• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The freeform way that elemental effects stack is also something I've rarely seen in games.

Using electric weapons to cheat puzzles is amazing to me.

Joeku

rc8QBlv.gif

I was snotting up and everything trying to keep it in (and failing). It was gross.

So that Taxi Clicker game should win GOTY is what you're saying.

Truly the Craziest game this year. In terms of Best Story, that shit is fucking wild.

Antiwhippy

I didn't really cry at that part of nier. I was too busy having my mind blown from what is happening and also from staying up till 6am.

I teared up
when i went back to the village only to see pascal and also the slide i built.

I didn't really cry at that part of nier. I was too busy having my mind blown from what is happening and also from staying up till 6am.

I teared up
when i went back to the village only to see pascal and also the slide i built.

I only teared up at
that moment with the kids and Pascal. Infact the entire segment just gives me chills thinking about it from the children, to you & Pascal protecting them and then finally only for them to suicide with you having the choice to wipe Pascal's memory or leave him with the pain of witnessing what just happened.

Pascal is probably my favorite side character in that game. There's a certain charm and sweetness to him.
I had to take a break after that. Shit was too much.

e: mistake double post

Joeku

i cried out of anger at pete brown. i kid, i kid, i'm over it now

9s' va really puts in the work.

Yeah I'm watching him and 2B's VA play through the game now and it's kind of endearing how into it they are.

Edit: You know, Yoko Taro is actually the auter who's going to make sexy characters that make you ashamed of your words and deeds, but he's not enough of a diva to tweet that shit.

Jintor

i don't think anybody is ashamed of their words or deeds tho if the amount of fanart gracing my twitter feed is any indication

Joeku

i don't think anybody is ashamed of their words or deeds tho if the amount of fanart gracing my twitter feed is any indication

No doubt. But the game also calls out 9S for how thirsty he is
in the most dramatically-presented text adventure bit I've ever seen
. And the helicopter in MGSV is a combo mission planner + ass viewer.

While I don't think Nier is that much of a looker as a game, the costuming is entirely fantastic (except for the operators, they're on some Arabian Nights S&M shit). The fabric looks really fabricy. I don't know what P* did here that other devs don't but it looks good.

Nerokis

I heard Dan's "in play racquetball" line on a plane, and I'm pretty sure my attempt to suppress my laughter only served to make it seem like I was crying.

What a moment. Almost the podcasting equivalent to cooking egg shells.

Jintor

what was dan's totem that he decided on if he was to possess things again?

i might go watch that GB react to the Odyssey trailer again because that was some good shit

Zocano

Yah, just dropping in the shit is the best way to learn how to "play" the combat moments and maybe actually instill some tactical awareness in them. Glad they're just doing that now. It's also just generally more fun, too.

Still frustrating when they can't coordinate directions for each other. Hearing Brad constantly not know where any targets are is annoying but part of it is that they aren't adjusting their callouts all that well for each other (and just making generally bad ones too).

Overall a very good episode of murder island, tho. General good play and good kills with some fun Vinny goofs sprinkled in.

This week's Murder Island was great, I am glad they have have given up how to win and are being more fearless. Abby just blasting fools from windows and actually shooting at range was a refreshing change.

This week's Murder Island was great, I am glad they have have given up how to win and are being more fearless. Abby just blasting fools from windows and actually shooting at range was a refreshing change.

Yeah it makes for an entertaining stream and the best thing about that playstyle is it will eventually end in delicious chicken dinner for them.

Tunoku

The entire Pascal storyline should probably win moment/sequence of the year. If you think about that entire arc, it's just so powerful.

bomma_man

The freeform way that elemental effects stack is also something I've rarely seen in games.

Using electric weapons to cheat puzzles is amazing to me.

I'm honestly not sure how you're supposed to do some of those puzzles properly.

I kinda want to go back and play Wind Waker or something and see how restrictive it feels. Man that game would be so good on Switch :'(

I suspect Jeff will steady the ship and PUBG will win Best Surprise, but Zelda, maybe Mario, will edge it for #1 overall.

Going by their logic/response for Super Mario Maker* (and to a lesser extent Hitman) then they maybe should put PUBG at #1...it depends how the rest of the year goes.

*Most of the reason that they loved that game was publishing levels and having a very public forum to play those levels and challenge PKlepek.

For validation - AWalker put Hitman in his top 10 list without having even played it.

I wish I got PUBG. From where I'm standing, it really doesn't seem like anything that we haven't seen a million times before, and the way GB have latched onto it honestly baffles me.

It's not like Hitman last year, where the free-form madness and fun of the sandbox made a very compelling case; I simply do not see PUBG's major appeal.

I dont see how anything but PUBG wins GOTY. I feel like everything else has had a detractor where as the most detraction PUBG got was Rorie saying the jank was a little too much.... while saying he thought the game was a ton of fun.

Everyones played it and everyone likes it. Even new people like it. Will on the bombcast? Loves PUBG. Gary Whitta on the bombcast? Loves PUBG. Abby already seems way into it. Dan plays it constantly, Jeff really likes it, Vinny really likes it, Brad really likes it, Ben likes it, even if Mario is 10/10, by the time GOTY is around, there will likely be several staff members that havent played it.

Ugh.

Antiwhippy

I wish I got PUBG. From where I'm standing, it really doesn't seem like anything that we haven't seen a million times before, and the way GB have latched onto it honestly baffles me.

It's not like Hitman last year, where the free-form madness and fun of the sandbox made a very compelling case; I simply do not see PUBG's major appeal.

I mean the freeformness of Hitman was basically just blood money on medium steroids.

Blood money is so fucking amazing for its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom