• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

The best thing about Ben finishing P5 is that now Brad can stop checking to make sure he isn't really disappointed by it, like the unnamed disappointed people Brad has apparently heard from.

You'd be forgiven for thinking P5 isn't the best selling and highest rated game in the series based on how he talks about the way the game has been received.

Mr. F

Banned
The best thing about Ben finishing P5 is that now Brad can stop checking to make sure he isn't really disappointed by it, like the unnamed disappointed people Brad has apparently heard from.

You'd be forgiven for thinking P5 isn't the best selling and highest rated game in the series based on how he talks about the way the game has been received.

"I think I heard people didn't like XYZ" is a cornerstone of Brad's discussion of any game, good or bad

Dany

Banned

Also this. It really comes off that brad heard one perspective of the game and bases all discussion of persona 5 around it. It really places Ben to be more defensive of the game than he aught to be for enjoying it so much.

Harpuia

If you say the word Destiny you can hear a faint "the shooting feels good!" In the distance..

I think I may or may not give it a chance. I might be able to enjoy it more now that I don't have awful Internet. Seeing brad geek out over a rather middling but still fun game is odd but I have the same reaction to Pokemon games so to each their own!

Until Destiny 2 that is. Then we can hear them talk about how it's just "More Destiny"!

Persona literally boils down to "more persona". Destiny meanwhile broke records and became one of the biggest IPs gaming has ever seen. Because Destiny is actually good and creative.

Meanwhile Persona just reuses monster designs from older games over and over and over again.

Hasney

Persona literally boils down to "more persona". Destiny meanwhile broke records and became one of the biggest IPs gaming has ever seen. Because Destiny is actually good and creative.

Meanwhile Persona just reuses monster designs from older games over and over and over again.

Sales apparently make for interesting discussion when they mostly talk gameplay. Weird.

He also said Destiny 2, which looks like reheated leftovers. So I doubt we'll be talking about anything "good and creative".

On the plus side, at least we can all agree that it's good there's no-one on staff to do LoL talk.

Harpuia

dota talk > destiny talk > excrement talk > persona talk

Destiny talk on the bombcast is Brad talking about whatever repetitive game mode he's still playing and Jeff and co. just going "I don't know why I'm still playing it" and maybe some talk about item drops which is always fun!

Dota talk is more exciting but I wish they played more to talk a bit more indepth. I'm not looking for more strategy and hot takes on the meta but it's always fun seeing the others pick into Brad's brain and see what cool shit he's up to.

Persona talk would be good but no one else is really playing but Ben and Alex on either beastcast and conversation just revolves around points everyone can understand (basic rpg stuff) and them being all "Yeah story is good..." But never being able to talk about it.

I ain't saying Persona talk is some riveting shit (because it actually hasnt been due to no one really talking about it) but I would prefer their tepid interest in Persona over them (properly) shitting on Brad for playing Destiny, and hearing about how the next expansion made it a wee bit better.

Curufinwe

Ben was right about how cool Bullet Hail is (the kid confidant you get it from is kinda lame, though). Makoto's fanning animation with the revolver looks particularly good.

In general, the guns were a nice addition to the standard Persona combat.

daveo42

Banned
Ben talked about Persona 5 less than Jason has about God Eater.

Until Destiny 2 that is. Then we can hear them talk about how it's just "More Destiny"!

And it'll take up 30+mins per week for three months straight.
89HANHg.gif

That thread is amazing and ended the way it should have.

Destiny has easily been the biggest disappointment of this gen for me. Even with that I still played roughly 150-175ish hours (a lot due to friends but yea). Have zero interest in 2 because of it.

Catvoca

Banned
Looking forward to Brad answering all Destiny 2 criticisms with "Well that's just Destiny for you".

I was never bothered by all the Destiny talk on the Bombcast tbh.

Joeku

Destiny is a lot of things (more good than bad) but "creative" is really not one I'd have used. What in particular makes you say that?

Destiny is a lot of things (more good than bad) but "creative" is really not one I'd have used. What in particular makes you say that?

Raids for starters.
Not to mention the amount of platforming-for a shooter- that is present in all the activities for the game. At times it reminds me of old platformers from the N64/PS era, but its been masterfully put into the context of a 1st person shooter. And thats pretty damn creative. Not even Borderlands or say, Dying Light reach the levels of creativeness in Destinys own platforming.

My greatest joy in that game was derived from having to do tight jumps or think of creative solutions to getting to different parts of the game, at times even breaking the geometry and world with a few creative jumps.

daveo42

Banned

Brad alt account? :p

Destiny did well because people will follow Bungie anywhere and it had really great shooting. I played that game for 40 hours and remember nothing but how good the shooting felt. But that's all it had. It didn't even have decent level design in the majority of the game. Just shooting. That's not enough to make a game good for me.

Dineren

Banned
Despite its issues I had a lot of fun playing Destiny with friends so there is no way I'm passing up the sequel, even if it is just more of the same. I only wish characters were shared between platforms so I could play on PC when my PS4 friends are offline.

Dipper145

Super annoying for any persona talk to be so vague and nondescript, just spoil me up, people who are into the story and really want to not hear about it can just skip those parts.

Loving the new additions to the bomb crews.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Raids for starters.
Not to mention the amount of platforming-for a shooter- that is present in all the activities for the game. At times it reminds me of old platformers from the N64/PS era, but its been masterfully put into the context of a 1st person shooter. And thats pretty damn creative. Not even Borderlands or say, Dying Light reach the levels of creativeness in Destinys own platforming.

My greatest joy in that game was derived from having to do tight jumps or think of creative solutions to getting to different parts of the game, at times even breaking the geometry and world with a few creative jumps.

I actually can't tell if this is a parody post.

I have to wonder how they're going to shoehorn their pseudo-mystical drug trip missions into Far Cry 5. Get fucked up on country meth and start seeing visions of Andrew Jackson?

Raids for starters.

Speaking of being fucked up on country meth

daveo42

Banned
That was a given from the start because Brad will do whatever he can to talk Destiny 2 on the list and Ben nor Alex will give P5 enough of a push to get it on there. It's a known quantity at this point.

Teddified

Brad "hearing" that p5 was "disappointing" is just a preamble to ready GOTY talk. We know brad is a master tactician when Destiny is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom