• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
sqyJyiM.gif

My goodness

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm interested in Logan but I learned my lesson after Deadpool

that movie might as well have been written by seth macfarlane. The only thing I liked about that movie was that it wasn't like every other MCU movie. And I'm familiar with the Deadpool character.

Strax

I'm interested in Logan but I learned my lesson after Deadpool

that movie might as well have been written by seth macfarlane. The only thing I liked about that movie was that it wasn't like every other MCU movie. And I'm familiar with the Deadpool character.

Yeah, the timing of Deadpool did so much for that movie. Had it come out before everybody figured out MCU films would almost all feel and look the same I doubt it would've gotten so much love.

I was pretty skeptical at first, but Abby ended up being a great choice for the east coast, especially on the podcast, her improv and Vinny's wit are a good match. Ben too. But God damn do they need an "academic" like Patrick or Austin to drive out the in depth discussions on all things games. Beastcast is a good fun time, it's more or less a comedy podcast, but I do find myself (literally sometimes) falling asleep during the bombcast. It's just a bunch of "it's a cool thing" or "it's garbage" mixed with some news, the email section is the only part worth listening to.

"It's really neat!" "I played this for an hour and never want to touch this again"

I'd appreciate it if the West coast just took a minute to listen to themselves to hear how badly they're relying on these verbal crutches and how little video game discussion actually happens. I know, I know: who cares about video game talk? I mean, I certainly didn't start listening to the bombcast because it was a particularly nuanced take on the video game industry; it was more about their personalities and how they reacted to video game news/releases. But that's become increasingly less interesting, and I think it's because the West is pretty bad about getting out of their comfort zone and trying stuff out. I liked hearing Jeff's mixed thoughts on Bloodborne after he bounced off literally all of the other Souls games. But more often than not if something isn't extremely his shit, he'll back off immediately. And who can blame him? It makes little sense to have those kinds of projects nowadays with the volume and rate of video game releases. Go back and listen to older bombcasts and how often they'd "check in" on each other's progress and compare that to recent ones where everyone just kind of has a couple of hot takes with very little in the way of actual discussion.

I used to hate bombcasts with special guests because I felt that they broke up the group dynamic and threw the whole thing out of whack. Nowadays I'm just glad someone's there to break the monotony and shake things up.

Logan is good, Though having mountains in ND was funny

Watched Kong Skull Island this weekend and that was way better than I thought plus tons of video game references was cool. Dude who made it clearly loves journey, Zelda, MGS, etc :)

Also saw baby driver yesterday. That movie is great!

"It's really neat!" "I played this for an hour and never want to touch this again"

I'd appreciate it if the West coast just took a minute to listen to themselves to hear how badly they're relying on these verbal crutches and how little video game discussion actually happens. I know, I know: who cares about video game talk? I mean, I certainly didn't start listening to the bombcast because it was a particularly nuanced take on the video game industry; it was more about their personalities and how they reacted to video game news/releases. But that's become increasingly less interesting, and I think it's because the West is pretty bad about getting out of their comfort zone and trying stuff out. I liked hearing Jeff's mixed thoughts on Bloodborne after he bounced off literally all of the other Souls games. But more often than not if something isn't extremely his shit, he'll back off immediately. And who can blame him? It makes little sense to have those kinds of projects nowadays with the volume and rate of video game releases. Go back and listen to older bombcasts and how often they'd "check in" on each other's progress and compare that to recent ones where everyone just kind of has a couple of hot takes with very little in the way of actual discussion.

I used to hate bombcasts with special guests because I felt that they broke up the group dynamic and threw the whole thing out of whack. Nowadays I'm just glad someone's there to break the monotony and shake things up.
I go to Waypoint Radio for actual game discussion these days. I'm not always interested in the games they discuss (I start skipping ahead when Rob starts talking about whatever obscure-ass grand strategy game he's playing this week) but at least they have things to say about games that I couldn't find out for myself by peeking at GAF threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom