• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

I just posted the reciepts, what you do with that information is up to you ;)
The ingredients make you sick just from reading them :p

derFeef

So the main negative points is that it uses artificial sweeteners (and doesn't even bother to specify which sweetener is used, instead laughably blanketing all sweeteners as bad) and that it is highly processed even though it doesn't specify what stands out in the ingredients list.

Please allow me to roll my eyes.

You are right, it's probably holy water.

Dan?

I don't like coffee and my son wakes up every night for at least an hour and I have work early in the morning. Energy drinks are the only way I cope.

guys

i didnt think mentioning energy drinks would have caused this...

continue

tenor.gif

imBask

Banned
I don't like coffee and my son wakes up every night for at least an hour and I have work early in the morning. Energy drinks are the only way I cope.

you can drink energy drink all you want

The problem is that people have a weird issue where if they like something bad for them, they have to convince themselves it's actually not that bad for them.

you can eat hot dogs every day just don't try to tell us it's "not as bad as people say"

The problem is that people have a weird issue where if they like something bad for them, they have to convince themselves it's actually not that bad for them.

All I'm worried about is my dick exploding via kidney stone

i've already had one scare

not again

please

Hindl

This is a bad site. It immediately says all artificial sweeteners and processed food is bad, which whatever, sure. It then cites a lot of research supporting the artificial sweetener take by linking to research about aspertame, even though this is sweetened by Erythritol. Then, it cites artificial coloring as being bad, but almost all of the research provided for that is about the effects artificial coloring can having on developing children.Additionally, almost all of the research is from the 1970s and 80s. Counting up the research articles provided that could actually address problems with the drink (i.e. don't focus on children or aspertame) that were done in the last 10 years and I get 4 articles out of 18. And that's without knowing if those articles are actually good or not. Check your sources, don't just drop this thing as some kind of irrefutable proof.

mintyice

Speaking of monster the ultra sunrise has been my go to lately. Zero sugar and it's super tasty. Good zest and not thick enough to taste too syrupy.

monster-ultra-sunrise.jpg

I bought 3 of those Monster Zero Ultra jawns and they were alright but they just leveled out my energy instead of making me too hyper. I'd rather just have coffee.

Zornack

you can eat hot dogs every day just don't try to tell us it's "not as bad as people say"

Most things are bad in excess. Drink mostly water if you want to be healthy but the occasional energy drink isn't bad for you.

imBask

Banned
Guys diet sodas aren't that bad, diets are good for you

Most things are bad in excess. Drink mostly water if you want to be healthy but the occasional energy drink isn't bad for you.

no some things are objectively worse than others. Energy drinks are worse than apple juice

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, it's more like people say they are bad for you instead of specifying why.

I don't mind putting all sorts of bad shit in my body, it just annoys me when people just label sugar free drinks as all bad.

This is a bad site. It immediately says all artificial sweeteners and processed food is bad, which whatever, sure. It then cites a lot of research supporting the artificial sweetener take by linking to research about aspertame, even though this is sweetened by Erythritol. Then, it cites artificial coloring as being bad, but almost all of the research provided for that is about the effects artificial coloring can having on developing children.Additionally, almost all of the research is from the 1970s and 80s. Counting up the research articles provided that could actually address problems with the drink (i.e. don't focus on children or aspertame) that were done in the last 10 years and I get 4 articles out of 18. And that's without knowing if those articles are actually good or not. Check your sources, don't just drop this thing as some kind of irrefutable proof.

Like this is what I mean. These sites go on some real cherry-picking anti-science shit that only look for the results that suits their biases.

Not all ingredient are created equal.

daveo42

Banned
Speaking of monster the ultra sunrise has been my go to lately. Zero sugar and it's super tasty. Good zest and not thick enough to taste too syrupy.

monster-ultra-sunrise.jpg

Yeah that stuff is real good.

Folks zero sugar drinks are not much better...

But it doesn't have sugar in them and still has tons of caffeine to stay awake during the day. Speaking of, I haven't had coffee this morning and I'm surprised I'm still functioning.

Yeah that stuff is real good.

But it doesn't have sugar in them and still has tons of caffeine to stay awake during the day. Speaking of, I haven't had coffee this morning and I'm surprised I'm still functioning.

I just drank a rockstar sized mug of coffee loaded with vanilla cream and chocolate syrup and now i am drinking an actual rockstar

don't bury me i dont deserve it

daveo42

Banned
Mixing coke with chocolate milk

Mix diet root beer with heavy whipping cream for a sugar free root beer float.

I just drank a rockstar sized mug of coffee loaded with vanilla cream and chocolate syrup and now i am drinking an actual rockstar

don't bury me i dont deserve it

I usually drink 32oz of coffee in the morning, then a rockstar or something similar in the evening, plus a diet Mt. Dew in the afternoon. I should probably just sleep more, but I can do that when I'm dead.

Mupod

Isn't MoHu an Online game?

I played...a LOT of Freedom 2 and Freedom Unite on PSP entirely offline. Hundreds of hours in the series before I ever played it with another person in Tri. I still like going solo as much as playing online, but there are a few GAF regulars in MH games who don't like solo play at all. When you're entirely alone with no AI partners, I just like the way the back-and-forth with the monster is essentially an elaborate evolution of Punch-Out. That's probably how I'd try to sell the series to Dan if I had a gun to my head or an evil genie was making me do it.

4 Ultimate on 3DS is pretty much the only MH game to really try to have a decent story to it, it's still pretty straightforward and it's mostly memorable because the supporting cast and 8-4's writing are great. But it's got easily more than 50 hours of singleplayer content. It's easy as far as MH games go but still has a hell of a learning curve though, especially without external help of some kind.

I guess I'll technically be able to import my save from Generations assuming we get the Switch port of XX, but just thinking about being able to play MH on a TV again makes it hard for me to fire up MH on 3DS. No way are we getting that before the end of August though.

Thank you! Yeah, there are a bunch on there with GB friends (Justin McElroy, Will Smith, Adam Boyes, etc.) I strictly made a NeoGAF account to thank everyone for posting the episodes on here. Super cool to see all the love.

I've only listened to the GB episodes so far but I've enjoyed them a lot! Definitely need to check out some other episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom