• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Hasney

The most I've ever mentioned about Rick and Morty to someone is "It's real good, you should check it out". And it is, but man, I don't see why anyone is nutso about it.

He's busy reading
steam
reviews

That Titanfall comparison is so trash lol Titanfall shits on it from such heights as for as movement goes. You can build speed at any time unlike Lawbreakers where you to need rely on abilities/cooldowns so there are several moments where you have to walk. The Wraith character is the closest thing to Titanfall but the guy cant wall run, he just bounces off walls and even that is severely limited. The sliding helps, but that goes back to the abilities/cooldowns.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What I played of the Lawbreakers beta was pretty fun but good god they need to fire all their artists. It is the most painfully boring aesthetic I've seen in a game since Hunted: The Devil's Forge.

and shit like Blitzball lasts way too long. The UI is a mess too.

daveo42

Banned
I just did this morning
3QTtQRT.jpg

anymore info would be too much.

The exact response I got was: "They did it as a big joke right? That's not his actual wedding. No one would honestly do that."

Then came the brief explanation of the type of unique person Dan is. You can do it briefly, but choosing words that make it seem like Dan is a real, actual person is a feat.

Wuiji

That's called lying. You don't get to hide behind "we were out of our depth" when you're charging 60 bucks and you've got Sony behind you. I don't know or care if it's a result or malice or incompetence. But let's just call it what it is.

Come on man, NeoGAF and the gaming public in general have moral outrage amnesia when it comes to all things not called XBox.

robotrock

Banned
Told my Rick and Morty fan friend that I really didn't appreciate how the internet kept screaming about the chicken mcnugget sauce and he acted like he was personally offended.

BTA

More like Undertale.

I know this is totally just a joke about the fan reaction to them/their fandoms, but this comparison bothers me a bit, more than I'd expected.

Undertale is sincere and self-aware and like... kind?

Rick and Morty has great parts like I said, but is also kinda gross and more than a little edgy.

Rather, I don't think that's what everyone who's rabidly into Undertale sees in it at all but I understand them a lot more than I do the big Rick and Morty fans.

LiK

The most important thing is to ignore the fandom and enjoy the property on its own merits. Cuz every hardcore fandom for anything is awful if you actually look into it.

Catvoca

Banned
There's something about Dan Harmon shows that make the Internet go insane. Rick and Morty is cool, Community was good for a while, but the fan bases are trash.

is Rick 'n Morty a show for children or is it like Family Guy

It's dark and not made for kids but it also doesn't have a bunch of sex or swearing in it.

I really really like Rick and Morty but I almost never talk about it.

The intense fans are horrible and annoying.
The people super offended by the said fans are super annoying.

I just enjoy it in peace.

Edit OOPS double post my bad

BTA

The most important thing is to ignore the fandom and enjoy the property on its own merits. Cuz every hardcore fandom for anything is awful if you actually look into it.

I agree with this in general, but I also know a lot of people who find fanart/fanfiction/RPing super enjoyable and rewarding, and I feel weird dismissing that.

I think when fandoms become independent communities things tend to get a little weird though.

derFeef

Pretty much.
I find the complaining about the fanbase sometimes even more annoying too.

Phatmac

I know this is totally just a joke about the fan reaction to them/their fandoms, but this comparison bothers me a bit, more than I'd expected.

Undertale is sincere and self-aware and like... kind?

Rick and Morty has great parts like I said, but is also kinda gross and more than a little edgy.

Rather, I don't think that's what everyone who's rabidly into Undertale sees in it at all but I understand them a lot more than I do the big Rick and Morty fans.
I guess I was just comparing fan bases that try to push something to people like they HAVE to watch it or play it. It was tough for me to enjoy Undertale with sooooo many people talking about it when it came out. The game is great and you're right that it isn't similar to Rick and Morty.

LiK

I agree with this in general, but I also know a lot of people who find fanart/fanfiction/RPing super enjoyable and rewarding, and I feel weird dismissing that.

I think when fandoms become independent communities things tend to get a little weird though.

Oh, I know. Just gotta filter out those weirdos and enjoy the more sane fans out there.

Not wanting to watch rick and morty because of the fan base reminds me of when they refused to play Witcher 3 because people kept telling them to. You can easily enjoy something without interacting with it’s fanbase which is probably how the vast majority of Rick and morty viewers do it.

Teddified

Just don't have friends and don't talk to anyone and you can have the "pure" experience of stuff and don't have to worry about the fandom turning you off.

robotrock

Banned

Edit OOPS double post my bad
What about the people who are offended by the people who are offended about the fans

daveo42

Banned
I'm probably part of the problem, but the Undertale fanbase did sour my experience with the game. I'm sure it's enjoyable and fun and deserves what legitimate praise it gets, but being told that I just don't understand why it's literally the best thing since the creation of life itself is because I hadn't played it in the right order nor have I beaten it the required number of times to truly get it.

That Undertale thread still haunts me. It totally should, but it does. Rabid is too tame a word.

Top Bottom