• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

4kmrLu5.png

Watching Dan play is kinda interesting. Like if he reviewed Yakuza I would probably take his opinion with a grain of salt because I can tell that his issues with the combat wouldn't affect me.

This is a big part of why i've drifted away from caring about reviews. Being able to see big unedited chunks of gameplay is much more useful to me.

Just finished BitE and ok yea maybe give Alex or Vinny a shot, even if they don't do any better I don't think the game can make them go full rage meter lol

I wouldn't like Influencers if I was in Jeff's position, if only because of the huge presence they had at E3. I think it's obvious Jeff prefers the show to be an actual industry event instead of a giant ad campaign, and all the paid youtubers only tilts the scale towards ad campaign even further.

I wouldn't like Influencers if I was in Jeff's position, if only because of the huge presence they had at E3. I think it's obvious Jeff prefers the show to be an actual industry event instead of a giant ad campaign, and all the paid youtubers only tilts the scale towards ad campaign even further.

E3 has always been a giant ad campaign

Except before it was a direct ad to the written publications who would then publicize these ads in their magazines or websites

And now that the filthy youtubers have enroached upon the spot that those written publications used to occupy, and now they will spread those ads to the public.

I think it would be great if the East crew switched up who plays Yakuza as the series goes on. Like, Alex could play Kiwami, then Vinny plays 2, then Dan plays 3, etc.

dDq8UjF.gif

I just thought of something, When Mario Possesses a human in New Donk City, what happens to the consciousness of that person? Are they just put into the Sunken Place Ala Get Out until Mario is done with their body?

But then that leads to boring playthroughs of Mega Man and arguments over what a B game is.

Hey
Mega Man is cool and the conversations are fun :) B Games come and go unlike Yakuza. They're in it until they're done and from what Ive gathered it'll take them a year going at their speed lol

I haven't watched wrestling in over 15 years, but I'm at work and RAW is on right now, so I'm going to watch this and see what all the hub-bub is about. I'll report back here with a definitive answer if wrestling is bad.

Edit: Hey that guy from the Giant Bomb nite show is on right now.

Edit2: I can't get over how the camera shakes and zooms when someone hits a wall or something... It's like watching the Borne Identity

Edit3: OH FUCK! Rocket League sponsors wrestling?!?

Edit4: Is the choreography always this bad, they don't really look like they're hitting each other sometimes, maybe it was always bad but I ignored it as a kid.

Edit5: This show advertises it's twitter accounts more than those dang "influencers"

Edit6: Who the fuck is this shiny gold Thanos looking dumbass.

Edit7: There's a dude tunning his guitar in the middle of the ring and someone got mad about that and I guess they're going to wrestle over the guitar now?

Edit8: This show is halfway over and they've only done 2 wrestling matches... There's a LOT of filler so far.

Edit9: Somebody got kicked in the face because they shut the lights off and he was walking around with a lantern for some reason.

Hey man some people got to sleep and do stuff. It's an alright episode overall, things are escalating so I'm excited for the things they'll get to see.

7z236Ud.gif

Look man, I know it's opinions and all but are you serious?
Of course I am. The Witness/Splelunky stuff was really bland and uninteresting compared to the Doom and Rocket League docs.

Curufinwe

Really the problem is he just button mashes when he should be more deliberate while holding down R1 to lock on, moving the camera to be behind who is fighting, and hitting X to evade when necessary. But not only that, he doesn't seem to fully understand any aspect of the heat system (they have struggled to see the icon since day one and there still seems to be confusion about heat levels).

Honestly none of this would be a huge deal but when he starts to complain about it or blame the game that's when people start to get annoyed.

Thanks. Dan says he beat all the DMCs on the highest difficulty but I find that hard to imagine with the way he mashes in Yakuza. It's not possible to beat DMD difficulty playing like that, and you really need to be good at avoiding taking damage.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Of course I am. The Witness/Splelunky stuff was really bland and uninteresting compared to the Doom and Rocket League docs.

I thought both were great. The Doom one was actually the only one I didn't find interesting enough to watch completely.

Doom has always been and will always be boring as hell, nothing Danny could have done for it

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thanks. Dan says he beat all the DMCs on the highest difficulty but I find that hard to imagine with the way he mashes in Yakuza. It's not possible to beat DMD difficulty playing like that, and you really need to be good at avoiding taking damage.

DMC has a pretty different feel though. Like if the only criteria to liking a combat system boils down to "being able to dodge" than every fighting system is fun for everyone, but I can see how the movement options and fluidity of control of a DMC compared to Yakuza could make someone want to get better at one and just want to get over with on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom