• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Not as harsh, but it looks like two different good looking games combining together to somehow look... not very good.

That's a good way to describe it. No idea why I find it so repulsive as I can see myself liking a full game with either style. But this....nope.

why the dubstep gusysssss anything else is better

You lost every right to complain about bad song choices mister

Phatmac

I'm not gonna make a lot of friends for saying this but

Boy, (visually) Bloodstained looks incredibly ugly. Wow I really can't stand the look of that game.
Sadly, I agree. It looks like a bad Unity game honestly. The combat looks fun, so hopefully that'll be able to save the game.

Hopefully my Locoroco pick gets played, more people need Locoroco in their lives.

Boy, (visually) Bloodstained looks incredibly ugly. Wow I really can't stand the look of that game.

It looks much better in motion, I thought. More importantly it is TIGHT in the gameplay department which is what you need.

e: Yes, I've played the demo.

daveo42

Banned
Throw VR in the dumpster. It's done.

The jump from 2D to 2.5D is kind of killing the visuals, but I'm optimistic it'll be improved over the next year prior to launch. Seems like it still lacks some of the visual flair the final game should have. Also, anyone who has played the kickstarter demo knows that this plays 100% like old Iga Castlevanias.

edit (oh snap just noticed I am no longer a jr member)

7SZQUXN.png

Meneses

I really don't like the look of it and it actually makes it seem more sluggish (even though it's probably just a trick of the mind, since most Castlevania games actually have slow moving protagonists).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think bloodstain has the potential to look pretty good but those... animations...

It looks like she's running through treacle.

I'm kinda thinking Nintendo will just be "here's Mario!" with no announcements or anything. I'd love for virtual console stuff to be announced but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hindl

I'm kinda thinking Nintendo will just be "here's Mario!" with no announcements or anything. I'd love for virtual console stuff to be announced but I'm not getting my hopes up.

They'll show off a lot of games, but they're all gonna be already announced/known. We still know nothing about Mario, FE Warriors, Xenoblade 2, random 3rd party titles like Skyrim/Fifa, Rabbids, Splatoon 2, and a few others. That's enough to fill 25 minutes. So I'm not really expecting announcements either. Maybe a tease of Retro's game but that's it. It'll be a little underwhelming but they have enough to talk about with games that I want to play

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like I'll be the only switch owner who doesn't really care about the new mario.

I dunno, if it looks cool I'll check it out I guess.

They'll show off a lot of games, but they're all gonna be already announced/known. We still know nothing about Mario, FE Warriors, Xenoblade 2, random 3rd party titles like Skyrim/Fifa, Rabbids, Splatoon 2, and a few others. That's enough to fill 25 minutes. So I'm not really expecting announcements either. Maybe a tease of Retro's game but that's it. It'll be a little underwhelming but they have enough to talk about with games that I want to play
That sounds very reasonable and likely.
I feel like I'll be the only switch owner who doesn't really care about the new mario.

I dunno, if it looks cool I'll check it out I guess.
I've never played through a 3D Mario game, so I'm interested in this being my first.

daveo42

Banned
You guys are all weird.

I also hate cruise control. I like driving, not steering.

You must not drive long distances often. Cruise control on highways is nice and it evens out your mpg. I love driving too, but I'm also stuck driving to work 10 hours a week.

Hindl

My leg inevitably starts hurting when driving long distances so I use cruise control to ease up on the leg for stretches
That sounds very reasonable and likely.

I've never played through a 3D Mario game, so I'm interested in this being my first.
Yeah, people expecting megatons and whatever will be disappointed and say "lol Nintendo", but they already announced the games for 2017, just gotta show them off. I'm actually most looking forward to Splatoon 2 since I think it could be a GoW1 -> 2 or AssCreed1 -> 2 jump. First game laid the foundation and was a little barebones, and the next one really fleshes everything out and has a lot of content

This right here is why they should have an HD collection of the Galaxy games (or even Sunshine). That's easy cash money.
Oof, I would buy the heck out of that.
Yeah, people expecting megatons and whatever will be disappointed and say "lol Nintendo", but they already announced the games for 2017, just gotta show them off. I'm actually most looking forward to Splatoon 2 since I think it could be a GoW1 -> 2 or AssCreed1 -> 2 jump. First game laid the foundation and was a little barebones, and the next one really fleshes everything out and has a lot of content

I forgot about Spla2oon! Hope we get to see more of that even though it's largely a known quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom