• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned

tumblr_mhetz7fi921qblic4o1_400.gif

Wunder

I think PUBG can make it out of early access, I'm just not sure if people expect a higher level of polish or something. These guys are basically working patch to patch and while there might be one or two revamps in UX or animations, I think the game will look very similar to its current state

ArjanN

I wish I got PUBG. From where I'm standing, it really doesn't seem like anything that we haven't seen a million times before, and the way GB have latched onto it honestly baffles me.

It's not like Hitman last year, where the free-form madness and fun of the sandbox made a very compelling case; I simply do not see PUBG's major appeal.

The appeal seems pretty obvious to me honestly. Also, while this formula has been done before, it really hasn''t been done well before all that much. from what I've seen PUBG actually seems like the most polished, well-realized example of that formula. (desite all it's 'jank')

Still PUBG isn't going to top Zelda or Nier Automata for their GOTY anyway. It's a bit too janky and one-note, so it's probably too easy to shoot holes in during a discussion.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff and Alex are on the Kinda Funny Gamescast

can't believe they're on a podcast that used to have Colin as a host, I had no idea they're both republican apologist! Time to drop GIantbomb folks
kf39uwy.png

edit: Oh and they had to close the Jon Blow Zelda thread lol

imBask

Banned
how

I downloaded GIMP and I did some layer stuff but it didn't work and this is the situation we have to deal with now.

The easiest way to do it if you're unfamiliar with photoshop or GIMP is to put your image over the abby image, put the top layer in transparency, erase over the arm with the eraser tool and then remove the transparency

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To loop it back around to giantbomb, when I heard Blinking white guy say that he can smell his eyeballs burning during lasik is when I decided to nope out of the whole thing.

Good on Tim on the KF x GB for saying he is glad that E3 press conferences are cutting out a lot of the bullshit. And for being someone not saying "what's the point of E3?"

I can't wait for 8 more years of Persona 5 and Nier talk in this thread.
Keep it going.

At least there is something to discuss there. Oh cool someone shot someone else this week in PUBG.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
At least there is something to discuss there. Oh cool someone shot someone else this week in PUBG.

You are right, this thread in particular always had real problems finding things to discuss.
I'm joking btw, I don't mind people talking about P5 or Nier at all. Why would I? If you guys talk about those things you can't talk about Anime or Wrestling.

You are right, this thread in particular always had real problems finding things to discuss.
I'm joking btw, I don't mind people talking about P5 or Nier at all. Why would I? If you guys talk about those things you can't talk about Anime or Wrestling.

No wrestling? I take it back, commence the PUBG talk.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The combination of the randomly determined plane line and the randomly determined circle location is one of the most brilliant design decisions in Battlegrounds. I have a ton of admiration for it. Those two things manage to take a static island and turn it into a space you will almost never traverse in the same way twice. Even as you learn to recognize landmarks and locations the point where you start and the point where you end are so different every time you play that the line you follow across the landscape always creates a different combination of elements in a different order

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
If somebody would come into the "Eu fines google" thread and call Merkel a fascist or communist (or both) that thread would be simply perfect.

Finally got the chance to download Murder Island. Did murder occur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom