• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys my sweet kitty Bib got fleas! She's a 100% indoor kitty, so I don't know how it happened. Must have been me, I guess.

I've vacuumed every inch of my apartment and am washing all my bedding and blankets. Are there any cool tips y'all can provide?

Guys my sweet kitty Bib got fleas! She's a 100% indoor kitty, so I don't know how it happened. Must have been me, I guess.

I've vacuumed every inch of my apartment and am washing all my bedding and blankets. Are there any hot tips y'all can provide?

Your only salvation is fire.
tumblr_om48psZibX1u1ljrzo4_540.gif

patapuf

What's the best way to approach the combat in Prey?? I really like a lot of stuff but I haven't had fun with the combat so far.

I am pretty early on tho. Got the shotgun, pistol, gloo, stun gun, and foam dart thingy

There's a lot of options, but i just used the shotgun and grenades. The taser for robots. For a zero power playthrough that works great.

If you use powers controlling robots is pretty great.

It's the worst time to be a beer merchandiser (American holiday weekend). No time for #content. I know I'm playing Crash and listening to the Beastcast tomorrow no matter what.

PUT IT IN MY VEINS

*Beastcast theme begins*

Jothel

Who here listens to the Zonecast? I thought it was a super jokey thing but every so often I see Griffin on Twitter being super proud and emotional about it... What did that podcast become?

Sea Of Thieves is a great idea on paper that is surely going to bomb. I think they have misjudged the amount of Xbox One owners who will game in groups of friends and buy games together.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sea Of Thieves is a great idea on paper that is surely going to bomb. I think they have misjudged the amount of Xbox One owners who will game in groups of friends and buy games together.

Isn't wildlands the biggest game of the year because there are a lot of people that like to just group up and play?

PUBG too.

Who here listens to the Zonecast? I thought it was a super jokey thing but every so often I see Griffin on Twitter being super proud and emotional about it... What did that podcast become?

The Adventure Zone?

Griffin felt the need to graft a super serious main plot onto his wacky improv D&D podcast to mixed results. The current arc really leans heavy on that lore, which is basically Griffin reading plot dumps, and it is insufferably dull as a result.

Also, a portion of the fanbase is completely bonkers and everyone involved in the podcast appears to be slowly killing themselves trying to please everyone, so I can see why Griffin would get emotional on Twitter or whatever.

Isn't wildlands the biggest game of the year because there are a lot of people that like to just group up and play?

PUBG too.

Yes but there is also value in these games playing solo that will attract people who then branch out and play with other people or realise people they know also have the game. Also the PC landscape is a little different I would suggest.

Mr. F

Banned
Anyone familiar with GoNNER? Kind of itching for more stuff to play on switch and wondering if it's worth a look. On its face it looks like your standard roguelike indie whatever but hoping there's more to it as I like the style.

The Adventure Zone?

Griffin felt the need to graft a super serious main plot onto his wacky improv D&D podcast to mixed results. The current arc really leans heavy on that lore, which is basically Griffin reading plot dumps, and it is insufferably dull as a result.

Also, a portion of the fanbase is completely bonkers and everyone involved in the podcast appears to be slowly killing themselves trying to please everyone, so I can see why Griffin would get emotional on Twitter or whatever.

"Getting so emotional about the response to today's #TheZoneCast. Thank you all. This show means so, so much to me."

Yup, sounds like the fanbase is really killing him.

I think the current arcs the weakest because a huge part of it is Griffin talking to himself, but it has some really good moments and obviously some people really like it.

I'm still surprised that Polygon is both still around, and that they haven't left

Eh, I think their video content is really strong.

Griffin has literally said that he puts more time into The Adventure Zone than any other thing he works on, including his "actual" job at Polygon.

I caught up with the podcast over the winter break. It's got some great moments, particularly the 3rd - 5th arc which are really creative and fun, a great mix of comedy and storytelling. And Griffin makes some legitimately great music for it. But also the fanbase has grown increasingly toxic in the way that a lot of progressive, youth-oriented media seems to be (see Homestuck, Steven Universe, Undertale). And the current arc is just this interminably long flashback that doesn't even use the D&D ruleset or really let the players impact the story in a meaningful way.

But it's still good.

Do the mcelroys actually do anything on Polygon?

Griffin's pretty big in their video efforts, and I think Justin joked at the last Giant Bomb E3 live show that he was currently Polygon's "old man/spirit animal" or something along those lines

I'm always a little surprised they haven't left to focus completely on the McElroy comedy empire, but I like Polygon a lot so I'm glad

I really should watch the MBMBAM tv show one of these days...

Griffin's pretty big in their video efforts, and I think Justin joked at the last Giant Bomb E3 live show that he was currently Polygon's "old man/spirit animal" or something along those lines

I'm always a little surprised they haven't left to focus completely on the McElroy comedy empire, but I like Polygon a lot so I'm glad

I really should watch the MBMBAM tv show one of these days...

It seems like Polygon is basically rebranding itself around the McElroy style of video game comedy series. Stuff like Please Retweet is basically them looking at how popular Monster Factory and Griffin's Amiibo Corner are and going "fuck it, let's just have everyone do that."

kvothe

I've vacuumed every inch of my apartment and am washing all my bedding and blankets. Are there any cool tips y'all can provide?

Not a cool tip but: my cat got fleas and I got her the flea medicine from the pet store and they went away. None of my furniture or carpet got infested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom