• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

You must not drive long distances often. Cruise control on highways is nice and it evens out your mpg. I love driving too, but I'm also stuck driving to work 10 hours a week.

My last job was outside sales all over the tri-state area, I would spend 5 hours a day driving. Still didn't use cruise control.

Zaph

I can't find a comfortable spot for my right foot when using it, so I just leave it off.

2tuNDty.jpg

Curufinwe

I don't really follow the Beastcast's logic of Sony announcing a PS4 Pro price drop at E3 if Scorpio is $400. Scorpio won't be out till at least October, so surely any Pro price drop could wait until September, maybe alongside Destiny 2.

In the meantime they already temporarily dropped the price of a 1TB PS4 slim to $249. The cheap model is where most of the sales come from.

I don't really follow the Beastcast's logic of Sony announcing a PS4 Pro price drop at E3 if Scorpio is $400. Scorpio won't be out till at least October, so surely any Pro price drop could wait until September.

In the meantime they already temporarily dropped the price of a 1TB PS4 slim to $249. The cheap model is where most of the sales come from.

Yeah I'm always of the opinion that if you're in a position of strength like Sony is right now, you don't make kneejerk desperation moves like that. The only time you drop is if Microsoft goes balls deep and starts at $350.

oti

Banned
Yeah I'm always of the opinion that if you're in a position of strength like Sony is right now, you don't make kneejerk desperation moves like that. The only time you drop is if Microsoft goes balls deep and starts at $350.

Even with 350, why should Sony take a hit on their profit margin? For what reason?

In general I'm wondering where this "Scorpio will fly off the shelves if it's 400 or less" narrative is coming from. I don't see that happening at all. At least not on a scale that would be meaningful to the overall console race whatsoever.

Hindl

Even with 350, why should Sony take a hit on their profit margin? For what reason?

In general I'm wondering where this "Scorpio will fly off the shelves if it's 400 or less" narrative is coming from. I don't see that happening at all. At least not on a scale that would be meaningful to the overall console race whatsoever.

Scorpio could be $200. If it doesn't have good exclusive games no one will give a shit

oti

Banned
Especially if you can play pretty much the same games on a PS4.

Even the PS4 Pro is doing "just ok".
"True 4K" won't change people's mindsets. Games already look good enough on PS4.

It's not the start of the generation with both consoles releasing back-to-back. That was a different story.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Even the PS4 Pro is doing "just ok".
"True 4K" won't change people's mindsets. Games already look good enough on PS4.

It's not the start of the generation with both consoles releasing back-to-back. That was a different story.

I thought PS4 pro is doing pretty well?

My pick! 110th street is one of my favorites. I'm waiting for Locoroco to get played because more people need to hear that.

e: lmao yessss, scatman got played. I put this and Scatman's world. Hopefully Scatman's world gets played too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Scorpio could be $200. If it doesn't have good exclusive games no one will give a shit

That is not true at all. Exclusives help, Yes, but The main drivers for this generation have been Multiplatform games that have been on both platforms (Destiny, GTA V, FIFA, Call Of Duty, Madden, Battlefield, Division). If you can have a cheap console and say the those games look best on our platform, people will care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom