• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
5naFCkF.gif

still the GOAT vid.

also writing "new guy" in the search bar and it pops up Giancarlo's profile as the first result never gets old LOLOLOLOL

I'd play it but I know my PC isn't up to the task.

hmmm

i would like to think my PC is capable but then i remember hearing its apparently very CPU bound. Maybe old ivy bridge can do something with it.

Tagyhag

I just like PUBG because it harkens back to a time before meta player progression became the end all be all in multiplayer games.

You go in, click Play, shoot dudes, then leave. There's no persistance and nothing matters outside the game. Love the purity of vision.

It's also one of the most tense experiences in gaming.

I got my first chicken dinner today and I couldn't remember the last time I felt so adrenaline-fueled.

Maybe a horror game but outside of that genre? Not even close.

I got my first chicken dinner today and I couldn't remember the last time I felt so adrenaline-fueled.

That too definitely. Very similar to the rush I get when I get through a particularly brutal stretch in a Soulsborne game.

That's for sure. This week I've gotten #2 and #3 in duos with a friend and then #4 in solo. When you get down to the end that tension increases tenfold, no one moving until they are forced to, trying to look in the grass for the last people. I got to the end spot with ~15 people left, went prone in the grass and didnt move a muscle. A bit later one person was running to get into the circle so I shot him without getting up and kept lying there. Happened again with another person... then I finally had to move and got sniped :(. Such a good game, easily worth the $30.

Congrats on the chicken dinner!

daveo42

Banned
GTX 760
AMD Phenom II X4 Processor
8 gigs

it's very low end at this point, I also built my PC 7 years ago~

hmmm

i would like to think my PC is capable but then i remember hearing its apparently very CPU bound. Maybe old ivy bridge can do something with it.

I've got an old sandy bridge processor with a 6950 and 8GB, so I know about how well my PC can handle certain games. I just need to pull the trigger and drop some cash on a new system.

Man there is some real funny outrage for some of the Crash remake scores.

I really don't see how that gameplay in 2017 could get anything above a seven from anyone who doesn't have nostalgia for the original games.

At the same time I'm gonna have a blast playing this and my sister is excited to play it too, I haven't played these games since I was like six or seven and I can't wait to get all nostalgic and shit.

Hindl

I really don't see how that gameplay in 2017 could get anything above a seven from anyone who doesn't have nostalgia for the original games.

At the same time I'm gonna have a blast playing this and my sister is excited to play it too, I haven't played these games since I was like six or seven and I can't wait to get all nostalgic and shit.

What's even crazier is people going "Oh man was hoping it'd get higher scores" and it's getting the same scores as DKC: TF. It's basically 4/5

oti

Banned
What's even crazier is people going "Oh man was hoping it'd get higher scores" and it's getting the same scores as DKC: TF. It's basically 4/5

Man. I grew up with Crash too and it has a special place in my heart.

But come ooooooooooooooooooooooooon.

Crash is an OK platforming franchise.

OK.

DK:TF is on another level.

Crash is decent and fun fanfiction while DK:TF is Shakespeare.

Playing through GoWIII reminds me how much I love action puzzle platformers :p Prince of Persia games were awesome, well, not the cel shaded one but Forgotten Sands was great.

We need more of them.

PowerTaxi

Banned

Review threads were a mistake.

Hindl

Man. I grew up with Crash too and it has a special place in my heart.

But come ooooooooooooooooooooooooon.

Crash is an OK platforming franchise.

OK.

DK:TF is on another level.

Crash is decent and fun fanfiction while DK:TF is Shakespeare.

Oh yeah, DKC should've also definitely scored higher. I like to hedge so I won't say greatest, but definitely one of the greatest 2D platformers I've ever played

Review threads were a mistake.

it's bad when people like flip out and say dumb shit like, "lol gamespot giving it a 6 just to get clicks lol no journalistic integrity lolol."

but they can also be funny and exciting when good scores are hitting and people get hyped and make silly gifs

i like silly gifs

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just like PUBG because it harkens back to a time before meta player progression became the end all be all in multiplayer games.

You go in, click Play, shoot dudes, then leave. There's no persistance and nothing matters outside the game. Love the purity of vision.

I mean Overwatch is the same.

You know, I just realized that were getting at least 90 minutes of live streams this week.
Monday: pubg
Tuesday: GBE Megadate
Wensday: Rorie playing Wildlands
Thursday: Friday the 13th
Friday: UPF

oti

Banned
Man, I really hope PUBG will turn into a highly polished game over time. I remember being really excited over DayZ coming to consoles... what a bummer that thing was.

But it's getting mostly 8's and 9's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom