• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crash became the new Dark Souls.

Got banned for saying eat a dick at someone posting a thread comparing crash to dark souls.

Which he was right to do honestly.

tempted the gods

now ben is building an army to set him free

It's one of the most agreeable things he's ever posted.

Permabanned because he was a bot that randomly generated posts about the quality of UPF or old games. Literally the only two things it would ever post about

He got banned for disliking UPF.
Good riddance.

Thanks! Haha dark souls WTF.

pre-pare-to-die-editio-n-crash-bandicoot-has-become-24413159.png

Hasney

Got banned for saying eat a dick at someone posting a thread comparing crash to dark souls.

Which he was right to do honestly.

Not really. You can whine about a thread, bump it and bring even more attention to kt, or ignore it, laugh at the stupid and go about your merry way

Crash Bandicoot is an hardcore old school platformer and it's destroying my soul...and I'm loving every minute of it.

Made it up to Lights Out.

Fuck Native Fortress, Road to Nowhere, Sunset Vista, The High Road, and Slippery Climb.

THOSE DESTROYED ME BUT I CONQUERED ALL.

AH HA HA.

PUNY MORTALS.

Catvoca

Banned
Man, the Switch and Zelda are both so good. Really glad I picked them up. After all the hyperbole surrounding BOTW I wasn't sure if it would live up to my expectations but I am having such a good time with it.

I HAVE A CRUSH ON NINTENDO

I CAN'T DENY IT ANYMORE.

Kinda Funny managed it!

True, but to be fair, that was at an official Ubisoft event. I'm guessing Giant Bomb was also invited, but did not go. The Easy Allies streams, as pointed out, were done in their studio garage space.

Also, I'm really thinking about picking up that game now that it has the IBM Watson voice recognition tech. The only worry is they're calling it a "beta period". Apparently it works extremely well, but I'm afraid I'll buy it, only to have the Watson stuff removed. I have no interest in doing it online unless I do it with people I personally know. Unfortunately, I'm the only person I know with a compatible VR headset (I have PSVR).

"It's really neat!" "I played this for an hour and never want to touch this again"

I'd appreciate it if the West coast just took a minute to listen to themselves to hear how badly they're relying on these verbal crutches and how little video game discussion actually happens. I know, I know: who cares about video game talk? I mean, I certainly didn't start listening to the bombcast because it was a particularly nuanced take on the video game industry; it was more about their personalities and how they reacted to video game news/releases. But that's become increasingly less interesting, and I think it's because the West is pretty bad about getting out of their comfort zone and trying stuff out. I liked hearing Jeff's mixed thoughts on Bloodborne after he bounced off literally all of the other Souls games. But more often than not if something isn't extremely his shit, he'll back off immediately. And who can blame him? It makes little sense to have those kinds of projects nowadays with the volume and rate of video game releases. Go back and listen to older bombcasts and how often they'd "check in" on each other's progress and compare that to recent ones where everyone just kind of has a couple of hot takes with very little in the way of actual discussion.

I used to hate bombcasts with special guests because I felt that they broke up the group dynamic and threw the whole thing out of whack. Nowadays I'm just glad someone's there to break the monotony and shake things up.

I definitely agree with what you are saying and it is a perfect match for how I felt about Kinda Funny content until recently (including the guest thing). Honestly the only one I truly trust to finish games now are Alex and maybe Ben and Vinny.

Beastcast is great, Bombcast could maybe benefit from a tiny bit of the self reflection you're talking about. That's why I try to pimp the Game Informer podcast sometimes. They still review a hell of a lot of games for the magazine and website and have a large pool of editors to bring in from week to week, so you almost always hear opinions on a few games that have been finished not just touched for a quick look and dropped.

I mean, they also have families now and don't have the kind of time they used to. That's why only Ben and Alex finish things.

Even Brad... well actually I don't know what Brad does.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though honestly i can't even remember what games the east coast actually talked about for the past few weeks now.

They're more of a comedy podcast almost through accident now which is fine but let's not pretend they don't have the same problem when talking about games.

SomberOwl

Were the speed relics always in Crash 1 & 2? I only remember them from 3. Anyway those are going to be a very hard time to get in Crash 1.

"It's really neat!" "I played this for an hour and never want to touch this again"

I'd appreciate it if the West coast just took a minute to listen to themselves to hear how badly they're relying on these verbal crutches and how little video game discussion actually happens. I know, I know: who cares about video game talk? I mean, I certainly didn't start listening to the bombcast because it was a particularly nuanced take on the video game industry; it was more about their personalities and how they reacted to video game news/releases. But that's become increasingly less interesting, and I think it's because the West is pretty bad about getting out of their comfort zone and trying stuff out. I liked hearing Jeff's mixed thoughts on Bloodborne after he bounced off literally all of the other Souls games. But more often than not if something isn't extremely his shit, he'll back off immediately. And who can blame him? It makes little sense to have those kinds of projects nowadays with the volume and rate of video game releases. Go back and listen to older bombcasts and how often they'd "check in" on each other's progress and compare that to recent ones where everyone just kind of has a couple of hot takes with very little in the way of actual discussion.

I used to hate bombcasts with special guests because I felt that they broke up the group dynamic and threw the whole thing out of whack. Nowadays I'm just glad someone's there to break the monotony and shake things up.

Yeah, the bombcast's actual game talk is bad. The show's become so tepid I'm actually not listening to it weekly anymore for the first time in forever. This is in part because 1 particular person's voice just sounds like crushed glass, sandpaper and the sound of a shovel being dragged across sandy pavement to me, but that part's been covered (I don't have a problem with his regular speaking voice but half the time he's in the vocal fry register, sometimes for entire sentences, and I just cannot deal). Also Brad is not a good host imo.

Strax

Though honestly i can't even remember what games the east coast actually talked about for the past few weeks now.

They're more of a comedy podcast almost through accident now which is fine but let's not pretend they don't have the same problem when talking about games.

I made it about 30 mins in before shutting off the last Beastcast. First time I've ever done that.

Antiwhippy

I made it about 30 mins in before shutting off the last Beastcast. First time I've ever done that.

It gets better after that but honestly the beastcast is better when there's more people to contrast with dan. Which is why alex fits so well into the dynamic.

The first part does feel like them waiting in their own shit in a way.

Do you think less reviews has led to less of them finishing games and therefore more circular chat about the first hour of games?

I just played the first hour of Thumper btw, that was a ride.

Do you think less reviews has led to less of them finishing games and therefore more circular chat about the first hour of games?

They've never really had a great deal of reviews, so I doubt it's had too much of an impact. I think they've just settled into a groove both in terms of what games they play and how they talk about them. Jeff in particular has his catchphrases.

Yeah you're maybe right. But anyway I agree the "what have you been playing?" segment has become kind of bad as most of the time it seems like they haven't been playing much or don't have much to say about it. Dan and Jeff were always the drivers of that segment since 2014 but he is gone now. Sometimes I feel like I am waiting for GOTY to hear their real opinion on a breadth of games.

Games do come along lile Zelda where they really dig in but its few and far between now.

I still dig the news and emails though.

Antiwhippy

Am I in bizarro world where GBEast and the Beastcast hasn't been the best thing ever the past two weeks?

Depends on what you want really. Beastcast does too many bits that go on for too long really, where the reason I've always come to giantbomb for are spontaneous shooting the shit.

I'll give you 2 examples in that infamous beastcast which we're not supposed to remember. The Mars bit was absurd and funny, but in a sense it felt like they were forcing the wacky by making it overstay its welcome. Meanwhile, the bit that actually fucking slayed me was the racquetball bit, which was short, absurd, and one of the funniest moments I've heard in awhile.

Ashby

Depends on what you want really. Beastcast does too many bits that go on for too long really, where the reason I've always come to giantbomb for are spontaneous shooting the shit.

I'll give you 2 examples in that infamous beastcast where we're not supposed to remember. The Mars bit was absurd and funny, but in a sense it felt like they were forcing the wacky by making it overstay its welcome. Meanwhile, the bit that actually fucking slayed me was the racquetball bit, which was short, absurd, and one of the funniest moments I've heard in awhile.

i.e. Vinny's achilles heel

Yeah, the bombcast's actual game talk is bad. The show's become so tepid I'm actually not listening to it weekly anymore for the first time in forever. This is in part because 1 particular person's voice just sounds like crushed glass, sandpaper and the sound of a shovel being dragged across sandy pavement to me, but that part's been covered (I don't have a problem with his regular speaking voice but half the time he's in the vocal fry register, sometimes for entire sentences, and I just cannot deal). Also Brad is not a good host imo.

How dare you talk about Jeff like that

Antiwhippy

I don't think what I said is meant to construe that the beastcast is bad lol. I literally said that one of the bits was one of the funniest moments I've heard in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom