• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpuia

Late game Nier Automata GOTY coup de'tat incoming

Probably not but I'mma flip if that doesn't get best music/story

I'm only 1/3rd into the second run of Nier but it needs needs Needs to win best story. I personally think Persona 5 deserves best music but I'd be happy if Nier won. Every song on nier is amazing except the credits theme. I do not like weight of the world.

I'm only 1/3rd into the second run of Nier but it needs needs Needs to win best story. I personally think Persona 5 deserves best music but I'd be happy if Nier won. Every song on nier is amazing except the credits theme. I do not like weight of the world.

Well you're just straight up wrong but finish the game

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

*rubs hand in anticipation*

This ends with Ben playing the OST out of his phone then Dan says Zelda had memorable tracks and Jeff agrees. In the story category Jeff asks them if they saw all 26 endings then decides they should read the wiki "Oh, so you die eating a fish... doesn't sound great to me"

Best music sure, but Jeff will utterly demolish it in best story in order to lock in Horizon. His argument against it will be a glorious mix of "anime garbage" and wikipedia summaries that will banish both Alex and Ben to the shadow realm.

jambo

BE4FCoC.png

Antiwhippy

Horizon is that game where I'm surprised that there isn't more talk of. Everyone seemed real high on it during pre-release.

Harpuia

Well you're just straight up wrong but finish the game

I mean..thematically it's a fitting song. Maybe I'm missing some scene that will make me cry tears of sorrow at Yoko Taros brilliance. It has this weird Eurovision soulful ballad thing going on that makes it kind of boring. The Japanese version though is really good. That version does some extra things that make it more emotional.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
As someone who don't watch a lot of lynch stuff what is it about 3 that makes it more Lynchy than Twin Peaks OG?
There's a five minute scene of a dude sweeping the floor. No cuts.

If Twin Peaks 1+2 were pop music, season 3 would be noise rock.

Hindl

Best music sure, but Jeff will utterly demolish it in best story in order to lock in Horizon. His argument against it will be a glorious mix of "anime garbage" and wikipedia summaries that will banish both Alex and Ben to the shadow realm.
Did you listen to today's Bombcast? Jeff got some slight inkling of what Nier's story becomes and he was extremely into it
Horizon is that game where I'm surprised that there isn't more talk of. Everyone seemed real high on it during pre-release.
Zelda came out 3 days later and kinda sucked up all the attention. Then Persona 5 hit right as people were finishing up Zelda

Antiwhippy

Zelda came out 3 days later and kinda sucked up all the attention. Then Persona 5 hit right as people were finishing up Zelda

Oh yeah that's right.

Remember when Zelda, Horizon and Nier all drop like within a week of each other.

And somehow all 3 are weirdly similar.

Did you listen to today's Bombcast? Jeff got some slight inkling of what Nier's story becomes and he was extremely into it

He won't actually play it though. He hasn't even gotten through route A, let alone B. At best he'll watch it on Youtube, lessening the impact.

Salarians

Danny's FFXIV vid is pretty great

never knew about the whole "slowly growing red moon" or "rest at an inn and get a nightmare scene when you log back in" stuff from before ARR, cool stuff

Horizon's story is bad and I don't know why people like it. They probably have an audio log fetish.

tesqui

I'm still upset TNO didn't make it into the top 10 of 2014

I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself with Wolf 2. And wouldn't it be just PERFECT if Destiny 2 overtakes it.

Soooo my copy of Arms came in today. Pretty much agree with Jeff’s thoughts about it on Kinda Funny.

The game is a lot of fun! However to me it is very much a fighting game in that unless you get really into competitive or have people to play with locally all the time there's not a lot there to keep me around. I think I'm going to try to trade it in next month on GAF for FFXII or Splatoon or something.

Antiwhippy

God I can't even fucking remember what I played in 2014, though it's most probably a whole bunch of Vita stuff. I think I was just too busy studying back then.

Like I played none of the games in GB's top 10 lol.

Mr. F

Banned
God I can't even fucking remember what I played in 2014, though it's most probably a whole bunch of Vita stuff. I think I was just too busy studying back then.

Like I played none of the games in GB's top 10 lol.

I pretty consistently only play 3 games tops from GB's top 10, if even that :<

were his thoughts that it looks like trash cause i think it looks like trash

It's absolutely not trash. The worst you can lob against it is there's not enough single player content.

Also I know they talk about this every single podcast appearance but I think they got it in their head and never got deep enough to change their mind: playing on a regular controller and not moving fists in opposite directions is fine. From what I've seen you don't typically do that anyway because it exposes you. And the mobility on a stick beats using motion controls.

Hindl

2014 was a good year if you like Nintendo or indies
He won't actually play it though. He hasn't even gotten through route A, let alone B. At best he'll watch it on Youtube, lessening the impact.
Doesn't matter he's actually into the general idea of the story, and Alex and Ben love it.
Oh yeah that's right.

Remember when Zelda, Horizon and Nier all drop like within a week of each other.

And somehow all 3 are weirdly similar.
Well now I guess I have to play Nier to see the similarities with Zelda and Horizon

daveo42

Banned
I still can't let 2014 slide because Destiny made the top 10, Shadow of Mordor was their #1, and Wolfenstein was no where on the list.

Edit: Steins;Gate was released on PC in 2014 in NA, so I guess I can let that year slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom