• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Pretty sure the version I have of Battle Royale is theatrical. It should be 1 hour 51 minutes, right? Does that match to the commentary track?

Pretty sure the version I have of Battle Royale is theatrical. It should be 1 hour 51 minutes, right? Does that match to the commentary track?
Theatrical is 114 mins. Podcast is 155 mins.

Hmmm

Edit: The site might have the runtime wrong, disregard.
Edit 2: I'm not going to put this down, so enjoy my downfall going forward.

Theatrical is 114 mins. Podcast is 155 mins.

Hmmm

Edit: The site might have the runtime wrong, disregard.

Yeah I think you're getting your timecodes confused. I have a version of the movie that says it's theatrical and it's 1:51, the podcast file says 1:55, so that seems pretty close. Although the references online I can find to the theatrical version say it's 1:54...

Nothing makes sense!

Yeah I think you're getting your timecodes confused. I have a version of the movie that says it's theatrical and it's 1:51, the podcast file says 1:55, so that seems pretty close. Although the references online I can find to the theatrical version say it's 1:54...

Nothing makes sense!

Reading into it, I think the runtime is wrong on the shudder site. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE, GLASS SHARK.

Glass Shark, I can now confirm that the run time is 1 hr 53 mins.

We're in the clear.

SHUDDER HAS THE WRONG RUNTIME ON THEIR SITE, EVERYBODY.

GOD DAMMIT, THIS WHOLE SITUATION IS ANNOYING LOL.

JUST USE SHOWTIME IF YOU HAVE THAT ACCOUNT.

Edit: This is where I fucked up.

Zaph

Nothing makes sense!

The version you want is 1:53:51 with credits. If its shorter, it's probably fine (just without credits) because the other cuts are 2 hours long.

Press play on the film as soon as the podcast reaches 2m14s and it'll sync up nicely.

Oh FML, I just realized 113 mins is 1 hour and 53 mins...

arrested-developmen-george-michael-sad-walk.gif

Another classic gaffe from yours truly...

Next page pls.

Edit: I think I had a stroke.

Well at least the journey is over, how's everyone doing?

I got Agents of Mayhem to fire up once we hit midnight here on the East coast.

I'm probably gonna do Film & 40s tomorrow morning (day drinking ayyy)

I have the next two days off.

Tues: AoM, Bombcast (maybe I'll listen live), Film&40s Daydrinking edition
Weds: More AoM, Steal My Sunshine

I live a simple life.

Battle Royale ain't a horror show though.

It's almost a slapstick comedy in a couple of ways.

Well it's on a horror site called Shudder but maybe that's for the blood/gore factor. Anyways I'm cancelling my trial after I finish it lol.

BTA

Well at least the journey is over, how's everyone doing?

I got Agents of Mayhem to fire up once we hit midnight here on the East coast.

I'm probably gonna do Film & 40s tomorrow morning (day drinking ayyy)

I meant to finish a video game but instead I'm continuing down this dark path and reading The Secret History of Twin Peaks.

It's become both weird historical conspiracies and bizarre new details about characters when they were young to tie them into everything, which is to say I'm pretty into it.

I meant to finish a video game but instead I'm continuing down this dark path and reading The Secret History of Twin Peaks.

It's become both weird historical conspiracies and bizarre new details about characters when they were young to tie them into everything, which is to say I'm pretty into it.

faIJhwK.gif

It is a place both wonderful and strange.

Battle Royale is such a good movie, am glad people were team Mitsuko.

Alex should watch Battle Royal 2 just because the guy who plays Awano takes the teacher role.

Top Bottom