• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Was writing it up, but got caught up in some work. I'll DM it to you a bit later.

No worries man. Just enjoy the rest of the ride. :)

Also oof, arms review trending to the average side. I really enjoyed the test punch but yeah, will be waiting to see if they do anything more with updates to add in content before jumping in.

imBask

Banned
those tweets are fake right?

rd5g38l.png

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Now I feel like I'm stuck in some antediluvian plane of existence where every microsecond is pure confusion, horror and never ending memes.

So basically this thread.

IT'S NOT EVEN WEEKEND YOU WEIRDOS

giphy.gif

Does this look good to you guys? Does it need to be bigger? SunhiLegend, the guy who posts all those really good game gifs bestowed some knowledge onto me

imBask

Banned
Now I feel like I'm stuck in some antediluvian plane of existence where every microsecond is pure confusion, horror and never ending memes.

ok so would you rather :

have every song you ever listen to skip like an old CD player
or
have bad VHS tracking lines on every movie you ever watch

derFeef

I heard Vinny smokes.

Like this is what I mean. These sites go on some real cherry-picking anti-science shit that only look for the results that suits their biases.

Not all ingredient are created equal.

So science says those things are good for you?

This is a bad site. It immediately says all artificial sweeteners and processed food is bad, which whatever, sure. It then cites a lot of research supporting the artificial sweetener take by linking to research about aspertame, even though this is sweetened by Erythritol. Then, it cites artificial coloring as being bad, but almost all of the research provided for that is about the effects artificial coloring can having on developing children.Additionally, almost all of the research is from the 1970s and 80s. Counting up the research articles provided that could actually address problems with the drink (i.e. don't focus on children or aspertame) that were done in the last 10 years and I get 4 articles out of 18. And that's without knowing if those articles are actually good or not. Check your sources, don't just drop this thing as some kind of irrefutable proof.

It's the first thing that popped the ingredients of this thing. That's all I wanted to post - no idea if the site is legit. Ingredients are really all you need to know it.
Hell the name/brand alone is all you should need.

edit: done with the topic, sorry.

So science says those things are good for you?

I know you said you were done - but I started reading the most legit paper cited by that site and looked at the data. If you trust the methods the scientists used to analyze their data then technically 4-6.9 servings a week of diet soda reduces your chances of Non-hodkin lymphoma by 10%. Just don't have it daily because then it increases your chance by 10%!!!! (I could not imagine doing this type of huge scale public health science when you produce garbage results like this). They see increases in other cancers but most of their results are statistically insignificant.

All of the animal studies cited introduce the sweetner prenatally which is a whole barrel of worms if using the data to justify effects in adults. Carcinogens are way more potent during development.

Not saying these sweetners are good for you (they probably aren't) but they aren't nasty carcinogens the way that site reads. This is all to say - don't equivocate sugary drinks (which increase risk for diabetes if ingested in volume) with zero sugar drinks (which the science is out on imo).

k8YVe5a.png

Fantastapotamus

Don't know yet.

I bought it mostly so I could get the ME suit for Dead Space 3. You need a ME3 save for that.

Well that makes a lot of sense.
No better time to play the critically acclaimed and beloved Dead Space 3 and who wouldn't want to play that with the iconic Mass Effect suit?

Salarians

while I take issue with many aspects of ME3, it was still a fairly enjoyable experience

Dead Space 3 left me so sad and disappointed I couldn't even bring myself to keep playing just to see the thing

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Have you been playing Darkest Dungeon? I hear they have an expansion coming out.

Wunder

I loved Tim during this

because any time you see one of them trash someone elses review on the site or just like 'that game is garbage' youll get one of them going 'yeeeeeeahhhhhhh but'

Tim stood his mother fucking ground

it was fun to play through that trash fire with a co-op buddy

Fantastapotamus

Have you been playing Darkest Dungeon? I hear they have an expansion coming out.

I played ~60 hours of it (including Early Acces) but I never beat it and kinda don't feel like returning.
The game is great but at some point it get's too hard and too random for my taste.

Melchior

I don't regularly follow GB content but I cannot wait for the post E3 night streams. They are easily my most favorite thing about E3 now. Though I am curious is there introductory videos or content with the 2 new members of the crew? I'd love to see stuff from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom