• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zornack

Mike Mahardy reminds me of that dude from a meme / gif that's making a weird face while either crying or saying "whaaaat?" or "nooo" or whatever it was. Might be from some tv show.

I just realized how useless this description is.

This one?

635824723237566175608453250_large.gif

Diancecht

Apparently I forgot to watch Nioh stream back in 2016 so I cought up and holy shit what the fuck is up with Alex ascending to Godhood?

Apparently I forgot to watch Nioh stream back in 2016 so I cought up and holy shit what the fuck is up with Alex ascending to Godhood?

2847051-giant+bomb+alex+navarro+i+am+a+god.gif

2847046-giant+bomb+alex+navarro+let+no+one+out+there+doubt+my+power.gif

I go to work and come to see the playlist having -200 songs from 10 hours ago.

smh
Yup. I put a ton of good stuff but checked a few minutes ago and someone deleted everything I put except for a few songs. My guess is that someone out there is deleting other people's songs so that whatever he/she picked gets played which is missing the entire fucking point of this thing.

Yup. I put a ton of good stuff but checked a few minutes ago and someone deleted everything I put except for a few songs. My guess is that someone out there is deleting other people's songs so that whatever he/she picked gets played which is missing the entire fucking point of this thing.

I assume there would be a way to disallow a user to delete?

Maybe Jeff should make that change

I assume there would be a way to disallow a user to delete?

Maybe Jeff should make that change

Well, Jeff did say that the entire playlist may get entirely deleted by someone at any given moment so who knows. I think if there was a way to not allow users to delete songs that would make it a much better and more insane experience.

daveo42

Banned
Ok I'm bored of Final Fantasy XV

Nagoshi should be in charge of writing every JRPG going forward

How far into the story are you? I found the story itself to be the weakest aspect of the game from start to finish unless you treat it like
a brotrip
. I also found exploring the world and the side quests to be way more enjoyable than the majority of the main quest points outside of dungeons.

This Crazy Taxi clicker gives ads for other clickers. One of the clickers had Gal Gadot aka Wonder Woman aka Gisele fighting a dragon behind a car (presumably canonical in Fast and Furious 9). How many clickers can one person play? One advertises itself as the best no input clicker.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How far into the story are you? I found the story itself to be the weakest aspect of the game from start to finish unless you treat it like
a brotrip
. I also found exploring the world and the side quests to be way more enjoyable than the majority of the main quest points outside of dungeons.

I mean that's fine, I don't expect JRPGs to have good story or characters(which is funny since that's what most people praise them for?) but I don't think the movement or combat feels good at all. It feels worse than Witcher and DAI which I didn't think possible so I extra don't want to play a subpar open world game with a neat theme that gets old quickly

oti

Banned
This Crazy Taxi clicker gives ads for other clickers. One of the clickers had Gal Gadot aka Wonder Woman aka Gisele fighting a dragon behind a car (presumably canonical in Fast and Furious 9). How many clickers can one person play? One advertises itself as the best no input clicker.

Delete the clicker NOW

a5158925e055a511f815ec407c2dbfadebfcd64acb209f4c7291a99829418421_1.gif

that is why you download all the clickers, like jeff

$399 for Scorpio seems alright. I'd probably consider it as a blu-ray player if Sony doesn't add 4k playback on the PS4 Pro.

Delete the clicker NOW

https://img.ifcdn.com/images/a5158925e055a511f815ec407c2dbfadebfcd64acb209f4c7291a99829418421_1.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

But the numbers go up. And when you hit a car milestone or upgrade your drivers' licenses, the numbers so [I]waaaaay [/I]up. And as the numbers go up, this guy is offering to give me a 10x multiplayer to sell out. But if I get my numbers up enough, he'll increase that number as well.

yami4ct

Ok I'm bored of Final Fantasy XV

Nagoshi should be in charge of writing every JRPG going forward

I don't like FF's writing pretty much universally and I'm a huge JRPG nerd. Even the good FFs like 4 I wouldn't defend for the writing.

Now, if you want the best written Final Fantasy ever, let me tell you about a game called FF XIV.

oti

Banned
$399 for Scorpio seems alright. I'd probably consider it as a blu-ray player if Sony doesn't add 4k playback on the PS4 Pro.

But the numbers go up. And when you hit a car milestone or upgrade your drivers' licenses, the numbers so waaaaay up. And as the numbers go up, this guy is offering to give me a 10x multiplayer to sell out. But if I get my numbers up enough, he'll increase that number as well.

Free thyself from the shackles that are #theNumbers

yami4ct

Where are we getting $399 for Scorpio all of the sudden? Feels like people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Basically a weird Xbox teaser led to a weirdly specific code thing that people typed into google and got a 'build a robot for under $400' magazine cover to come up

$399 at least gives the Scorpio a chance to take off, but given the PS4 Pro hasn't made a dent I highly doubt the market for a 'Pro' console is really anything significant. People will just drift towards the cheapest edition of the console their friends have.

daveo42

Banned
I mean that's fine, I don't expect JRPGs to have good story or characters(which is funny since that's what most people praise them for?) but I don't think the movement or combat feels good at all. It feels worse than Witcher and DAI which I didn't think possible so I extra don't want to play a subpar open world game with a neat theme that gets old quickly

I got use to how the game played, but I'm of the opinion that FF should have gone ATB or something similar instead of going full action with AI teammates. Btw, you playing on PC, PS4, or X1? That might explain the feel. I felt the game had some input lag issues I had to get use to on PS4 until I didn't notice it (well except for one area).

As for the story comment, I think most JRPG stories have become stale because they tend to focus on the same thing and include cookie-cutter archetypes. There are exceptions to that tho and I think the reason why people point to JRPGs for story or characters is the sense of scale they invoke.

yami4ct

Playing FFIX has made me realize that I think ATB is a bad system honestly. I don't hate XV's combat overall, I had some flashy fun with it, but if FF wanted to go turn based again, I'd much rather see X's, XIII's or traditional turn based rather than ATB rearing its ugly head.

daveo42

Banned
ATB is old, but there are some ways to improve the system. IX was just way slower than any other FF game, which was the biggest knock to the combat. X would be real nice too, but I'd more an evolution of the system in general as opposed to traditional turn-based combat.

yami4ct

ATB is old, but there are some ways to improve the system. IX was just way slower than any other FF game, which was the biggest knock to the combat. X would be real nice too, but I'd more an evolution of the system in general as opposed to traditional turn-based combat.

I just don't think the concepts of ATB really work for me. It just creates a lot of waiting for meters to fill for the faux-sense of realism. You can do the whole 'different attacks go at different speeds' thing without having needless waiting. That's both what X and Falcom's Trails series already do.

Before the fad dies they should have a PUBG private match between the two coasts Murder Island crews, Waypoint with Will and Polygon's Mom Squad.

I only really play JRPGs as podcast games and the combat/open world of XV was so terrible I only made it to the first dungeon.

Dan should event horizon himself. It's the only way to know.

Event Horizonning ones self or doing a quick Google search, it's such a hard choice.

XV is probably the worst game I have played to completion in recent memory. I give up on perfectly fine games halfway through, yet played this. Hated the characters, the combat and the story.

Brakara

This waypoint stream with Will Smith is great you guys.

Edit: Ah it's over...

Didn't catch this (made the mistake to go watch The Mummy), but in general these Waypoint PUBG streams have been a lot of fun. And mostly because Austin and Patrick seems to have a lot of fun playing it.

KingKong

I never understood why people who don't have a vested interest care if a console costs 100 dollars more or less anyway, if that would make a difference then you're better off not buying it either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom