• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
performance is all over the place right now even on high end stuff
there is an upcoming performance patch this week but who knows
early access

Xater

Watching Murder Island and Vinny clearly shot both of them and there were names above them. I was screaming at my TV at that moment wondering what the hell he was doing.

patapuf

I try Shogi and Mahjong every Yakuza game and always struggle on the easiest difficulty. None of those games have Go. I know Go.

As someone that's decent at chess, Shogi is really hard. The rules are just similar enough that your brain wants to apply the same strategies but you really can't. At all.

And I can't read Kanji, which makes keeping track of which piece is what annoying.

Does PUBG run well at all on crappy computers? I only have a 3 year old Toshiba with the inbuilt Intel graphics card, do I have any hope of running it?

No.

It performs better than one would think on bad hardware but you need a dedicated graphics card. And preferably run the game from an SSD.

Though with refunds you can just try and see if it works.

Man, I'm getting the mad itch for some Dota as of late.

I know the idea's been thrown around a bit, but Ben and Brad really should do a Daily Dota Duo feature.

Jintor

i am really enjoying the paulcast.

bianca is really cool by the sounds of things, i don't follow Dan's non-GB stuff too often but this was a nice surprise.

I really like that Paul initially sounds like a sensible person but very gradually reveals himself to be even more whack than Dan though possibly more self-aware about it

I just turned on the archive of Murder Island. The particular way that these guys are bad at this game is absurd. I love it.

When Dan encountered an "enemy" during the first run and shouted "There's a guy! There's a guy!" only for Vinny to say "Yeah, it's us." was a great bit of foreshadowing.

Hasney

Honestly, it's best it is a premium feature because if someone new watched any of the last few, they'd assume they were playing up being this bad for entertainment.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Bianca and Dan are absolutely those stories in infomercials.

I don't mean that as a bad way.

They are absolutely amazing together.the banter with her and Paul is just a good butt smell.

Maybe I should get this online dating thing?

I know dead air is bad and all, but they talk and deliberate waaaay too much.

"Here comes a guy! I'm gonna get him. I'm gonna get him. Here I go!" *enemy is no longer in an easily ambushable position, Dan runs right up to enemy, shoots, misses, gets killed*

I look forward to the Bianca-cast.

Alex' Twitter name reads "Afeh Iazzaggo". This bothers me way more than it should.

Fake cyrillic is the worst when you can read it. I always read it wrong the first time.

Camera pointed at one person playing and everythings from their viewpoint. It's the closest it can be to a Twitch stream without thanking subscribers.

It's not just that. Excluding the introductions and all that, it doesn't feel like they're putting on a show at all. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but after seeing so much of their content be stuff like Ranking of Fighters or Demo Derby (where there's an overarching gimmick or lots of riffing and banter), it's jarring to see them playing a video game so straight.

Daily Dota was probably similar, now that I think about it, but I'd only ever watch one of those shitheaps in a bizarre Clockwork Orange scenario.

Meneses

Oh sheeeeit Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen finally coming to the PS4/Xbone. If that comes out in the West this year, I have another top ten game sorted.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, the first 30 minutes of murder island is kind of why I'm not super into the feature.

It feels like the only time it gets interesting is when vinny is creating situations that's not just the normal routine.

Also there's no tension on whether they'll survive because as soon as they meet anyone else they're dead lol.

patapuf

Man, the first 30 minutes of murder island is kind of why I'm not super into the feature.

It feels like the only time it gets interesting is when vinny is creating situations that's not just the normal routine.

The game has moments where not much action happens, the buildup is important, but i understand how it would be boring for some.

They started dropping in more high risk zones like the Powerplant or georgopol later in the stream, those usually mean action from the get go. It also means most of them die immediately because they have trouble in firefights.

Antiwhippy

The game has moments where not much action happens, the buildup is important, but i understand how it would be boring for some.

They started dropping in more high risk zones like the Powerplant or georgopol later in the stream where there's action from the get go. It also means most of them die immediately because they have trouble in firefights.

Yeah that's what i edited in. Like, I'm not expecting them to be super pro esports but the buildup feels useless because they can't survive a single firefight haha.

ezgif-1-80831bfaeb.gif

ug2k9hw.png

https://twitter.com/BattleRoyaleMod/status/866950705818423297

FHIZ

I... Don't think beast in the east is very good

It's just taking forever as well. Do we know if they're still actively playing it or have a bunch of episodes in the can, because man... if they're still playing, I can't see how they'd be interested nearly six months later.

Wasn't it originally pitched as them playing all the games too?

I... Don't think beast in the east is very good

That's because Yakuza is boring.

llgo0uuu.gif

Siege is a game that, outside of your ability to shoot dudes in the face, is only focused on tactics.

PUBG has a huge RNG factor to it.

So, yeah. Go play Siege. It's cool.

Indeed. Siege has been the freshest MP FPS I have played in a while. I played it for like a few months back when it released, would love to play more of it now but too many games on my plate right now. Best thing about it is that they keep on updating and adding stuff to that game for free.

hamchan

I think alternating an episode of mainline and an episode of side stuff is the way to go for Beast in the East.

Or they just mainline the story every episode but that isn't Yakuza.

Antiwhippy

I'm enjoying BitE, but that's also mostly because I wanted to see 0 but didn't really feel like playing yakuza at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom