• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So many people in the persona 5 spoilercast comments that seemed baffled that people can be disappointed in the game lmao. They shouldn't visit GAF then.

LiK

So many people in the persona 5 spoilercast comments that seemed baffled that people can be disappointed in the game lmao.

I loved my time with it but I was also disappointed with parts of it. The fact that Ben and Alex finished it really showed that they enjoyed it. Some people seem a bit defensive about it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Super glad post E3 Abby's getting out from behind the control room a bit more, although it makes since that her first few weeks were mostly training

Antiwhippy

I loved my time with it but I was also disappointed with parts of it. The fact that Ben and Alex finished it really showed that they enjoyed it. Some people seem a bit defensive about it.

For sure. It's not my favourite Persona but I still enjoyed it a lot.

Hindl

I was pretty optimistic about UPF
Well you only have yourself to blame for disappointment
So many people in the persona 5 spoilercast comments that seemed baffled that people can be disappointed in the game lmao. They shouldn't visit GAF then.
I feel the same way about Persona that I do about BotW, though without the ridiculous highs BotW had for me. I know it's a good game to me since I not only played it for more than 10 hours, but actually finished it, and I really enjoyed a lot of it. But there are so many areas in it that I think could be seriously improved

Antiwhippy

Yeah the one thing I'm surprised about is that people seem kinda eh on the soundtrack. It's one of my fave of the series. Then again I REALLY like jazz.

LiK

Yeah the one thing I'm surprised about is that people seem kinda eh on the soundtrack. It's one of my fave of the series. Then again I REALLY like jazz.

Rivers in the Desert is one of the best boss tracks ever. They didn't even mention that! 😢

I enjoyed Persona 5 a lot but I'd be lying if I said I liked it more than 3 (Im one of those crazy people who like that one the most) but I think I like it more than 4 just a bit.

I didnt really have a problem with the translation, but it felt like a lot of the dungeons got a bit copy past-ish.

Antiwhippy

I enjoyed Persona 5 a lot but I'd be lying if I said I liked it more than 3 (Im one of those crazy people who like that one the most) but I think I like it more than 4 just a bit.

I didnt really have a problem with the translation, but it felt like a lot of the dungeons got a bit copy past-ish.

You pretty much echoed my entire opinion of the game and series so yeah.

You're part of the crazy people.

daveo42

Banned

Ah, thanks. No wonder they've sung so many praises for it. OLED. Fucking madmen though, not paying $2k for a tv lol

It is a fucking fanstastic TV, but I also own the same model. HZD and FFXV looked stunning at 4k with HDR. Blew me away with how good those games look.

Eh I'm at the point where they need to either change the gameplay section for something else or go full out to making EO quality dungeons.

I don't expect the dungeons to get much more complex because most people seem to want more daily management sim out of Persona as opposed to much deeper dungeons. P5 married the two together much better than 3 and 4, but dungeons are just there to push the story along and give each section more context related to the overall plot.

Still, I hope their time away from Persona working on Project RE Fantasy will let them improve on future games.

Joeku

I'm pretty glad that it's one of the few spoiler warnings I took heed of.

Even despite the spoiler, I didn't
know that playable credits could make me feel that way. I don't know if the game weighs the comments a certain way on purpose, but most of the ones I saw were positive and supportive.

Yoko Taro is a wonderful nutjob. And the localization was fantastic. I'm going to have an even harder time going back to Persona 5 after this.

Edit: Now I get to do the fun part of trawling through the spoiler topic to get confused by conversations about sidequests I didn't do.

Harpuia

Man Nier becomes a much better game once they let you play as 9S. The little hacking minigame and it's effect on the combat do it wonders to make fighting robots enjoyable.

Also the 2nd run makes it so noticeable that 9s is a chatty Lil dude. And hes.. like the only one talking. It's kind of sad actually. As 2b you think "boy he talks a lot" but as him you go "Man 9s just wants a friend".

Joeku

Man Nier becomes a much better game once they let you play as 9S. The little hacking minigame and it's effect on the combat do it wonders to make fighting robots enjoyable.

Also the 2nd run makes it so noticeable that 9s is a chatty Lil dude. And hes.. like the only one talking. It's kind of sad actually. As 2b you think "boy he talks a lot" but as him you go "Man 9s just wants a friend".

Yeah, sitting here in the afterglow of it, if there is one word I would say summarizes the themes of the game it's "perspective" and its multiple meanings.

Antiwhippy

Even despite the spoiler, I didn't
know that playable credits could make me feel that way. I don't know if the game weighs the comments a certain way on purpose, but most of the ones I saw were positive and supportive.

You can most definitely go
super dickish or super weird with that the further you go down the options.

I made mine super dickish.

Snagret

Super glad post E3 Abby's getting out from behind the control room a bit more, although it makes since that her first few weeks were mostly training
She's super funny and plays off of other people really well. That whole GBE playdate was phenomenal, hopefully she continues to get more screen time.

Harpuia

Damn it Peter Brown. His nonchalant spoilers will be affecting people years and years after he said it.

Who is Peter Brown so I can avoid him like the plague. By the grace of God I have yet to be spoiled about ANYTHING relating to Nier and i would love to keep it that way!

Joeku

Who is Peter Brown so I can avoid him like the plague. By the grace of God I have yet to be spoiled about ANYTHING relating to Nier and i would love to keep it that way!

Peter works for gamespot. He spoiled some pretty key stuff when he guested on the Bombcast a couple months ago. He gave warning for it, but it was still...unnecessarily ruinous?

Hindl

Gamespot editor. He was on the Bombcast shortly after its release and talked about something that happens at the end of the final route

SZ6KJTq.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom