• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah so my graphics card is boned

what's a graphics card i should get

i had a radeon r9 200 series and it was okay.

honestly my main problem (aside from the blow to my finances) is probably gonna be fitting it in the case

I upgraded from a 290x to a 1070 when those were first coming out, and the latter card was actually shorter than the former by like half an inch.

patapuf

yeah so my graphics card is boned

what's a graphics card i should get

i had a radeon r9 200 series and it was okay.

honestly my main problem (aside from the blow to my finances) is probably gonna be fitting it in the case

depends on budget. The Nvida 1060/70/80 series is good.

So are their AMD equivalent.

The one thing i'd watch is to get at least 4GB of Vram if you intend to play newer AAA stuff. I think the 960 is the cheapest card that has that.

Jintor

Some GPU prices are insane right now because of a new cryptocurrency mining boom.

awww shit not a week ago i was smugly thinking man good thing i don't have to upgrade my graphics card right now

i guess i would probably cap out at AUD$500-600 right now

it's pretty amusing to me my card died the day i spent $300 on some (pretty fucking good) headphones tho, easily the most expensive luxury purchase i've made since the switch

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's only certain cards, though. Like the RX 480 is going for up to $500 right now, which is almost double its MSRP

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
8hr86xP.png

oh who posted the new screenshot from the Sakura Sagan sequel?

Polybius is the first VR game I've felt a bit queasy watching on a video, apart from when Dan played that karting game and couldn't keep his head still. Holy fuck.

It's nice to see them excited about some VR stuff. I'm not really a big fan of the hyper acid trip games that Jeff Mintor makes, but hearing them crazy excited right out of the gate is a breath of fresh air.

Is it wrong that I felt uncomfortable when they were talking about shooting guns on the beastcast for 10 minutes , with everything that's going on with guns right now?

Is it wrong that I felt uncomfortable when they were talking about shooting guns on the beastcast for 10 minutes , with everything that's going on with guns right now?

Nothing wrong with talking about shooting guns. Its like feeling uncomfortable that they talk about shooting games that feature guns.

Do you feel uncomfortable discussing food or eating when people die of hunger every day?

No, i guess it's just strange from me as someone living in the U.K, since we don't really have any real access to guns. Hearing about having that easy of access to guns will always be strange to me.

All the more reason to do it. Hey! Be nice!

Hey! I never said...I meant...dammit!

It does show how vital Jason is to the operation right now. But if he is out they should do a "we have no idea what we're doing" stream like Jeff & Dan did that time when they were the only two there.

awww shit not a week ago i was smugly thinking man good thing i don't have to upgrade my graphics card right now

i guess i would probably cap out at AUD$500-600 right now

it's pretty amusing to me my card died the day i spent $300 on some (pretty fucking good) headphones tho, easily the most expensive luxury purchase i've made since the switch

Having just sold my RX480 for an obscene amount of money, this is probably the worst time for your card to die. Every card that isn't a super low end card or a 1080/1080Ti is out of stock or selling for over MSRP. If you get lucky you can pay MSRP for a card, otherwise just get a 1080/1080Ti and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom