• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fwiw persona 5 being disappointing isn't that crazy of a position to take. I've known long time fans being a little underwhelmed by it. My lack of an amazing passion for it is in a way a little disappointing for me too.

Fwiw persona 5 being disappointing isn't that crazy of a position to take. I've known long time fans being a little underwhelmed by it. My lack of an amazing passion for it is in a way a little disappointing for me too.

Totally, I am enjoying it but I am also playing it very slowly and nothing has blown me away the way p4 or p3 did. Its great but I wish the story/characters were better.

daveo42

Banned

I came away from it with the opposite feeling, but maybe I'm in the minority on how it compared to past persona. It does have it's flaws for sure, but it still ranks on top of the three Persona games I've played to completion. I still need to go back and play P2 at some point, so maybe my opinion will change after that.

Austin and Patrick playing PlunkBat

"Those Giant Bomb guys, they play with 4 people, it's very easy to, like, spread the blame."
"... Chat seems to think that when Giant Bomb plays you can almost universally blame it on Vinny, which seems about right."
"Oh yeah, that's right, Vinny is definitely -- I've watched them play, there's some blame that can go around for certain things... but Vinny killed them yesterday. He just shot them all."

Moaradin

I enjoyed it a lot, but it's still probably the most disappointing game this year for me. I enjoyed it because I like the Persona formula. It's like video game fast food for me, but when I think about the things that I love the most about Persona (the characters, story, music, themes, etc.) it falls flat for me.

Antiwhippy

That's not to say that there aren't people who love it, because plenty do, but i don't think brad is pulling out a boogeyman when he talks about persona 5 disappointment.

Tagyhag

"Those Giant Bomb guys, they play with 4 people, it's very easy to, like, spread the blame."
"... Chat seems to think that when Giant Bomb plays you can almost universally blame it on Vinny, which seems about right."
"Oh yeah, that's right, Vinny is definitely -- I've watched them play, there's some blame that can go around for certain things... but Vinny killed them yesterday. He just shot them all."

Damn.

As Jeff would say, "BRRRRRRRAT"

daveo42

Banned
Persona 5 is the first Persona game where I immediately wanted to start New Game+ upon beating it so it must be doing something right.

It's the only game in recent memory that wasn't an MMO where I poured over 250 hours into over a short amount of time (5wk) and still think about going back to it. There have been other really good games this year, but I've put them down when I've finished them.

That's not to say that there aren't people who love it, because plenty do, but i don't think brad is pulling out a boogeyman when he talks about persona 5 disappointment.

It's not intentional, but it lacks any sort of informed opinion on the game. It's hearsay. Dan's at least smart enough to flat out say Persona isn't a game for him and drop it at that.

Mr. F

Banned

Cold take;
Patrick is kind of annoying on streams

Antiwhippy

Hell, I'm not super in love with it and i want to replay it. Persona formula is like comfort food to me at this point.

Cold take;

Not the most skilled at Battlegrounds either

I bet Austin, Jeff, Alex, Dan would be a winning team if you could pull them all together.

There are lots of disappointing things about it but overall I haven't found it a disappointment. Much like the other games I enjoy the experience but also come away with a laundry list of very specific things that could be improved.

He really isn't. There's a significant group of fans who are disappointed with it.

For myself the more distance I put between the present and the time I played it, the less fondly I remember it. The lackluster last 1/3 of the game and the overwhelming feeling of relief when finishing the game is what sticks.

Jintor

Brad is extremely susceptible to exaggerating a general vibe when he doesn't have a lot of direct experience in the game in question

mr lurtle

I liked all the GB and Waypoint PUBG streams so far. Only thing that I can't stand is Austin's "Ma beautiful boy/son" talk. It got old really fast. Also while I like Ben he didn't really seem to care about the game. They should let play Rorie on stream some time. Skill wise he seemed the best of them so far to me after watching his solo stream. Certainly underrated.

Brad is extremely susceptible to exaggerating a general vibe when he doesn't have a lot of direct experience in the game in question

Is it really an exaggeration when it comes to P5 tho

Between the bad translation and the beyond archaic gameplay, Persona 5 fails to impress all around.

Jintor

Sure I'm disappointed it wasn't the best game ever made but it's still pretty damn good

I'd say the translation is more inconsistent than bad. Could have used another edit pass on some of that early dialogue.

Or they should have just buried 8-4 with the text because to date they haven't translated anything badly afaik

(Collusion!)

Ashby

Sure I'm disappointed it wasn't the best game ever made but it's still pretty damn good

I'd say the translation is more inconsistent than bad. Could have used another edit pass on some of that early dialogue.

Or they should have just buried 8-4 with the text because to date they haven't translated anything badly afaik

(Collusion!)
Speaking of which, SoV has been excellent.

xuchu

Cold take;

I dunno, I've enjoyed the few waypoint PUBG episodes I've caught. Although, the Skype lag between them makes it frustrating when Patrick doesn't respond to or seem to hear Austin. Want to say this was the case with their early podcasts too but they've rectified the lag issue a long time ago. Does get a bit annoying when Patrick yells MURDER 28 times before starting a match though.

Well,
tumblr_noy5v5Vk2R1slj24go1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom