• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

oti

Banned
Every GB feature needs betting now.

I think doing this concept with another Mario game would definetly be awesome. No reason to limit this to just Sunshine.

They could also play community-made levels in Super Mario Maker. No bad camera or motion controls to fight with there. Just some fun Mario Maker nonsense. That would be great.

kiguel182

I really like Splatoon but it's a notch below Overwatch for me. The games being super quick is good for short play but at the same time I don't know, it lacks the investment that Overwatch has and the variety of situations you can have.

I still really like it but I only play it in small bursts.

They could also play community-made levels in Super Mario Maker. No bad camera or motion controls to fight with there. Just some fun Mario Maker nonsense. That would be great.

Doesn't Mario Maker has like a 100 level challenge or something? Maybe they could do that with gumballs and betting.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

That works as long as there is a "no puzzle level" rule.
Those are the fucking worst.

oti

Banned
I really like Splatoon but it's a notch below Overwatch for me. The games being super quick is good for short play but at the same time I don't know, it lacks the investment that Overwatch has and the variety of situations you can have.

I still really like it but I only play it in small bursts.

Doesn't Mario Maker has like a 100 level challenge or something? Maybe they could do that with gumballs and betting.
I see what you're saying with Splatoon and Overwatch. Splatoon is fun and all but for Overwatch I went as far as looking up YouTube videos how to play certain characters. Splatoon lacks that level of depth.

The 100 Mario challenge is a bit hit-and-miss if I remember correctly. Some levels are really short just to show off some mechanics. Would be a bit unbalanced.
That works as long as there is a "no puzzle level" rule.
Those are the fucking worst.
THE WORST

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are people here playing ranked splatoon btw?

Because the teamwork and variety of situations are in there.

I wish I could play more splatoon 2, but...

It's just not to the caliber of DJ Max respect.

And I only got so much time for games.

oti

Banned
Are people here playing ranked splatoon btw?

Because the teamwork and variety of situations are in there.

I wish I could play more splatoon 2, but...

It's just not to the caliber of DJ Max respect.

And I only got so much time for games.

I only really love Splatzones to be honest. Rainmaker is atrocious, even on A.

Antiwhippy

Rainmaker is the most hit or miss, but I had some pretty incredible back and forth games with it.

I still love tower the most.

Honestly turf war is a little boring because it encourages spreading out and doesn't really give you a chance for more team situations.

Antiwhippy

Like honestly it is kind of dumb that if you don't want to play rank you only get one mode.

Dumb decisions like that won't keep it out of my top 10 though.

But for other top 10s...

Antiwhippy

I wonder if the dan + abby alliance can save splat2n.

Alex seems pretty receptive to the bad design decisions despite loving the game and while Jeff seems to like it it's not a strong enough love for him to fight for it.

Then we have dark Vinny...

derFeef

Alex seems pretty receptive to the bad design decisions despite loving the game and while Jeff seems to like it it's not a strong enough love for him to fight for it.

I am behind beastcast schedule so Vinny really does not like it? I need to listen to that.
I am enjoying ARMS a lot more actually, lol. It's quick, fun and while also highly frustrating, I can get out of it quickly enough and still feel good.

oti

Banned

Seriously though, how can a person dislike Splatoon so much? Is he an Octoling or what?

Jintor

I just need....more
A 5 minute match with random people and basically no teamwork isn't doing anything for me anymore. It felt meaningless to win cause it always felt random to me.

dunno man

the beauty of splatoon for me is that the teamwork flows naturally as a consequence of the way you play and see the game

of course it would probably be better if i had a regular squad or something maybe

hamchan

Only Vinny dislikes Splatoon.

There's one more person on staff with Abby that loves Splatoon and has it near GOTY. Dan and Alex like it a lot. Jeff seems to like it.

Brad, Jason and Ben seem neutral on it or expressed no opinion.

I dunno, seeems pretty set for a top 10.

There's one more person on staff with Abby that loves Splatoon and has it near GOTY. Dan and Alex like it a lot. Jeff seems to like it.

Not a chance in hell. This is a year where theres far too many games thay have come out. By all means Sonic Mania has a better chance of making top 10. It already crushed fla2oon in metacritic.

oti

Banned

Brad will murder Splatoon 2 in a heartbeat if that means Destiny 2 makes the list.

Jintor

splatoon's problem is probably ultimately that it's too much like splat 1 (nevermind that like only alex and dan played splat 1)

alex, the game's biggest defender on staff, will probably knife it himself

oti

Banned
The problem for splat2n for goty is that there are too many buts to a great experience.

If Destiny made the Top 10, so can Splatoon 2. Despite some nonsense restrictions. The three minutes a match takes are still Top 10 three minutes of the year.

faridmon

On the Bombcast, the League of legends talk was painful. now I now how people feel when they talk about a franchise/game they like with no research or even knowledge.

For one, Champions do have Ultimates and their Cooldowns are quite long, normally 2-4 mins so every team Fights doesn't involve spamming abilities. there is a heavy emphasis on poking elements in laning phase, but during TFs, you really need to focus your dmg out to the most squishy and dmg heavy opponents so using abilities for anyone will not net you anything

Also, I rolled my eyes hard when they said that League is quite simple game. DOTA have its complex mechanics, but League also has its own strategies thats not found in DOTA. Meta is really important in league where the lanes structure, playstyle, champions-elect is way more important. and Meta changes frequently so keeping up with newest freshest strategies is important if you wanna be good at the game.

Meguro

Banned
As someone who played both, yes Dota is more complex but League is by no means simple or easy.
Also MOBA elitism is the absolute worst.

derFeef

What if Destiny 2 is actually a decent game and they genuinely like it so it makes the top 10?

Whoaaaaa!!!!

image.php

I was kinda kidding. It can be, for sure. But it seems sooo half-arsed.

oti

Banned
Where does it show up in the app? I can't find where it says if it's active.

The main page. If it's active, it's there. If not, it's not active. It doesn't show the same timetable as the game itself though, for some bizarre reason.

faridmon

Also the guy who Emailed Ben to stop with the accents can go Eff himself

I find Bens Accents really really funny. Its PROPER DUMB, but funny

Catvoca

Banned
The main page. If it's active, it's there. If not, it's not active. It doesn't show the same timetable as the game itself though, for some bizarre reason.

Oh, I guess it's just not active right now, thanks. It looks like it doesn't show what weapons are used during Salmon Run either. This is dumb.

Antiwhippy

Ben's accent makes me want to crawl into my skin.

It's not his fault though, at least he only does it when prompted.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
i could have sworn the thumbnail and summary were different for the latest SMS this morning

Top Bottom