• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

2957910-webp.net-resizeimage+%2815%29.jpg

Kingdom Heartache: Episode 4.44
Ben and Jason struggle to find what makes this land so wonderful.

strafer

So i watched that Mgs4 doc, it was good, really changed my spertpetive on life.

Also love that one of kojimas jobs were just to play the game.

Konami doesnt fucking know the genius they just lost.

oti

Banned
So i watched that Mgs4 doc, it was good, really changed my spertpetive on life.

Also love that one of kojimas jobs were just to play the game.

Konami doesnt fucking know the genius they just lost.

Wait what, what kind of doc is that?

Tubobutts

Oh good I was worried Ben would only tell the story about how he got food poisoning and couldn't go to Disneyland and not the one about how Goofy is a funny animal but luckily he pulled through.

oti

Banned
The next Heartache guest should be Rorie's monitor.

Ben telling Rorie's monitor about how he got food poisoning and wasn't able to go to Disneyland and that Goofy is a funny animal is what needs to happen here.

Ben and Jason are a good pairing, good discussions and Jason so far seems to be the most concentrated when it came to a guest? The only problem about this series is still the short recording sessions. 53 minutes is nothing however, I'm also kind of impressed with how far they went when it came to the Alice in Wonderland world. Also yes, the short Jason mentioned "Pluto's Judgement Day" is fucked up.

X1Vtk6F.gif

kiguel182

Still haven't watched Blue Bombin! Need to get into that today. Altought I'm not at home so my options for a podcast game are Zelda and Splatoon. Could be worse but they aren't grindy games. Happy to see Austin is back!

UPF being bad sucks but well, I don't really care much for West content this days. It's so low energy and it lacks fun. It's not even the format, they are just too low energy and the conversations are barely interesting these days. Having three low energy guys just doesn't work for me.

Is this the one where Ben tells the story where he gets food poisoning and wasn't able to go to Disneyland?

No it's the one where he explains the difference between funny animals and regular-ass animals

anyway yeah I'm done with this feature, I'm not making myself suffer anymore. Ben+Jason is the single least appealing duo you could possibly come up with too imo

So kingdom hearts doesn't look like a good game?

I mean the first one hasn't aged well but I still find it charming because of the Disney characters/worlds. That's what I'm there for really, don't know about anything else.
Am I the only one that is surprised Disney officially sanctioned for their characters to be depicted in such a grotesque way? That character is kinda ren and stimpy/ early day spongebob like in its animations

Yeah, I felt the same. They're really good shorts though with good to great humor.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like I looked up some guides to see what he was supposed to do because I was persplexed also but I have no idea what actually entailed advancing the game.

Like I looked up some guides to see what he was supposed to do because I was persplexed also but I have no idea what actually entailed advancing the game.

Which is why I was surprised they came this far lol. The level is kind of confusing yet I don't know how you're supposed to design a playable "Alice in Wonderland" world to begin with. That film is already like being on acid.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They seemed more engaged this time at least!

But yeah I dunno about this format anymore. Like I like the last one mostly because I love rorie and he was hilarious init, but I feel like he needs a consistent co-pilot if only to guide him around this confusing ass game.

I remembered Kingdom Hearts being boring, but I had forgotten how bad it was. Man. That level "design"... No wonder I got fed up with it at the Maleficent boss fight and didn't bother finishing it.

I am enjoying kingdom heartache personally. I do like Disney, but have not played the kingdom hearts games. I do believe Ben that he does sincerely want to play the game, so hopefully he can get some guests in the future who are a little more kind to the game, like Jason.

They need to get another production guy so Jason can be on more stuff overall. We need more Ranking of Fighters. Hopefully he will check out Dauntless too.

I mean, it's not really a coincidence at all. Dan and Vinny have pretty specific tastes and type of content that they do want to show, and they moved east.

Like look at what people deride the West for. Fighting games - check. Moba talk - check. Olds games - check. And now i guess local multiplayer games?

They're passionate, but they aren't passionate of the right things to a portion of their fanbase.

Yeah that's kind of an issue for me but it doesn't bother me, I just don't watch UPF lol.

oti

Banned
Brad and Jeff on one team.
Jason and Ben on the other team.

They set a challenge. For instance: get off the island or get through Wonderland. The team with the lower time wins.

That would make this more interesting.

As much as I like using them at times, if I could press a button to wipe Twitter, Reddit, and 4chan (Ive never actually been to 4chan) I would do it in a heartbeat. Twitter is not a good way to start your morning.

On the plus side I called James Woods garbage and asked him to block me so that's cool I guess.

Brad and Jeff on one team.
Jason and Ben on the other team.

They set a challenge. For instance: get off the island or get through Wonderland. The team with the lower time wins.

That would make this more interesting.

but metagames and working towards goals is more of an East thing

well, more of a Dan thing, let's be real

That way Kingdom Hearts' awfulness would be funny and they'd be way more engaged. Ben's "twist" is super lame.

a Square RPG wouldn't really benefit from a competitive twist in the same way something like Sunshine does

the conceit of Steal My Sunshine is a perfect fit for the game they're playing because of its structure and gameplay, so just retrofitting that onto Kingdom Hearts wouldn't work out

don't get me wrong, I think Kingdom Heartache has been dogshit so far, but the format has potential depending on how weird they get with it (I'd love to see Ben basically host a podcast with the elusive David or whatever his name is as they happen to play KH)

oti

Banned
a Square RPG wouldn't really benefit from a competitive twist in the same way something like Sunshine does

the conceit of Steal My Sunshine is a perfect fit for the game they're playing because of its structure and gameplay, so just retrofitting that onto Kingdom Hearts wouldn't work out

don't get me wrong, I think Kingdom Heartache has been dogshit so far, but the format has potential depending on how weird they get with it (I'd love to see Ben basically host a podcast with the elusive David or whatever his name is as they happen to play KH)
Them trying to figure out what the hell the games wants from them while competing against each other sounds hilarious to me. Especially since no-one really knew these games beforehand.

And it wouldn't need to be a full series just for Kingdom Hearts. Just an episode or three, to have a clear winner.

Them trying to figure out what the hell the games wants from them while competing against each other sounds hilarious to me. Especially since no-one really knew these games beforehand.

And it wouldn't need to be a full series just for Kingdom Hearts. Just an episode or three, to have a clear winner.

You act like the competitive element would magically make these guys give a shit, and I really doubt that would happen.

If they don't care about the game, why would some arbitrary system introduced in the middle of the series make a difference?

jaina

As much as I like using them at times, if I could press a button to wipe Twitter, Reddit, and 4chan (Ive never actually been to 4chan) I would do it in a heartbeat. Twitter is not a good way to start your morning.

On the plus side I called James Woods garbage and asked him to block me so that's cool I guess.

and now, when you start your morning, you will a whole evening of Americans freaking out on twitter at once.

I continue to enjoy Kingdom Heartache. A good remedy for my recent playthrough.

At first I thought Kingdom Heartache would make it less likely that I'd play the game myself since I could watch these guys play it, and then it was more likely that I'd play it myself as I'm not too much of a fan of the videos so far, but having seen some more of the game in itself makes me want to play less... lol

Anime Bullshit cross Disney Bullshit: The Action RPG is 1000% my thing on paper but it just seems so bad.

oti

Banned
You act like the competitive element would magically make these guys give a shit, and I really doubt that would happen.

If they don't care about the game, why would some arbitrary system introduced in the middle of the series make a difference?

I do think Jeff would give more of a shit with such a meta element, if he knew people cared about it and surely Steal My Sunshine has left some kind of impression on him. This idea isn't for Kingdom Hearts anyway. It's too late for that.

Watching the Danny/Austin/Alex pubg video. I guess I'm just a cornball, but it makes me really happy that Austin seems to still be good friends with the GB guys. (This is also one of the best pubg videos I've seen recently.)

Also: The LFE thuds of a mechanical keyboard on a stream is strangely one of my favorite sounds. Unless you hear more than just the bass, at which point it gets real annoying real quick.

That Danny video is the most interesting PUBG has ever been to me. The GB guys should get him on a Murder Island stream.

It was really interesting how he never seemed to notice that he had no helmet. I was especially engaged by him leaving austin to die while he doped up

Top Bottom