• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
2944213-cnxb_sevmairr10.jpg

Giant Bombcast 484: Dirty Dusted Grandpa
Our last regular show before E3 sees us diving deep into Tekken 7, dissecting the Switch's weird online offering, pondering all the movers and shakers at the show, taking knife-vs-bat offworld, and tapping the wokest clicker ever made.

Time to listen.
What is JV up to?

Enjoying life.

I just beat Yama in Spelunky for the first time and I'm pumped about that. How is Spelunkin with Scoops? I've never been fond of solo streams but discovering the hidden greatness of that game seems like it would be fun to watch. I also wouldn't mind a This is the Run of it but I guess they want it to be multiplayer and they mightn't want to re-thread Patrick's feature. Spelunky is a good game that I ignored for way too long.

ryseing

No Pair-Ups. No children bullshit. No My Castle. No weapon triangle. Best to promote immediately. Fully voiced. 8-4 localization again (Story and characters are excellent). No muss, no fuss. Just straight up, uncut, 100% classic SRPG gameplay.

I really liked Echoes but it's worth noting that the map design in the latter half of the game is downright awful. Almost threw my 3DS during a couple of those Act 3 Celica levels. And no weapon triangle is a con in my book.

The DLC is mostly bullshit but the prequel level pack is quite good. Tad expensive for what it is but it has better objective design than the actual game.

Black Flag was fucking great and against all odds became one of my favorite videogame stories ever. It's a slow burn but it gets really good. Still suffers from typical ubisoft mission design ie. hope you like tailing a bunch of dudes and dropping some eaves

I'm replaying 2 and Edward is so much better than Ezio that it's laughable. He's probably one of my all time favorite protagonists.

Zebetite

Banned
I really liked Echoes but it's worth noting that the map design in the latter half of the game is downright awful. Almost threw my 3DS during a couple of those Act 3 Celica levels. And no weapon triangle is a con in my book.

The DLC is mostly bullshit but the prequel level pack is quite good. Tad expensive for what it is but it has better objective design than the actual game.

i was liking it well enough for the handful of things it does really well but i got to act 3 and the combination of the garbage maps and the insane unavoidable random battles out the god damn ass have me thinking i might just stop for good. there just is absolutely nothing even remotely interesting about the gameplay outside of, like, the weapon system

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No, I'm just spreading my anti-3DS propaganda so that Nintendo can just drop that outdated thing.

I'm going to have to rebuy the new 2DS aren't I.

ryseing

i was liking it well enough for the handful of things it does really well but i got to act 3 and the combination of the garbage maps and the insane unavoidable random battles out the god damn ass have me thinking i might just stop for good. there just is absolutely nothing even remotely interesting about the gameplay outside of, like, the weapon system

Don't get me started on the random battles. I had one early on in act 3 on Alm's route where an armored unit and a witch unit combined. Of course my units have no RES at this point and the ones that do (my mages and clerics) I need to fight the armored guys. PITA and it punishes the player for going back to dungeons to promote.

I'm glad I kept going though. Really liked the story. Celica is now one of my favorite characters in the series, and she has a great supporting cast between Saber, the pegasus sisters, and Mae.

Meanwhile, I'm currently playing a better SRPG series on the switch.

Disgaea 5.

Get out.

(I complain about FE to such an extent only because I care. It will always be one of my favorite franchises)

Speaking of Lemonade, I tried the Rockstar Lemonade that Jeff, Jason, and Ben are always drinking and it was pretty good. Definitely will be buying some for E3. Got another can in the fridge for tomorrow when I listen to the Bombcast though.

daveo42

Banned
Speaking of Lemonade, I tried the Rockstar Lemonade that Jeff, Jason, and Ben are always drinking and it was pretty good. Definitely will be buying some for E3. Got another can in the fridge for tomorrow when I listen to the Bombcast though.

That stuff is seriously awesome. The Monster Rehab ones are also real good and lite on calories. A few of the zero calorie ones are also worth trying if you are into the energy drink scene, specifically Rockstar Watermelon and Fruit Punch.

justjim89

That stuff is seriously awesome. The Monster Rehab ones are also real good and lite on calories. A few of the zero calorie ones are also worth trying if you are into the energy drink scene, specifically Rockstar Watermelon and Fruit Punch.

My energy drink of choice is grape Kickstart. Relatively low calories and not an absurd amount of caffeine like a lot of stuff has.

Bacon

I just beat Yama in Spelunky for the first time and I'm pumped about that. How is Spelunkin with Scoops? I've never been fond of solo streams but discovering the hidden greatness of that game seems like it would be fun to watch. I also wouldn't mind a This is the Run of it but I guess they want it to be multiplayer and they mightn't want to re-thread Patrick's feature. Spelunky is a good game that I ignored for way too long.

Spelunkin with scoops is probably the best thing Patrick did on the site tbh. Really enjoyed that series. Especially the one with special guest Dave Lang.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People seem to assume that SE had unreasonable expectations for Hitman sales, but honestly, didn't it really only sell around 600K? That's not great for the production required for such a game.

Aselith

Man, Alex almost won but he died because he could not stop moving. My dude, just lie still. Prone doesn't mean invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom