• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

jambo

tom4SPK.gif

szlifier

Neo Member
As a sidenote... Amazing work on the site! I love it... Also I might be flooding your server when I start mashing on the Random Video link with my middle-mouse button when I want to watch an old quicklook lol.

Thanks and keep it up!

nice, thanks I use it a lot so I was a little stressed when it went all weird lol.

yeah, echoing all of this, you make gb useable

QLcrew is an invaluable tool that we can't live without.

I can't tell you how often I go to Giant Bomb and then go "wait shit" because I actually wanted QLCrew instead.

Thanks! Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Megasoum

Banned
They licensed the work of the "Best Of" dude, they should probably license qlcrew. Or hire szlifier to build a useable site.

Don't worry.... There's a site redesign coming soon that has been years in the making!!!!!

I give them the benefit of the doubt on the quality of said re-design but I'll believe it when I see it... The site has yet, in 10 years of existance, to have a good design... It's always been a mess.

It still bums me out how much of the bombcast is focused on Dota now. Does Giant Bomb has some huge Dota following or something that I'm not aware of?

Which feels like they've been talking about for months. Sorry if this sounds like complaining for complaining's sake but it's a real bummer as someone who doesn't play or care about Dota.

Just so you know why it feels that long, first qualifyings for it start in mid-June and the finals are mid-August. So that's at least two months of it coming up if you follow gaming things.

I would assume Brad mentioned it starting again, so that was probably late May, and they'll probably talk about it a week afterwards just in case Brad/Ben have stories about it, so you're probably invested in DOTAfacts for about 3-4 months total.

(Side note, when that card game comes out, expect more talk).

Megasoum

Banned
It still bums me out how much of the bombcast is focused on Dota now. Does Giant Bomb has some huge Dota following or something that I'm not aware of?

I was actually thinking earlier how much I much I was actually enjoying the DOTA2 talk this week... More interesting behind the scene stuff.

BTA

I sorta want to play Sonic Mania at this point (at a very slow pace probably) but I feel like I haven't played the early games in so long (and never got super far as a kid) that it might be lost on me? I dunno.

Maybe I should actually watch an LP of the originals first.

Mr. F

Banned
XCOM or XCOM 2? I have both but only played a few hours of each back when they came out. Exquisite Corps has me wanting to go back in but not sure which to choose. Is 2 a heads and shoulders complete improvement over Enemy Unknown (aside from the tech issues at launch)?

Teddified

XCOM or XCOM 2? I have both but only played a few hours of each back when they came out. Exquisite Corps has me wanting to go back in but not sure which to choose. Is 2 a heads and shoulders complete improvement over Enemy Unknown (aside from the tech issues at launch)?

Maybe wait on 2 till after the new DLC is out to see if it's worth adding to the game?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The most surprising thing about X-com to me after checking it again for Exquisite corps is that I've played 50 hours of X-com.

It's... not that long of a game is it?

Top Bottom