• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Zeroro

I want Ben to commit to the "new person every episode" gimmick so hard that he gets to the point where he's pulling in random San Francisco citizens to sit in on Kingdom Heartache.

Ashby

Vinny was beyond incredulous when Austin and Dan agreed that BOTW was a masterpiece. When was the last time that dude liked a Nintendo game lol

Looks like Drew is currently streaming The Last of Us for Clothmap. Having not watched the stream yet, it looks like (going by the stream description) the goal is to capture B-Roll footage. I wonder project it's for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5G4BzBztNg

Edit- It's for a project on Chernobyl. Despite the game having nothing to do with Chernobyl or nuclear fallout Drew said that, when he was in Chernobyl, he was reminded of The Last of Us.

I want Ben to commit to the "new person every episode" gimmick so hard that he gets to the point where he's pulling in random San Francisco citizens to sit in on Kingdom Heartache.

They should make a feature out of Ben telling random SF residents what funny animals are. It'd be better than the current feature.

kiguel182

Vinny didn't like Zelda? Why?

I don't even know what he has been into this year. Can't remember what games grabbed him lately.

Edit: I couldn't get into Link Between Worlds.
I should try it again eventually.

Hasney

They're not doing an XCom @ Gamescom stream? It's going to be great or fucking nothing so a great old time. SAD.

Maybe Jeff will just randomly do one.

Meguro

Banned
Truly. I really remember Austin calling both Fallout 4 and No Man's Sky masterpieces multiple times.

Sometimes I can't tell if people in here are serious with their takes or not.

pizzacat

Banned
Truly. I really remember Austin calling both Fallout 4 and No Man's Sky masterpieces multiple times.

Sometimes I can't tell if people in here are serious with their takes or not.

its only with dan because people here like getting got by the guy trying to get them

scratch that, at this point dan doesnt try because yall are so ezzzz

watching Drew makes me want to play TLOU again

god I love that game

Finished it 5 times, hell of a game. Still think about that ending, more often than not.

I hope he eventually finds someone who's a hardcore KH fan.

strafer

Speaking of TLOU, I made it out of the basement on Grounded a while ago, so scary and intense.

Not done yet though but this is how the game is meant to be played, in my opinion.

Would be nice if he got the east crew as well for this.

Also I agree with Vinny, that ain't worthy of such a title, no game is

kiguel182

The way Zelda uses and builds it's open world is better and more interesting that every open world I have ever played.

The use of its game space and how it links its systems its fantastic. Like top tier open world game design.

It's probably the only game where I'm happy there's an open world and I'm not wishing it was a linear game (since it wouldn't work as a liner game unlike most open world stuff).

I haven't finished it so I'm not calling it a masterpiece just yet but it's a genius game, especially compared to what's out there.

Edit: I'm really liking BOTW.

m29a

Neo Member
Meh, I'd rather a couple people like Jeff/Vinny give some heat towards everyone else who is going to want it at #1. Personally, I think it's rather boring when it's a unanimous "it's a masterpiece".

Hindl

Meh, I'd rather a couple people like Jeff/Vinny give some heat towards everyone else who is going to want it at #1. Personally, I think it's rather boring when it's a unanimous "it's a masterpiece".

It's irrelevant because PUBG is getting #1

I mean PUBG is the game that's going to get the unanimous "it's a masterpiece."

kiguel182

I haven’t played PUGB but I can agree that there’s something ingenious of making such a simple design work so well and make it such a huge hit.

I might not enjoy watching it but can’t deny that it’s an ingenious game. Being simple isn’t a knock against it, video games shouldn’t be rated by how complex they are to make.

derFeef

Thinking that a game that's about one trick, but does it really well - is better than a game that does a lot of things really well, is a bit weird to me but hey.

Top Bottom