• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
so ready for this long weekend

Man, I wish I had Monday off.

Man, three amazing games and one stinker.

Fuck Wolfenstein.

suspicion.gif~c200

def sim

Giant Bomb‏ @giantbomb 1m1 minute ago
PREMIUM MEMBERS - want to play Friday the 13th with the GB Staff? Send a PM with your steam name to BenPack on the site for your chance.

Giant Bomb ‏@giantbomb 5s5 seconds ago
The stream will take place on Thursday at 3:00 PST. It will be free for anyone to watch, but only premium members will be added to the game.

TNT is back? Free show.

I haven't watched any Twin Peaks but I've been hearing things about this last episode and it sounds so fucking bonkers that I've been thinking about trying to catch up.
If you haven't seen the original series, I'd recommend at least watching Fire Walk With Me first. It's far more important to the new episodes. But yeah, you should absolutely watch if it sounds bonkers in a way that appeals to you.
Yes! The sites most unjustly maligned feature!

I wish they just low-key called it a TNT.

so ready for this long weekend

Goood shit.
Giant Bomb‏ @giantbomb 1m1 minute ago
PREMIUM MEMBERS - want to play Friday the 13th with the GB Staff? Send a PM with your steam name to BenPack on the site for your chance.

Giant Bomb ‏@giantbomb 5s5 seconds ago
The stream will take place on Thursday at 3:00 PST. It will be free for anyone to watch, but only premium members will be added to the game.

TNT is back? Free show.

Ah, I would have joined if it was the Xbox One version but yeah, PC definitely is the best version despite the issues it has. Game is currently just worse on consoles, not buying this shit again on PC.

I'm looking forward to the bugs and disconnects, if the QL is anything to go by.

The disconnects from my understanding are because an actual player is hosting the game (and not a server), so if that player dropped the "server" drops out on everyone else.

I THINK they patched that a while ago, but I'm not 100% sure.

Giant Bombcast 487: Call of the Night Rooster
2948645-mattress_0.jpg

This week our SNESs are tiny and our Battle Passes leveled. Jeff checks in with Saturn modding. Brad checks in with PS VR. Ben finished Nier a thousand times. It's a podcast!
Filed Under: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Star Fox 2, Dota 2, Grand Theft Auto V, Tekken 7, NieR: Automata, Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin, Polybius, Dead Cells, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, Jim Ryan, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Saturn

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The disconnects from my understanding are because an actual player is hosting the game (and not a server), so if that player dropped the "server" drops out on everyone else.

I THINK they patched that a while ago, but I'm not 100% sure.

That seems like a GREAT idea for a multiplayer game!

Joeku

If you haven't seen the original series, I'd recommend at least watching Fire Walk With Me first. It's far more important to the new episodes. But yeah, you should absolutely watch if it sounds bonkers in a way that appeals to you.

I'm having trouble getting through season 2, and I'm not even out of the Lynch episodes yet. There is some je ne sais qois about the first season that just isn't there in part two; something with the added cast, the extra episodes, the way it drags out some...it just isn't landing as hard.

Also like Peter and the end of Nier, someone spoiled something for me regarding a main plot point years ago and I unfortunately never forgot. I guess it's a bit of a Darth Vader/Aeris' fate type thing though.

I'm having trouble getting through season 2, and I'm not even out of the Lynch episodes yet. There is some je ne sais qois about the first season that just isn't there in part two; something with the added cast, the extra episodes, the way it drags out some...it just isn't landing as hard.

Also like Peter and the end of Nier, someone spoiled something for me regarding a main plot point years ago and I unfortunately never forgot. I guess it's a bit of a Darth Vader/Aeris' fate type thing though.

I'd actually say just stop after the Lynch episodes, then watch the finale + FWWM and be done.

If the "spoiler" is the big one, I don't even think that detracts much. The secret thing about Twin Peaks is that the obvious mystery doesn't fucking matter one bit, and that is emphasized by FWWM and doubly so in the new episodes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Reading up on a bunch of Nier Automata side quests I didn't do.

I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOKO TARO

I CAN'T DENY IT ANYMORE

Which ones are blowing your mind?

Like most of them are pretty eh mechanics wise, but are so good at lore building/foreshadowing.

hamchan

I haven't watched any Twin Peaks but I've been hearing things about this last episode and it sounds so fucking bonkers that I've been thinking about trying to catch up.

Watch that but also watch the entire work of David Lynch to prepare because the new series resembles something like Eraserhead more than old Twin Peaks.

Joeku

I'd actually say just stop after the Lynch episodes, then watch the finale + FWWM and be done.

If the "spoiler" is the big one, I don't even think that detracts much. The secret thing about Twin Peaks is that the obvious mystery doesn't fucking matter one bit, and that is emphasized by FWWM and doubly so in the new episodes.

While I appreciate the idea and you're not the first person to suggest that, I just honestly don't think I can abide skipping episodes. I'd be more likely to stop watching altogether.

But I keep hearing that new Twin Peaks is just bonkers as fuck and I want to see that. So I'm torn. Is there really nothing redeemable (or even necessary) about the last half of the season?

Which ones are blowing your mind?

Like most of them are pretty eh mechanics wise, but are so good at lore building/foreshadowing.

Mechanically they are almost all uninteresting, which is why I didn't do them. It's just a general sense of them all and the way they reinforce the big ideas in the game that I'm loving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom