• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
That different setting could be an absolutely fascinating one for a big AAA game, mind.

I don't have any faith in Ubi to pull it off, but they'll have a hell of a thing if they make good on this premise, gameplay be damned.

Remember that Ghost Recon about domestic terrorism? Too bad it got canned.

I don't expect many gameplay differences from 3 or 4. Some differences here and there but nothing substantial.

Nero18

Remember that Ghost Recon about domestic terrorism? Too bad it got canned.

I don't expect many gameplay differences from 3 or 4. Some differences here and there but nothing substantial.

Are you referring to Rainbow Six Patriots?

A Far Cry game set in bumblefuck city USA where the bad guy is a crazy religisous nut job sounds good.

But then I remembered liking the pitch to Far Cry 3+4 and then that only ever turns out to be a fraction of the game and the rest is meaningless filler and the cool dudes in the trailers are barely in the game.

IMO Far Cry has mostly been a franchise of games that are ALMOST amazing but drop the ball at all the important shit that could really take them to that next level.

LiK

Every FC game seems to have some controversy. FC2 was killing black people as a white guy. FC3 was the white savior and the sex scene. FC4 was complaining about the villain being a white guy controlling Asians (which turned out untrue cuz he was actually Asian with dyed hair). Can't wait for the complaints about FC5.

yami4ct

Every FC game seems to have some controversy. FC2 was killing black people as a white guy. FC3 was the white savior and the sex scene. FC4 was complaining about the villain being a white guy controlling Asians (which turned out untrue cuz he was actually Asian with dyed hair). Can't wait for the complaints about FC5.

We're already getting the 'it's a bunch of white dudes on the cover' complaints coming out. Which, I get in a lot of cases, but here the villains appear to be a fundamentalist religious cult. Not the most inclusive group of people.

We're already getting the 'it's a bunch of white dudes on the cover' complaints coming out. Which, I get in a lot of cases, but here the villains appear to be a fundamentalist religious cult. Not the most inclusive group of people.

Someone get Noray on the phone, we can find something to be outraged about.

Curufinwe

Great to have Jeff back for this Bombcast. He's adding some much needed pep. I'm even finding this Destiny discussion somewhat interesting.

Is this gonna be the 10th year for Giant Bomb at E3? Wikipedia says the full site launched on July 20, 2008, so that would have been just after E3.

{edit} They were there. The first topic is FFXIII coming to the 360 and whether Jeff will play it just for the Achievements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kKc6ZMc9Ks

BearPawB

Banned
I don't get why they didn't change the track mania model years ago.

Why is this not an expansion? Why can't u have a server with lagoon/stadium/whatever tracks that rotate through as they come up?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't get why they didn't change the track mania model years ago.

Why is this not an expansion? Why can't u have a server with lagoon/stadium/whatever tracks that rotate through as they come up?

It's Ubisoft now, right? Trackmania seems perfect as a GaaS model

Lagoon:
today's peak 96

Stadium
today's peak 815

p1h9wgN.gif

Hasney

I think I'll see how much cdkeys.com have it for on PC nearer the time. If I can get that bad boy around 120-165fps, I'll be happy.

Nibel

Not 1 minute in this Unfinished Destiny 2 video and Brad is already in full fanboy mode

The GOTY awards will be amazing
KuGsj.gif

daveo42

Banned
I'm only interested in it if enough of my PSN friends buy it on day one. The first week of Destiny was awesome and I loved it.

I don't think any of my RL friends will be buying in this time around. PSN friends? Maybe a few of them. As much as I rag on Brad for his love of Destiny, it was fun to just go and mindlessly shoot stuff in the head over and over again.

Mr. F

Banned
Still getting used to him in quick looks but Jeff and Ben play off each other real well on the podcast. It's pretty refreshing.

Dany

Banned
Jeff showing off the menus and queue in Destiny 2 that looks exactly the same as Destiny 1 and Brad sounds like the most excited he's ever been for a game because the ships are a bit different.
I never realized brad was such a sheep for destiny stuff until watching that. I mean I played tons of the first game, the first couple dlc stuff but so much is the same haha.

I'm a couple Bombcasts behind, but man is it refreshing to hear a gaming podcast in San Francisco where the hosts are talking about owning Android phones. Never thought I would see the day.

I'm definitely getting Destiny 2 as my friends and cousins will be doing so as well. However, I'm not really expecting much of anything out of it. I'm hoping it surprises me.

I'm definitely getting Destiny 2 as my friends and cousins will be doing so as well. However, I'm not really expecting much of anything out of it. I'm hoping it surprises me.

A Halo level campaign combined with a slightly improved Crucible would be enough for me. Don't have much interest in the post-game time sink.

Is there still a "good" or user popular version of Trackmania out there? I always wanted to try it, but the way Jeff usually talks during these videos makes it sound like no one is online anymore.

Great to have Jeff back for this Bombcast. He's adding some much needed pep. I'm even finding this Destiny discussion somewhat interesting.

Is this gonna be the 10th year for Giant Bomb at E3? Wikipedia says the full site launched on July 20, 2008, so that would have been just after E3.

{edit} They were there. The first topic is FFXIII coming to the 360 and whether Jeff will play it just for the Achievements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kKc6ZMc9Ks

They all look so young!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom