• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there cosmetic DLC that would allow them to stand out more? It would make it easier for enemies to see them, but maybe it would help with these blue on blue incidents.

Is there a gif of Vinny killing Alex and Dan yesterday?
gygwxVj.gif

Dineren

Banned
Penn is a libertarian who desperately wanted to vote for Gary Johnson, but grudgingly vote traded to vote Hillary. #TeamBen

Still entertaining though

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bought my first mechanical keyboard since the mid-90s. Excited to get off this 10 year old logitech membrane.

I like my mechanical keyboard, but I feel like people overrate it a lot.

Like, I don't think "eewwww membrane" when I have to use one at my work. It's just a fucking keyboard at the end of the day.

yami4ct

I like my mechanical keyboard, but I feel like people overrate it a lot.

Like, I don't think "eewwww membrane" when I have to use one at my work. It's just a fucking keyboard at the end of the day.

Like, my current keyboard isn't untypable, but just from the testing I was able to do in store on the board I'm getting it was already way more comfortable to me. The extra feedback of the noise is nice, and the keys just had a really nice bounceback that felt great.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What kind of keys are you getting? Mine are Cherry MX Clears.

It's definitely nicer though, but the thing I like most about mechboards are their customizability. Still glad to have bought mine.

yami4ct

I'm getting a razer which has proprietary switches, but I'm getting a refurb for a pretty good price. I guess the switches I'm getting are the equivalent of blues in cherries. I actually really liked the noise and click to them when I tested it. I know I vastly prefer tactile switches to linears. The linears I tested felt awful. I also wanted something comfortable to type on as I'll be using it to do a lot of typing as well as for gaming, so I needed to balance on that end.

What kind of keys are you getting? Mine are Cherry MX Clears.

It's definitely nicer though, but the thing I like most about mechboards are their customizability. Still glad to have bought mine.

I have Romer-G switches on the Logitech keyboard I'm using now and I really like those, also have a Cherry Blue and Cherry Red boards, both of which I also like. Will eventually get a Cherry Brown board when I get tired of the ones I have.

I'm getting a razer which has proprietary switches, but I'm getting a refurb for a pretty good price. I guess the switches I'm getting are the equivalent of blues in cherries. I actually really liked the noise and click to them when I tested it.

The Razer Green switches are good from the limited time I used them. Haven't tried the orange or yellow ones though.

Hindl

I have a Corsair mechanical that's done pretty well for me so far. Though my biggest plus with mechanical keyboards is being able to take off the keys to clean it. My keyboard was getting very grimy after 3 years of use and often eating over it. When I wanted to clean I could just rip off all the keys, clean the area underneath, and individually clean all the keys. Now it looks brand new

Messing with the display Romer-G boards, I determined I wanted anything but those. Really just hated them.

They took some getting used to but now that I've used them for a while they've grown on me, they're a lot softer and have a slight click when they bottom out, they kind of feel like Cherry Red's but with slightly more resistance.

yami4ct

I really want to get a 60% mechboard to mess around with. I think those are really cute looking.

I considered getting a TKL board, but I really like the numpad for coding or entering 2-factor codes or anything else that needs long numbers. You can get some really nice looking reduced boards are quite affordable prices.

The Razer Green switches are good from the limited time I used them. Haven't tried the orange or yellow ones though.

Yup. Greens are where I ended up. Just had a real nice snap to them. Super comfy for me

yami4ct

I got one of those boards with dumb per-key programmable RGB. You can even set different effects on them like pulsing a key when you hit it. It's so dumb and I love it. I wasn't going to get a RGB board, but going refurb brought it into my price range.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
The more I let this gif loop and watch how he didn't just ignore the bad guy, but deliberately walked AROUND him to finish off Alex, the more I'm on team #accidentallyonpurpose.

Nah, he was playing smart and trying to line up his shot since he only had 1 shell left.

I got one of those boards with dumb per-key programmable RGB. You can even set different effects on them like pulsing a key when you hit it. It's so dumb and I love it. I wasn't going to get a RGB board, but going refurb brought it into my price range.

I've got a matching Corsair RGB keyboard, RGB mouse and RGB mouse pad, they all sync up and it's the dumbest/coolest thing I've ever seen.

I have a mechanical keyboard (brown switches) but I still just end up using my laptop keyboard 90% of the time. I have to, like, remind myself that I have a way better keyboard sitting right there in my desk.

ryseing

C'mon Brad. The Fallen aren't space bugs. Unless he was referring to the Hive, but space Lovecraft seems like a more apt description for that faction.

Tagyhag

OH MY GOD THAT VINNY SEGMENT.

Like, not only the teamkilling, but not getting to Jeff on time and wildly shooting the shotgun.

My goodness this is amazing.

daveo42

Banned
VLC is still a quality audio and video player. I wouldn't put it past Jeff that he still uses Winamp for music at home, just for the novelty of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom