• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

oti

Banned
I mean the guy that gave Colors a 4.5

the guy once called out by SEGA themselves as a troll

the guy who called people that didn't like the movement and physics in Sonic 4 "confirmed virgins"

Still not helpful. I don't care about Jim's PR stunts. He liked a game that tried to be like the older games which I didn't like. That's all I need to know, really.

I'll read some reviews later and maybe even try the game. I just want to understand how this could be any better than the old Sonic games. Is this game actually good or are people just dumbfounded Sega didn't find a new and exciting way to make Sonic even worse?

But I'm happy for all the fans. 🤗
More platformers is fine by me.

pizzacat

Banned
what are jokes? 🤔

1348764844816.png

Exquisite Corps has inspired me to play an Ironman game of XCOM: Enemy Within prior to XCOM 2: War of the Chosen's release.

The first battle? A 16GB download.
Doesnt someone here have that avatar?

It's from Danganronpa(?) I think, so it wouldn't be unusual for someone else to have it.

Scizzy

Sigh, I just remembered that Ryan was always talking about streaming an Ironman hard run of X-Com. Would have been amazing.

Film & 40s: Battle Royale
Abby, Alex, Dan, and Vinny return to the source of the Battle Royale craze to see if these high school students have any useful strategies for future Battlegrounds matches.
This podcast is an audio supplement, meant to be played simultaneously with the film Battle Royale. We are watching the theatrical cut of the film via the US Blu-ray release. Streaming and rental options can be found here.

Our commentary begins at the 43 second mark. It's the title screen right after the parental advisory warning that plays at the top.

imBask

Banned
uuugh they should've released this on friday like all the other Film & 40s, that's when i'm in the mood to drink and watch a movie

I saw Battle Royale about ten years ago and thought it was a bad film.

We'll see if my opinion remains the same after watching it a second time.

Stoze

Jim Sterling gave it a 95.
He likes the classics though, and in his video review he says it's really good provided you really like the Genesis games.

I've tried to like Sonic in its various forms and I just can't get into it. I played Sonic 1 and 2 for the first time this year, and they might be the only games I've played since January that I flat out didn't like (those and Darksiders). I appreciate them from a historical perspective and the aesthetic, but almost nothing about the design gels with me.

Maybe I'll try again in a few years with Mania.

pizzacat

Banned

Harpuia

Don't ruin content Monday, please.
Just go back to Discord for your shit drama.

Yeah this Discord/Thread drama is some real trite petty nonsense.

There's all this #content out now. Why not busy yourself with one of these fine offerings???

doesn't seem like there's any way for me to get access to the theatrical cut of Battle Royale. The definitely legal ones I can find are all the extended cut too.

BTA

doesn't seem like there's any way for me to get access to the theatrical cut of Battle Royale. The definitely legal ones I can find are all the extended cut too.

Is what's on Showtime not theatrical?

I was planning to do that since I needed it for FWWM + season 3 of Twin Peaks anyway
which is to say I'm mooching off my mom's cable subscription
so that's disappointing if so.

I'm not watching till Thursday or Friday in any case.

Top Bottom