• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Macaca_mulatta_in_Guiyang.jpg

Relevant.

So for XCom episode 2, did Abby play off-screen before Alex had his chance? Or was that recap from the first episode and I just forget all of it already?

film and 40's harry potter

OH GOD THAT WILL WORK

That would certainly get me to watch the later ones that I never got around to.

I went through the Fast and the Furious franchise pretty quickly in the past few days listening to their commentary. Favorite moment was definitely in 5 when The Rock starts murdering people with his bare hands and the following happens on the commentary:

Vinny: Wait - Uh-Wha...
Austin: What? What's wrong?
Vinny: Oh, I'm sorry, I was confused, OK.
Austin: What's up?
Vinny: Nothing.
Austin: You good?
Vinny: I'm good now.

Lari

I don't know that I would necessarily call it a spoiler...

But then again, i'm not one that cares too much about hearing spoilers.

There's almost too much stuff to keep up.

Don't worry, PAX will make sure we get weeks of nothing but a mediocre recap of the week's bombcast in filmed infront of a live audience form, and some terrible questions from the audience, then weeks of " we have to put the office back together"

So was there a final consensus on whether the showtime/hulu one is the right Battle Royale? It says 2000 at the start, and other ones I tried said 2001

Phu

Banned
Finally a F&F for a film I have and it's the wrong version. :mad: With the rapid pace people die I can't even believe a shorter version of the film is out there.

So if I go through with the Shudder trial I should be good to go, yeah?

So was there a final consensus on whether the showtime/hulu one is the right Battle Royale? It says 2000 at the start, and other ones I tried said 2001

If the runtime is 1 hour 54 minutes, it is the same version that they are watching. If it is longer than that then it is the extended cut.

More or less agreed.

I will say I feel like 0 was significantly better about this (though not perfect) and Chaos;Head, which preceded Steins;Gate, was a lot worse.

I'm hoping that means they got better over time and Chaos;Child will be closer to 0 in that regard, but it's also a sequel to C;H so I'm not getting my hopes up even though it's apparently very good overall.

Glad to hear about 0. I wound up getting it during a sale a month or two back, so I'll give it a shot at some point after finishing this one. (Which will probably be pretty soon; even though there are aspects that really bug me, it's impossible to deny that it's quickly become a page-turner.)

Ahh jealous, that sounds awesome right now haha. What beer? Also what is AoM?
idk if you know of this one but this is what I drank.
I'm from the Midwest, so craft beer is king.

AoM is Agents of Mayhem, Volition's new IP that releases tonight/Tuesday morning.

Finally a F&F for a film I have and it's the wrong version. :mad: With the rapid pace people die I can't even believe a shorter version of the film is out there.

So if I go through with the Shudder trial I should be good to go, yeah?
I did the Shudder trial, cancelled after I watched it. Should work out well. They do need your card info but as long as I don't get charged, I had no issue using it.

AoM is Agents of Mayhem, Volition's new IP that releases tonight/Tuesday morning.

Also from the Midwest but haven't heard of that brewery before... Gonna have to check if we get it here, thanks! Definitely like IPA's (and most other craft beer haha)

Oh duh, for some reason I thought you meant some giant bomb series and I thought there was one I hasn't heard of! Hopefully that's fun, enjoy the days off!

I was attempting to play salmon run with some friends but my internet decided to die multiple times (apparently my area is in an outage, great) so now working on getting stars 119 and 120 in Mario galaxy 2! Really glad I decided to play this (was inspired by SMS to play the only mainline Mario I hadn't).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Glad to hear about 0. I wound up getting it during a sale a month or two back, so I'll give it a shot at some point after finishing this one. (Which will probably be pretty soon; even though there are aspects that really bug me, it's impossible to deny that it's quickly become a page-turner.)

0 is cool but it still ultimately felt... unneeded? Unless you're really invested into the series, then it's a pretty good romp.

If you're just in a general VN kick though, give house in fata morgana a look, I'm especially curious about this seeing how you responded with nier.

Phu

Banned

I did the Shudder trial, cancelled after I watched it. Should work out well. They do need your card info but as long as I don't get charged, I had no issue using it.

Thanks. Might see if I can find that drink as well. I'm not a drinker but I don't mind trying stuff out.

Lol, that's what you recognize him from?

Get some Sonatine in yo life son.

A seasoned mobster travels to Okinawa on a "peacekeeping" mission, even though he suspects that his boss is secretly trying to eliminate him! Determined not to go down with out a fight, he and his gang know exactly what they have to do!

Oooh.

OH MY GOD, THIS TRAILER IS AMAZING.

I went through the Fast and the Furious franchise pretty quickly in the past few days listening to their commentary. Favorite moment was definitely in 5 when The Rock starts murdering people with his bare hands and the following happens on the commentary:
It's really hard to beat the last 30 minutes of Fast and Furious Six, where Dan's mind is just constantly exploding like the sun rising on Crematoria.

Yeah, I first knew of Takeshi Kitano from Takeshi's Castle as well. Back in the 90's that shit used to air everyday at 8 or so am in the morning on our local TV station, it was huge. The entire thing was dubbed and commentated on in Arabic.

Which reminds me of Terence Hill & Bud Spencer. Totally unrelated but for some reason they were HUGE back in the day in my country as well as Europe(most notably Germany & Italy) than NA for some reason.
Oooh.

OH MY GOD, THIS TRAILER IS AMAZING.
Other recommendations. Hana-Bi, Violent Cop, The Outrage Trilogy(the third film is releasing in October), Brother.etc He has a ton of fantastic films.

BTA

I should stop reading for the night but I'm still largely into this Twin Peaks book. I just wish it was a lot less about
one of the old men from season 2 apparently being someone who investigated UFOs for the air force for some reason?? I wanna get back to the cheesy backstory/intriguing retconning already.

0 is cool but it still ultimately felt... unneeded? Unless you're really invested into the series, then it's a pretty good romp.

If you're just in a general VN kick though, give house in fata morgana a look, I'm especially curious about this seeing how you responded with nier.

I kinda loved 0, personally? It's not necessary to the original (though I have to imagine the remake of it will probably set up things like Maho existing more) and definitely has some flaws, but it's a good story in its own right, has come new characters (like, again, Maho) that fit in excellently, and lets you spend some time with the old characters in a story that actually uses them well rather than being something that's purely an epilogue or fan-disc like some other games would (and, uh, apparently like the other S;G games mostly did).

I should say Fata Morgana's far better but Fata Morgana is better than most things, and if you already own 0...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All these washed up podcast personalities have a patreon, where's my Broken Pixels patreon?

surely Mangod and Seanbaby aren't that busy

VN Todolist:

- Steins Gate 0
- Fata Morgana
- Playthrough of Ace Attorney
- What's the new one coming out this year that's in the Steins Gate extended universe?

King Arthur is a fun flick

It looked somewhat interesting. I liked Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes movies and this seemed to have a somewhat similar tone/style. I keep hearing of plans for a third one.

Speaking of Sherlock Holmes, it'll be pretty funny to see Robert Downey, Jr. and Benedict Cumberbatch share the screen in Avengers: Infinity War.

Top Bottom