• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Hindl

How can Vinny not like water melons. Didn't he have a good water melon before? Also difficult to say since so much food in America is just not even half as good as it should be. (right? lol).

Also I want to fly.
Just because lots of America has terrible food doesn't mean there isn't also excellent food. The top restaurants in America easily compete with what France, Italy, and Japan has.
I need a recent-ish Metroidvania-like game. I randomly started playing Rogue Legacy (one of my favorites) recently and now I need more.

Recommendations?
Dead Cells if you don't mind it being a rogue-like too (I was done with the genre but this is really good), or Hollow Knight if you want a pure experience
Watermelons are great
Pineapples are great
Mangos are great

- J - D -

Kinda sad that it looks like the community multiplayer stream/return of TNT was a fluke. I really wish they kept it going with something different every time

Yeah so far we've had that Friday the 13th game and PUBG. I hope they continue with different titles each time because I really do not need another PUBG video series.

pronk420

I wish they would give LoL a chance, it’s objectively better than Dota 2.

I feel like a newcomer could actually get into LoL quite easily even now, whereas I just tried playing Dota today and got destroyed playing co-op against easy bots, and learnt almost nothing. It doesn’t even tutorial you on how to do basic stuff you need to know like use the courier or buy items for teammates. Like I don’t even know which buttons I need to be pressing on the UI.

Edit: is video broken for anyone else on the site? The pages load ok but the video player never loads. I can still watch them by downloading though.

- J - D -

Dead Cells if you don't mind it being a rogue-like too (I was done with the genre but this is really good), or Hollow Knight if you want a pure experience

I looked up Dead Cells and it's described as a Souls-lite Metroidvania. That's up my alley. Thanks.

why was the first half bad
In addition to the turbo-otaku stuff that daveo42 mentioned (I just don't think I'm necessarily the target audience), the glacial pacing came close to making me drop it due to boredom (which I actually already did once; I played up to chapter 4 a year ago). I'm on board with the idea of spending time in the characters' normal lives to properly set up what comes later, but I thought the execution was bungled. I also just kind of, like, hated all the characters; they intentionally withhold a lot of character development for the back half.

Glad the second half redeemed it for you. You get all the side endings or just mainline it to the true end?
Got all the side endings along the way, did an hour or two of trophy cleanup and capped it off with the
Kurisu
and true endings, which had me wanting to run around and high five everyone in sight. I can't believe they nailed the ending so well.

It's obviously best if you can love something all the way through, but it's really a special kind of feeling when you gradually fall for something that didn't click with you at first.

BTA

New surprise Mike Bithell game is cool, but it also means I have one more game to add to my list 😩

I liked TWA and was super into Volume so I'm interested, but I've got so much to play this week as is (I thought I'd play Tacoma the night after it came out...); guess I'll get to this next week since it was so sudden.

imBask

Banned
I wish they would give LoL a chance, it’s objectively better than Dota 2.

easier to get into doesn't mean objectively better

the depth of Dota is inifitely beter than LoL, and the way the game is balanced and managed is also better in Dota. Riot enforcing meta roles is really bad

source : I fucking hate both

Hindl

I really want to try Taco Bell. It can't be THAT bad, can it?
Taco Bell is great in the way that all shitty food is great. If you're the type of person that can't eat fast food in general, you'll hate it. If you don't mind the occasional McDonald's or Popeye's or whatever, it's pretty good and very cheap. I'm never going to take Taco Bell over an actual restaurant, but it's good for what it is

Although I kinda feel like eating Taco Bell after never eating it is like eating meat for the first time after being vegetarian for years. Your body won't be able to handle it and it'll reject it

Kinda sad that it looks like the community multiplayer stream/return of TNT was a fluke. I really wish they kept it going with something different every time

What makes you say that? They just had a stream last week. Definitely isn't a weekly feature like TNT but I don't think its going away??

S85Zlg6.png

daveo42

Banned
Michelin stars lose their meaning when you realize that at a certain point it's less about the food and more about the presentation. The top restaurant in the world serves dirt tea and sheets of solid sugar water to customers for $1300 a pop.

Edit: Pete, I'm stealing turbo-otaku.

Watermelon is garbage fruit that tastes like dirt

How can anyone hate watermelon?

BTA

Michelin stars lose their meaning when you realize that at a certain point it's less about the food and more about the presentation. The top restaurant in the world serves dirt tea and sheets of solid sugar water to customers for $1300 a pop.

How can anyone hate watermelon?

Similarly sometimes garbage food tastes great and I think there's room for appreciation of that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
List of all countries with more than 10 restaurants awarded 3 Michelin stars:

Japan
France
USA

Oh wait that's all of them. Well I'm sure your presumptions mean more than the most accepted international rating of high quality food.

I wonder why that is.
I might have something to do with the fact that the US is almost as big as all of Europe

LiK

Yeah, I've read. Still the anime is really good.

Yea, it is nice to see the world in motion. VNs are great but sometimes static art can only do so much. I still haven't finished the anime cuz I watched some of it way too close to after finishing the game and it felt inferior to me. I might check it out again soon. I picked up the Blu on sale last year.

Top Bottom