• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Just finished Prey... What a fucking amazing game... My GOTY (and that'S crazy considering all the great games that came out so far in 2017).

I'm really bummed that it will most likely be overlooked by the GB crew.

Just finished Prey... What a fucking amazing game... My GOTY (and that'S crazy considering all the great games that came out so far in 2017).

here's some hot wisdom for you

you don't need other people to validate your opinions for you

That ending huh? Man. I loved it and I hope someone from the GB crew finishes it so they could talk about it come GOTY time.

Hjod

Banned
I guess I'll play Prey after Nier, add one more to the backlog!

I've been sitting on Nier for like 3 weeks now and I have just no motivation in going back in. I'm somewhere in the middle of the second playthrough and it's just so booooooring. At some point I'm gonna force myself to finish this thing to finally understand why everybody loves the story so damn much though.

Or... I'll play Prey before I finish Nier..

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I've been sitting on Nier for like 3 weeks now and I have just no motivation in going back in. I'm somewhere in the middle of the second playthrough and it's just so booooooring. At some point I'm gonna force myself to finish this thing to finally understand why everybody loves the story so damn much though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I mean third playthrough is pretty different, but judging by some of your complaints I don't know man. Sometimes a game isn't for someone.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I mean third playthrough is pretty different, but judging by some of your complaints I don't know man. Sometimes a game isn't for someone.

I know and I really want to get to it but man, so far I've been just really underwhelmed by the game. I will finish this game at some point and hopefully change my mind but
9s
just sucks. The last thing I did was finishing the amusement park and I was hoping that this'll be the turn-around for me because Alex praised the revelation at the end so much but....I dunno. It didn't do anything for me

Or... I'll play Prey before I finish Nier..

Don't stop playing because I don't like it. Maybe you will

Antiwhippy

Yeah that's a fairly big dividing point. It's pretty funny because watching new people talking about playing the game in the OT and you still see the divide of people really liking B and people not liking B. I'm in the camp of spending more time in B honestly.

justjim89

Let's not say things we can't take back now.

It's well established that I love Dishonored more than the average person. Hell, probably more than the average hardcore stealth fan. But even so, it's just the kind of game the duders don't seem to give enough time or attention to. Games that ask more of the player than it gives them. I'm honestly surprised they loved Hitman so much considering it also seemed so far above their skill and attention level.

Hjod

Banned
Don't stop playing because I don't like it. Maybe you will

I won't I was mostly just having a laugh since your post came directly after I said I was going to play through Nier ;).

I'm enjoying it so far, even though I'm just 2 hours in.

dan got his balls cut into

ewww

I once pinched my ball skin when I opened a wine bottle, it got caught between the table I was leaning against and the wine bottle. It took so much force to open the bottle so when I got the cork out I slammed the wine bottle down on the table. So don't lean on stuff when opening wine bottles.

Antiwhippy

It's well established that I love Dishonored more than the average person. Hell, probably more than the average hardcore stealth fan. But even so, it's just the kind of game the duders don't seem to give enough time or attention to. Games that ask more of the player than it gives them. I'm honestly surprised they loved Hitman so much considering it also seemed so far above their skill and attention level.

I mean Dan is the one playing and enjoying Prey atm so I'm not sure if you want to compare skill and attention level needed. >_> <_<

chogidogs

Good to know. Hopefully it goes on sale soon.

Tagyhag

You make it seem like Dishonored is hard, it's easy as hell. :p

Tagyhag

Depends on how you play it. Ghosting it isn't "hard" but it is challenging.

Honestly with how many powers you get, it's still relatively simple. Now something like the first Thief, that I understand.

While you can do goofy stuff in Dishonored, it's no surprise that the GB team took to Hitman more. There's more goofy stuff to do, more content, and it plays great on their videos. Which is ultimately one of the biggest things that they look for.

Giant Bomb |OT30| Butthole Scientist
Giant Bomb |OT30| A nickle has never smelled another nickle's ass
Giant Bomb |OT30| All you need to know about dogs balls & dogs assholes
Giant Bomb |OT30| I could write a book about piss stories
Giant Bomb |OT30| My lifestyle determines my death style

PAULcast is a goldmine as usual, shame we won't get anymore #PAULcontent since he's going back to Kansas. Played an hour or so of Route C in Nier as well and holy shit, it's fucking nuts. Really looking forward to seeing it all the way through.

Megasoum

Banned
Giant Bomb |OT29| Butthole Scientist
Giant Bomb |OT29| A nickle has never smelled another nickle's ass
Giant Bomb |OT29| All you need to know about dogs balls & dogs assholes
Giant Bomb |OT29| I could write a book about piss stories
Giant Bomb |OT29| My lifestyle determines my death style

PAULcast is a goldmine as usual, shame we won't get more since he's going back to Kansas. Played an hour or so of Route C in Nier as well and holy shit, it's fucking nuts. Really looking forward to seeing it all the way through.

They quoted Metallica in the podcast? lol

HEY GUYS

WAYPOINT HERE

WHAT IF I PUT CHIPS INTO YOUR SANDWICH

WHOOOOOOOA MAKE SURE TO LIKE SUBSCRIBE COMMENT AND CREATE CHIP.DOMAINS

~~~
Sorry, instinctive response.

Hows the Paulcast?

chogidogs

Listening the NY Ryckertcast, and I think one of the biggest perks working at Giant Bomb is having access to all the GB fans who probably has way more interesting things going on for them than videogames.

They quoted Metallica in the podcast? lol

Yes.
Good to see that you've
started nier automata.

Man, when "Developed by Platinum Games" popped up I couldn't breath. It's extremely well done and after going through route A & B it's very interesting just
how crazy and different this one is
I do have one question though,
when is all this happening exactly? I kind of assumed it will be answered at some point during this route.
Regardless though, I'm very excited.
Hows the Paulcast?

A ton of fun.
Though seriously, if you love prey you should listen to the waypoint cast.

It's like danielle found god.

I think what surprised me the most about Prey is the side characters have way more depth than what they lead you to believe. It's basically what made the side quests worthwhile besides the things you get that range from cool items to whole new endings.

Antiwhippy

Yes.

Man, when "Developed by Platinum Games" popped up I couldn't breath. It's extremely well done and after going through route A & B it's very interesting just
how crazy and different this one is
I do have one question though,
when is all this happening exactly? I kind of assumed it will be answered at some point during this route.
Regardless though, I'm very excited.

? Do you mean c specifically?

It all started after you defeated Adam and Eve and yorha uses that fact to initiate total war mode.

? Do you mean c specifically?

It all started after you defeated Adam and Eve and yorha uses that fact to initiate total war mode.

Yeah. Because the ending of route A/B ended with 9S's data being in a big ass machine. Route C starts with 9S in his regular body with 2B putting on Yorha helmet/armor which kind of confused me as to when this exactly happened. Though with the talk of a virus it made it clear that it's after obviously ending A/B just not when exactly.

Largo

I just got into Dan's delightful balls discussion myself. I....I guess I'm glad I have no ball-related stories of my own. I'll put it up there with never broken a bone or been stung by a bee. Balls.

When I first got my ball removed the falsie I got would find ways of kinda bruising the other ball. Was fun. It settled down after a couple months.

Protip: if you get a ball removed, just go uniball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom