• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I am. The Witness/Splelunky stuff was really bland and uninteresting compared to the Doom and Rocket League docs.

I thought Spelunky was stronger than The Witness but it was great hearing his inspirations for the game(Jonathan Blow). Spelunky's journey though to get to where it is right now was fascinating and very entertaining but eh, different strokes for different folks.

I'm looking forward to the Final Fantasy XIV one, mainly because I don't know anything about this game(not into MMOs) except that they did some black magic shit to turn it around.

A panicked Drew looks at the camera and mouths: ”Sorry, everyone."

Ashby

I wonder if Drew is feeling pretty fortunate right now he wasn't picked to be tortured to death by the N.K. government when he visited there.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wonder if Drew is feeling pretty fortunate right now he wasn't picked to be tortured to death by the N.K. government when he visited there.

I think people in general should reconsider giving money to a heinous regime to basically tour a human zoo.

daveo42

Banned
I thought Spelunky was stronger than The Witness but it was great hearing his inspirations for the game. Spelunky's journey though to get to where it is right now was fascinating and very entertaining but eh, different strokes for different folks.

I'm looking forward to the Final Fantasy XIV one, mainly because I don't know anything about this game(not into MMOs) except that they did some black magic shit to turn it around.

A panicked Drew looks at the camera and mouths: “Sorry, everyone.”

Basically they threw all of their resources at fixing FFXIV from early after its initial launch because it was such a colossal failure in every way. It's also one of the primary reasons why XIII Versus was pushed back after the rereveal in 2011. It took years and a great director in YoshiP (Naoki Yoshida) to push the game back towards being a good FF title while bringing in new players. ARR was nothing short of a miracle for SE and the FFXIV team and they've done a great job in keeping it going.

I'm also real interested to see the doc on the game.

Basically they threw all of their resources at fixing FFXIV from early after its initial launch because it was such a colossal failure in every way. It's also one of the primary reasons why XIII Versus was pushed back after the rereveal in 2011. It took years and a great director in YoshiP (Naoki Yoshida) to push the game back towards being a good FF title while bringing in new players. ARR was nothing short of a miracle for SE and the FFXIV team and they've done a great job in keeping it going.

I'm also real interested to see the doc on the game.

Very interesting. Really looking forward to it, should be this week.

Antiwhippy

Has 14 actually made back the investment put into both making it and fixing it or is it more of a prestige title for SE now?

Curufinwe

Has 14 actually made back the investment put into both making it and fixing it or is it more of a prestige title for SE now?

It pulls in a lot of money where there are expansions.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...wth-thanks-final-fantasy-xv-rise-tomb-raider/

“In the area of massively multiplayer online role playing games, revenues from those operations have been showing steady performance while net sales and operating income declined significantly compared to the prior fiscal year mainly due to the absence of expansion disk releases during the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017.” If you’re wondering about that vaguely worded paragraph, don’t be. It basically says that sales of Final Fantasy XIV: Online are growing steadily despite not getting a major push in the 2016 fiscal year. Thanks to the Stormblood expansion slated to hit in just over a month, it’s likely we’ll see FFXIV start pulling some real weight again in the first half of fiscal year 2017.

So what were some of your favorite Giant Bomb E3 .gifs from this year?

cWBMk01.gif

Antiwhippy

It pulls in a lot of money where there are expansions.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...wth-thanks-final-fantasy-xv-rise-tomb-raider/

“In the area of massively multiplayer online role playing games, revenues from those operations have been showing steady performance while net sales and operating income declined significantly compared to the prior fiscal year mainly due to the absence of expansion disk releases during the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017.” If you’re wondering about that vaguely worded paragraph, don’t be. It basically says that sales of Final Fantasy XIV: Online are growing steadily despite not getting a major push in the 2016 fiscal year. Thanks to the Stormblood expansion slated to hit in just over a month, it’s likely we’ll see FFXIV start pulling some real weight again in the first half of fiscal year 2017.

Ah alright, good to know.

FFXIV is very good but it demands your full attention

I basically couldn't play anything else during the month I spent with it

Yeah it's tough when you are paying a monthly subscription to not feel guilted into dumping time into it. Truth is though the game is great. I might resub after I beat Persona 5 and see if I can't finish the post game patch quests so I can at least experience Heavensward.

Oh wait, is it still sub based?

I thought it moved to a guild wars like system.

You can actually play for free up to level 35 now. I would totally recommend everyone try it just for the world and the music.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Edit2: I can't get over how the camera shakes and zooms when someone hits a wall or something... It's like watching the Borne Identity

Edit5: This show advertises it's twitter accounts more than those dang "influencers"

Edit8: This show is halfway over and they've only done 2 wrestling matches... There's a LOT of filler so far.

This is the show. It's three hours of advertising for a monthly show which at this point is just itself a three hour advertisement for the weekly show nobody watches any more.

WWE is particularly bad right now.

TraBuch

Banned
I haven't watched wrestling in over 15 years, but I'm at work and RAW is on right now, so I'm going to watch this and see what all the hub-bub is about. I'll report back here with a definitive answer if wrestling is bad.

Edit: Hey that guy from the Giant Bomb nite show is on right now.

Edit2: I can't get over how the camera shakes and zooms when someone hits a wall or something... It's like watching the Borne Identity

Edit3: OH FUCK! Rocket League sponsors wrestling?!?

Edit4: Is the choreography always this bad, they don't really look like they're hitting each other sometimes, maybe it was always bad but I ignored it as a kid.

Edit5: This show advertises it's twitter accounts more than those dang "influencers"

Edit6: Who the fuck is this shiny gold Thanos looking dumbass.

Edit7: There's a dude tunning his guitar in the middle of the ring and someone got mad about that and I guess they're going to wrestle over the guitar now?

Edit8: This show is halfway over and they've only done 2 wrestling matches... There's a LOT of filler so far.

Edit9: Somebody got kicked in the face because they shut the lights off and he was walking around with a lantern for some reason.
Watching Braun Stroman appear out of an ambulance screaming must be very confusing for you.

k5q5Z6.gif

Dan doesn't even seem that bad at the game, he's just getting mad when enemies hit him which is really strange to me.

He is bad. Like really really bad. The fact that anyone can think he isn't shows how not bad the combat is. He doesn't even understand the very basic things 40 hours in.

yami4ct

Is it easily soloable?

Can I make a sexy elf lady/guy.

Yes the game has elves. Not a huge fan, but they're fine.

Game is 100% doable solo. Everything that you need a party for has matchmaking queues and I've never found any content I can beat with a pick up group.Even top tier raids are mostly fine because by the time you get there, people know what they're doing.

If you do play, and don't mind being on an EU server, there are a few GB Gaffers including myself over on Cerberus who can help you out. Otherwise the general GAF guild is on Ultros and they're great people as well. Really great game. Totally worth digging into. Never played an MMO before unless you count PSO2 and this game really dug its hooks into me and won't let go.

Watching Braun Stroman appear out of an ambulance screaming must be very confusing for you.

k5q5Z6.gif

Yeah, I kind of tuned out once I found out that the show was 3 FUCKING HOURS LONG and didn't really pay attention. That part was dumb and funny and when the guy clothes lined a grandfather clock and then got beat up by some dudes dressed in bears was all I remember.

Edit: I also remember the dude from the GB E3 show beat up the guy Dan named his dog after... Soooooo, yeah...

But I don't think I'm going to watch anymore wrestling.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
WAIT IT WAS CHAUNCEY BILLUPS

OMG

THIS MAKES THE STORY GREATER

OFC IT WAS HIM HE WAS IN THE PISTONS FOREVER WOW

At some point when he was telling that story, Johnny mentioned it was a cover athlete from NBA Ballers. That narrowed it down to like three people. Pretty sure he said it was a Pistons player in the same ramble, so he may as well have named him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom