• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Nah, they bought new cameras recently. They're the detachable ones that look like tablets. Pretty sure they're 1080p if not higher?

I noticed UPF being kinda blurry too.
thanks, now I kinda remember them showing the new ones in the first vmix test stream.

The implications here recently that Jason is bad at his job are pretty gross considering he's in a pretty impossible position as a one-man production crew who simultaneously has to be a content personality because West doesn't have enough people to fill the couch.

TraBuch

Banned
Did anyone give a shit about all that stuff in P4 when it came out? Sure, it's gross when looking back at it from today's perspective, but barely anyone blinked an eye then. Hell, do you think Jeff and Vinny would get a pass for a lot of the jokes they made in the P4 ER? Referring to Naoto as a ladyboy, joking about rape, etc. They'd get completely shit on.

LowRoller

The implications here recently that Jason is bad at his job are pretty gross considering he's in a pretty impossible position as a one-man production crew who simultaneously has to be a content personality because West doesn't have enough people to fill the couch.

yeah it's pretty bad . I hope people in this thread are just kidding around.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

it's especially telling when most would give Vinny plenty of time and patience because he too was also in the same position just a week ago.

Is Phantom Dust running at a weird framerate in the QL?

It looks... chunky.

Also I love the look of OG Xbox games. The textures have so much texture. The bump mapping is so bumpy.

it's especially telling when most would give Vinny plenty of time and patience because he too was also in the same position just a week ago.

Maybe Jason should start doing the pre show mic / stream check like GBeast

I am not sure how many more live streams need to start with no audio / other audio issues on the west coast before they try that.

Aselith

Did anyone give a shit about all that stuff in P4 when it came out? Sure, it's gross when looking back at it from today's perspective, but barely anyone blinked an eye then. Hell, do you think Jeff and Vinny would get a pass for a lot of the jokes they made in the P4 ER? Referring to Naoto as a ladyboy, joking about rape, etc. They'd get completely shit on.

I don't see why that matters? People look at things through the lens of their present beliefs and it's certainly worth acknowledging problematic things from older works (esp since Persona team are still doing it)

I'm sure Jeff and Vinny would see that stuff and cringe pretty hard at their past selves as they seem pretty liberal guys.

Aselith

I was bursting out laughing at the spiders in hair e-mail and responses, thankfully the bus I was on was mostly empty.

That was the moment when Abby was fully joined the crew imo, she had some really good stuff there.
The cas spider mention was great on it's own and the grenade toss was a good support play and led to a Bakalar laugh fit.

Loved it.

Erekiddo

I was bursting out laughing at the spiders in hair e-mail and responses, thankfully the bus I was on was mostly empty.

Apparently this email was read on the Bombcast too, I just need to find it. I sent it in two years ago, so I gotta dig.

I loved hearing their responses. I even got a podcast graphic!

Aselith

Rise is trash. That's the truth.

e8f.gif

You don't belong here anymore, Senpai.

TraBuch

Banned
I don't see why that matters? People look at things through the lens of their present beliefs and it's certainly worth acknowledging problematic things from older works (esp since Persona team are still doing it)

I'm sure Jeff and Vinny would see that stuff and cringe pretty hard at their past selves as they seem pretty liberal guys.
You don't see why context matters? Sure, Jeff and Vinny would look back and probably be like "ugh, those are some dumb jokes we made", but that doesn't mean they were terrible people back when they made those jokes like they would be considered now if they made those same jokes because they were normal jokes that everybody made.

To get back to Yosuke, he's literally the average mid-2000s high school dude. Is it really a problematic portrayal if it's an accurate portrayal? In reality, the odd thing about Persona 4's portrayal of mid-2000s high school kids is that everyone except Yosuke is so tolerant. Yosuke's not inherently this horrible person because he's nervous around someone he thinks is gay or makes gay jokes or thinks cross-dressing is gross. Hell, until Cam'ron made it popular, teen boys during that time were terrified of just wearing pink. Ironically, Cam'ron was also responsible for an extremely common gay joke back then.

Aselith

Hold on a second. I'm not saying Chie is a Shakespearean character or anything, but compared to the literal trash that is Rise she's fucking Faust.

Her defining characteristics are that she likes kung fu movies and she really wants to protect Yukiko. She doesn't change at all really.

Rise is a person who struggles with a created identity vs a natural identity and is trying to find out where she wants to fit into the world. Much more interesting story.

If anything, people like Chie because she's simple.

kiyomi

My criticism of Jason is just a byproduct of West not giving a shit about actually employing someone to help him. It's not a personal attack.

Dude always looks super tired, has a baby, and is surrounded by a staff that seems mostly incapable of helping him on the production side of things even after all these years. He doesn't need to be on the couch, either. If he needs to be 100% attentive of the production, then let him. Rorie/Ben/Brad is fine. Bring in Will or Regina or something if they feel like they need a warm body on the couch.

You don't need to dig at people ITT who are calling him out occasionally. From the outside it can look sloppy, but I'm pretty sure we all understand the position he's in.

Wunder

Her defining characteristics are that she likes kung fu movies and she really wants to protect Yukiko. She doesn't change at all really.

Rise is a person who struggles with a created identity vs a natural identity and is trying to find out where she wants to fit into the world. Much more interesting story.

yeah but galactic punt

oti

Banned

YOU REALLY GET ME GOING SENPAI

qed

daveo42

Banned

Dude...she ends up blending the two together by the end of her arc and decides she's fine with being an idol. Also, the big knock against Rise outside of her social link is that she desperately wants to bone MC. Like her character in the story is all about hopping on the Yu train.

Besides, every party member social link in that game is essentially the same, meaning it's less about her dealing with the fact that she has an inward and outward face, it's accepting both as "her" and moving on. At least Naoto's was more interesting...probably the most interesting, even if I decided on Yukiko the first time through. Yukiko is actually the best.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

How many tanks does Rise kick? Oh whats that? None?
Case closed

Aselith

Dude...she ends up blending the two together by the end of her arc and decides she's fine with being an idol. Also, the big knock against Rise outside of her social link is that she desperately wants to bone MC. Like her character in the story is all about hopping on the Yu train.

Besides, every party member social link in that game is essentially the same, meaning it's less about her dealing with the fact that she has an inward and outward face, it's accepting both as "her" and moving on. At least Naoto's was more interesting...probably the most interesting, even if I decided on Yukiko the first time through. Yukiko is actually the best.

Yes, I think we can all agree that Naoto is best girl

Harpuia

Yosuke is your friend who has some really weird hang ups and bad opinions but you're friends with him because you've known each other for a while/he was your first friend.

Aselith

You don't see why context matters? Sure, Jeff and Vinny would look back and probably be like "ugh, those are some dumb jokes we made", but that doesn't mean they were terrible people back when they made those jokes like they would be considered now if they made those same jokes because they were normal jokes that everybody made.

To get back to Yosuke, he's literally the average mid-2000s high school dude. Is it really a problematic portrayal if it's an accurate portrayal? In reality, the odd thing about Persona 4's portrayal of mid-2000s high school kids is that everyone except Yosuke is so tolerant. Yosuke's not inherently this horrible person because he's nervous around someone he thinks is gay or makes gay jokes or thinks cross-dressing is gross. Hell, until Cam'ron made it popular, teen boys during that time were terrified of just wearing pink. Ironically, Cam'ron was also responsible for an extremely common gay joke back then.

Yeah, I get that but also he's fairly boring as a character and a lot of his character moments kind of revolve around him being a skeevy dude or a big homophobe. While that may be true to life for your typical highschool dude at the time, it also makes him kind of...suck.

justjim89

Just wanted to say Dead Cells is really fucking awesome, y'all. It's like if Rogue Legacy was good. Just wish, seemingly like everyone, that there was a Switch version.

Hindl

Just wanted to say Dead Cells is really fucking awesome, y'all. It's like if Rogue Legacy was good. Just wish, seemingly like everyone, that there was a Switch version.

Yeah luckily I have enough games in the backlog (about to fight the final boss of Persona, then there's Horizon, Nier, Yakuza, etc) so I can hold off for when it's out of early access. But the other reason is that I'm hoping they're working on porting it to the Switch so I can grab it there

Aselith

Going for Naoto means you hate Kanji.

I went for Yukiko. I can appreciate Naoto as a person and still be a bro.

Way to sidestep the whole reason why Rise is the worst.

The heart wants what the heart wants and she wanted some grade-A hero meat. Can't blame her for that. She's also just generally a giant flirt so to some degree, I think that was more her flirtatiousness too.

I can agree that Chie kicks real good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom