• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Hindl

I thought Uncharted 2 was awesome at the time, but then when Uncharted 3 came around I realized I had my fill

I played Uncharted 2 for the first time earlier this year and that's the only one I played so far. I thought it was pretty good, looked gorgeous, and had some really good setpieces, but a lot of pretty boring fights. Especially the blue guys. But I can see why it got such high praise when it came out

I thought Uncharted 2 was awesome at the time, but then when Uncharted 3 came around I realized I had my fill

Yea I could see that, I think that was my problem (coming to the game way later), it wasn't anything new/special like I imagine it was at the time? Not trying to say they are bad by any means, just seemed like any other third person shooter haha. Had good setpieces but man the shooting got so old

Ashby

Just saw a poster by the name of "Giantbombgamer" in another thread with Dr. Tracksuit as an avatar but I've never seen them post here (???)

Alright. So.

I don't know if I can whole-heartedly recommend a 25-30ish hour game to most people when I thought nearly the entire first half was kind of bad, but I just finished Steins;Gate, and yeah,

eu-esperando-resultado-lotofacil.gif

that was fucking awesome.

daveo42

Banned
Uncharted 2 was great, but all four games are relatively the same when it comes to gameplay. Playing the Uncharted Collection and UC4 in close proximity to each other does highlight their sameyness. I think they are all a bit too long as well, even if I enjoyed all of them. Including the Vita game.

#TeamFlight

Invisibility is for anime jerks

Invisibility is for pervs. So I agree with your assessment.

Alright. So.

I don't know if I can whole-heartedly recommend a 25-30ish hour game to most people when I thought nearly the entire first half was kind of bad, but I just finished Steins;Gate, and yeah,

Glad the second half redeemed it for you. You get all the side endings or just mainline it to the true end?

Flight would be the best, basically being able to go anywhere at any time. Can't beat that :D. Have they said when this splatfest is going to be?

Alright. So.

I don't know about the game(I have it but I never really finished it, maybe I will someday) but the anime is the same in that you have to watch the first 7 episodes for it to get real fucking good all the way to the end. Yet even upon reflecting on the series, without those first 7 episodes, you wouldn't really become attached to the characters when shit hits the fan.

BTA

why was the first half bad

Steins;Gate has a really slow opening third to half, mostly to establish a strong sense of normalcy (but even then it could stand to be paced better); part of the normalcy it's establishing is also intentionally very anime tropey.

I was coming off of playing Chaos;Head a few months before, and every member of the cast (particularly protagonist-wise) as well as the pacing were such a significant improvement that it didn't bother me at all. But if you're going in cold, and (reasonably) aren't up for a ton of tropey stuff right off the bat, I could see it being reaaaaaally offputting.

LiK

Alright. So.

Welcome to the club, brutha. Welcome.

EL PSY KONGROO

I don't know about the game(I have it but I never really finished it, maybe I will someday) but the anime is the same in that you have to watch the first 7 episodes for it to get real fucking good all the way to the end. Yet even upon reflecting on the series, without those first 7 episodes, you wouldn't really become attached to the characters when shit hits the fan.

The anime is like a watered down/abridged version of the game. Missing way too many good scenes. It also doesn't even have the alt story branches/endings that add so much more impact to the true ending.

daveo42

Banned
why was the first half bad

The game takes place in Akihabara in 2010, a den for anime and otaku culture. As such, it makes sense that most of the cast are some form of otaku and is a part of their identity. As such, they hit some of that otaku stuff real hard and it can be a bit much if you aren't expecting it. I can deal with some of it, but there are definitely some eye-roll moments where it just becomes too much.

Okabe can also be a bit rough due to his character in the first half.

I'm not trying to scare anyone off, it is worth experiencing in either the anime or VN form, but you should be aware of what you are getting into.

kingocfs

This PewDiePie video is awful.

"Idk how I got grouped in with these Nazi loving white supremecists, I'm just making jokes on the internet."

While uncharted is cool i could see that been weary on people if they had to go through the entire series in quick succession.

Its been a while since i have played those games (haven't played 3 or 4 yet) so its shouldn't be as daunting.

killroy87

Nidhogg 2 looks incredible. To think there was a brief period where people didn't like the new art style.

This game is a definite contender for Best Styyyyyle.

Nidhogg 2 looks incredible. To think there was a brief period where people didn't like the new art style.

This game is a definite contender for Best Styyyyyle.

It took me a lonnnng time to warm up to it. I still think some of the backgrounds are a bit too noisy in conjunction w/ some of the foreground gameplay but seeing a lot of it in action I can dig it.

Invisibility doesn't even matter when you're still making noise.

Yeah, but who's gonna go "I heard a noise. Must be an invisible person!" Like I need context here. Do people know that invisible people exist? Cause if they do, the invisible person will be at the center of every conspiracy ever.

derFeef

How can Vinny not like water melons. Didn't he have a good water melon before? Also difficult to say since so much food in America is just not even half as good as it should be. (right? lol).

Also I want to fly.

oti

Banned
How can Vinny not like water melons. Didn't he have a good water melon before? Also difficult to say since so much food in America is just not even half as good as it should be. (right? lol).

Also I want to fly.

Add them to the list of great things Vinny despises because he's *google translates devil into Italian* diavolo.

Also I want to fly.

Water melons are not very good. And I would say that even were I not allergic to them.

imBask

Banned
the ruleset is too vague

can I fly whenever I want? at what speed?

can I get invisible on command? do I make noise? am I visible to heat thingy?

- J - D -

I need a recent-ish Metroidvania-like game. I randomly started playing Rogue Legacy (one of my favorites) recently and now I need more.

Recommendations?

Kinda sad that it looks like the community multiplayer stream/return of TNT was a fluke. I really wish they kept it going with something different every time

Top Bottom