I dunno, I've never actually bought a scratch card. Just used the ones I've gotten as rewards. I'm still at x2 gas and I was at 49q/hr before going to bed last night. Prestiges this morning and after about 40 minutes, I'm back up to 14q/hr.

It really is just all luck.

How do the gas upgrades progress? Is it always 250 diamonds for 1 more multiplier, or do the # of diamonds/multiplier change? Depending on how it does, the upgrades maayyy be worth something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom