• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I mostly zone out of the Dota stuff as it's a terrible game that somehow latches onto some podcasters I listen to that otherwise don't have a competitive bone in their body. I can't really fault it since it was TI week, but I'm glad that's over.

The most surprising thing about X-com to me after checking it again for Exquisite corps is that I've played 50 hours of X-com.

It's... not that long of a game is it?

I clocked in around 30 hours but if you sit there trying to plan every move and spend alot of time on the base doing activities and other side missions, I could see the time getting up there.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Sonic 3&K is literally one of the first games I ever really played, my brother and I were super into it. I hold that game in special reverence, and so far Sonic Mania is fucking rad

XCOM or XCOM 2? I have both but only played a few hours of each back when they came out. Exquisite Corps has me wanting to go back in but not sure which to choose. Is 2 a heads and shoulders complete improvement over Enemy Unknown (aside from the tech issues at launch)?

I'm playing through Xcom 2 for the first time because of Exquisite Corps. So far, it's a lot more challenging and the gameplay is more varied than the first. If you're up to the challenge I'd say go with 2.

- J - D -

I know it hasn't been officially announced yet but I'm really (pleasantly) surprised by how fast the next Film & 40's is arriving. It makes me dream of a weekly F&40s series, but I know how impractical that would be. Also I wouldn't want them to feel pressured into drinking 40s every week.

Unless it's Mickey's because that's the only malt liquor I could consider drinking on a semi-regular basis.

Mr. F

Banned
Sweet, Xcom 2 it is. Looking forward to getting back to it (although the base being underground in Enemy Unknown is objectively cooler).

Tagyhag

XCOM or XCOM 2? I have both but only played a few hours of each back when they came out. Exquisite Corps has me wanting to go back in but not sure which to choose. Is 2 a heads and shoulders complete improvement over Enemy Unknown (aside from the tech issues at launch)?

XCOM Long War > XCOM 2 > XCOM

Long War 2 still isn't complete.

0 is cool but it still ultimately felt... unneeded? Unless you're really invested into the series, then it's a pretty good romp.
If you're just in a general VN kick though, give house in fata morgana a look, I'm especially curious about this seeing how you responded with nier.
I kinda loved 0, personally? It's not necessary to the original (though I have to imagine the remake of it will probably set up things like Maho existing more) and definitely has some flaws, but it's a good story in its own right, has come new characters (like, again, Maho) that fit in excellently, and lets you spend some time with the old characters in a story that actually uses them well rather than being something that's purely an epilogue or fan-disc like some other games would (and, uh, apparently like the other S;G games mostly did).
I should say Fata Morgana's far better but Fata Morgana is better than most things, and if you already own 0...
I'm just about done with S;G. I'll need to look a bit more into 0 to see what kind of thing it is exactly. I'd normally be put off by the idea of an "If" game for something like this, but there are quite a few threads that I would have loved to see pulled a bit further (Suzuha more than anything else).

Fata Morgana is definitely pretty high up on my list. My birthday is coming up and I have a friend who usually goes off my Steam wishlist so I've strategically placed it at the top lol.

Nerokis

Sonic 3&K is literally one of the first games I ever really played, my brother and I were super into it. I hold that game in special reverence, and so far Sonic Mania is fucking rad

Heh, same here. Arriving from Colombia to the United States and playing Sonic on my uncle's Genesis is my earliest gaming memory.

Probably going to hold off on Sonic Mania, though. Been playing through the Mega Man Legacy Collection, and now that MM6 is almost finished, I'm feeling conflicted between moving straight to Legacy Collection 2 and playing Nier Automata. Even after all the positive word of mouth, I don't feel like I'm in a position to add a Sonic game to my backlog. :p

BTA

I'm just about done with S;G. I'll need to look a bit more into 0 to see what kind of thing it is exactly. I'd normally be put off by the idea of an "If" game for something like this, but there are quite a few threads that I would have loved to see pulled a bit further (Suzuha more than anything else).

Fata Morgana is definitely pretty high up on my list. My birthday is coming up and I have a friend who usually goes off my Steam wishlist so I've strategically placed it at the top lol.

Suzuha is a majorly important character in 0; she even gets POV status at times (as do 2 new characters).

This is extremely late game, enough that you should probably not read it before fully finishing the game's true ending, but the "if" here is
what if, upon seeing Kurisu die in his arms, Okabe was so traumatized that he gave up halfway through getting the true ending and didn't save her
and it works pretty well.

Have you seen the really fucked up character with the knife yet? That part creeped me out so hard.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Suzuha is a majorly important character in 0; she even gets POV status at times (as do 2 new characters).

This is extremely late game, enough that you should probably not read it before fully finishing the game's true ending, but the "if" here is
what if, upon seeing Kurisu die in his arms, Okabe was so traumatized that he gave up halfway through getting the true ending and didn't save her
and it works pretty well.

I mean it's not a what if at all, it actually happened and needed to happen. :p

HTwPSrt_d.jpg

I'm mowing through Agents of Mayhem.

Mission total spoiler:
40/57 already.

12 agents, you start with 3. You unlock the other 9 (this is excluding the Johnny Gat preorder in my case).

Each agents you unlock starts with an investigation and then you do a tutorial mission with each agent you unlock as well. All 12 agents have a personal mission too. And then after all the Agents are together,
You unlock 4 group based missions based on each team, Franchise Force, Carnage A Tois, Bombshells, and Firing Squad.

There are
Lieutenants. Each Lieutenant arc has
missions.

So yeah...

Good thing I have two others games still this month lol.

Nerokis

I want to note that I was just accused of being an alt account by someone with a Sonic avatar.

I feel like I understand the Jeffs of the world so much better now.

oti

Banned
Sonic is just 10 Euros on the Russian eShop.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Majine

Banned
I feel like the Jeff Comcast segment of this weeks Bombcast is a sequel to the one he did 2-3 (?) years ago.

I enjoy listening to him talk about everyday stuff, he's such a good storyteller.

Jintor

The ability they're talking about in splatoon that kicks in when understaffed actually kicks in when people on your team are dead, not (just) if they d/c

Top Bottom