• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
its amazing the lengths people will go to to try to justify harley is a 'good person'

and the worst part is that several of those people are paid comic book writers

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
its amazing the lengths people will go to to try to justify harley is a 'good person'

Harley is actually a spider who sensed that she had guide Batman through Gotham City, but she was misunderstood as this terrifying human girl who works under Joker.

I feel like Harley fans are the exact same people who would like the Bruce timm stuff.

It's super crazy that the guy who realized Batman's greatest super power is empathy now fills his Batman stories with weirdo sex criminals.

Edit: I confused Bruce Timm with Paul Dini because I am an idiot. Still, you would think he would have learned something.

BTA

I knew it was coming from the thread but I cannot believe the latest SmS.
Just, Dan getting the red one. He really should have bought Abby's argument though because there's no way she'd resist betting with him; Alex isn't gonna be nearly as lose.

At least, as of that moment.

Should probably stop and sleep shortly but woooow.

I mean she was basically brainwashed by the joker and is in an incredibly abusive relationship with him. Kinda feel like she gets somewhat of a pass.

BTA

I need to sleep already and save some of this for the morning but I'd forgotten about some of these hidden plaza areas, huh.

This Waypoint Presents show is great, watching it right now. So wild to see Austin on something like this.

Someone mentioned "fisting" on this episide and this show is on Disney XD. I'm kind of amazed by that.

Dany

Banned
I can't seem to watch any giant bomb content right now? the ps4 browser and my laptop keeps saying "loading video" for any content.

I watched the last two Steal My Sunshines back to back and I kinda want to play the game myself to see if it's really as bad as they're making it look.

Zocano

I watched the last two Steal My Sunshines back to back and I kinda want to play the game myself to see if it's really as bad as they're making it look.

It's not. The controls can be a biiiit clunky (mostly when "grabbing" things like the chain chomp tails).

reasoning: playing through it as I type this and it's really not that bad. There's a couple frustrating bits but it's still very fun to me
and preferable to Mario Galaxy

oti

Banned
I might be on the verge to start disliking Splatoon 2 :-/

giphy.gif

kiguel182

Watching Steal My Sunshine and seeing how much of it is looking for stuff totally killed my interest for Odissey.

Maybe it will go back after it releases but right now I'm just not looking forward to that type of platform we at all.

oti

Banned
I just suck so bad at it... haha.
Git gud.
Did you hit a wall? Maybe play the story mode again and try to get through the levels as fast as possible. That will help your aim and movement.
Watching Steal My Sunshine and seeing how much of it is looking for stuff totally killed my interest for Odissey.

Maybe it will go back after it releases but right now I'm just not looking forward to that type of platform we at all.
What if... what if Odyssey is better than Sunshine? That's a realistic assumption I'd say.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Splatoon might be the most exciting looking and sounding game I've ever played but also probably the most boring MP game I've ever played. That's why I don't even bother with Splatoon 2 (except for the soundtrack)

Alright. Good, I need you to read all my Trump tweets.

I replied to one guy on Twitter once about Trump and was instantly reminded why I don't tweet a lot. Because for the next 3 days my phone was constantly annoying me because people replied to that thread. Especially since @ing somebody doesn't use characters anymore nobody bothers to remove people who haven't been involved in a ""discussion"" at all.

kiguel182

Git gud.
Did you hit a wall? Maybe play the story mode again and try to get through the levels as fast as possible. That will help your aim and movement.

What if... what if Odyssey is better than Sunshine? That's a realistic assumption I'd say.

I think it will be. But do I want to play one of these? I'm not so sure now.

oti

Banned
I think it will be. But do I want to play one of these? I'm not so sure now.

Maybe the mere fact that getting a moon on Odyssey doesn't reset the sandbox ans you have to get back into the level first will make it more smooth than Sunshine ever was.

I'm just hoping for good platforming challenges and not too much sandbox filler.

I want Galaxy 3 is what I'm saying.

kiguel182

Maybe the mere fact that getting a moon on Odyssey doesn't reset the sandbox ans you have to get back into the level first will make it more smooth than Sunshine ever was.

I'm just hoping for good platforming challenges and not too much sandbox filler.

I want Galaxy 3 is what I'm saying.

I'm totally with you. But Nintendo saying this is in the same vein as Sunshine put me a little concerned. We will see when it releases.

Meguro

Banned
People seem to forget that Sunshine isn't the only Mario game in that style.
Mario 64 exists and is a much superior game to Sunshine so let us hope Odyssey follows that instead.

oti

Banned
I'm totally with you. But Nintendo saying this is in the same vein as Sunshine put me a little concerned. We will see when it releases.
I interpret this as Nintendo saying "fine, you people who wanted a stupid sandbox like in Mario 64 here you go, now stop complaining". Could be a trend within the company to stop handholding players so much too, since Zelda Breath of the Wild is also way more "hardcore" in that regard compared to older games.

I sure hope they know how awful Sunshine is at spots though and how to avoid that for Odyssey.

kiguel182

If Sunshine was just these special levels this feature would be perfect.

People seem to forget that Sunshine isn't the only Mario game in that style.
Mario 64 exists and is a much superior game to Sunshine so let us hope Odyssey follows that instead.

I played Mario 64 when I was like 14 or something on the DS and totally loved it. But I was young so who knows.

derFeef

I am always comparing new online games to some of the most fun I had years back with other online games. I want a non-frustrating experience even if I or my team does poorly. Splatoon 2 is not giving me that, sadly. I really like everything about it, but playing multiplayer is the exact opposit of fun currently. Also fuck me is Salmon Rune still not open 24 hours? I have not touched it besides the tutorial.

I just need....more
A 5 minute match with random people and basically no teamwork isn't doing anything for me anymore. It felt meaningless to win cause it always felt random to me.

That as well.

Top Bottom