• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Piston, come on. I know we like having fun around here. But answer me honestly, have I ever said that Breath of the Wild was original? It's the best Open World game in years, maybe ever, but I wouldn't call it original.

Has anyone ever called BOTW original anyway?

Also suggesting I'm having a Nintendo bias because I like BOTW, one of the best video games of all time according to critics, sure is cute.

not saying you ever called it original, but come on, your response to someone saying that it wasn't was literally "lolwhat"

the game's derivative as shit, and that's fine

This sounds more like a condemnation of non-linear games than Zelda. You have a goal, Destroy Gannon. There's even other quests that direct you where to go, but you don't have to do them. Is Minecraft a bad game?

Minecraft doesnt have a goal.

The issue with botws goal is that despite the destroy ganon mission, you cant really get to him without doing a bunch of aimless shit. Not unless your a speedrunner or you waste time going to his castle. And thats the issue. The falsely set goal that really means "go cut down a tree and pretend youve never seen physics in a game!"

oti

Banned
not saying you ever called it original, but come on, your response to someone saying that it wasn't was literally "lolwhat"

the game's derivative as shit, and that's fine

Yes, since originality is apparently important to that poster PUBG has no place in GOTY at all. And besides, again, no-one even said it was original. So bursting out saying it's not original as some kind of counter argument got a "lolwhat are you even talking about right now" reaction out of me.

I mean look at this. What kind of argument is this even?

The issue with botws goal is that despite the destroy ganon mission, you cant really get to him without doing a bunch of aimless shit. Not unless your a speedrunner or you waste time going to his castle. And thats the issue. The falsely set goal that really means "go cut down a tree and pretend youve never seen physics in a game!"

The issue with BOTW is that it's not a "focused" game, which going by this post means linear?
What are we even talking about at this point?

I’ve seen shooting in games before yet is okay when they use them again.

But no, using physics is unoriginal!

that's because Nintendo treated BoTW like it's the first game ever to use physics so they have stupid physics gimmicks in the game that are really pointless. It's like bruhs, I've seen that done better before. I don't need to see a tree tip over.

And the other thing is that zelda fans act like it's never been done. 'WHOA DID YOU SEE THAT TREE TIP OVER? YOU DID IT AGAIN NINTENDO ALL OVER ME!'

Hindl

How is it wasting time going to his castle? That's where he is! And the "aimless shit" is the rest of the game. Just because you can skip it doesn't mean it's pointless. It gives you the freedom to do what you want. Would you rather they have forced you to do the 4 dungeons before you can even get to the castle? Because that's what it sounds like.

And also, I know many Nintendo fans were acting like Zelda invented open world games as we know it, but not everyone is like that. It's incredibly condescending to say the reason people like BotW is because they think it's the first game to have physics

kiguel182

that's because Nintendo treated BoTW like it's the first game ever to use physics so they have stupid physics gimmicks in the game that are really pointless. It's like bruhs, I've seen that done better before. I don't need to see a tree tip over.

And the other thing is that zelda fans act like it's never been done. 'WHOA DID YOU SEE THAT TREE TIP OVER? YOU DID IT AGAIN NINTENDO ALL OVER ME!'

They used it with gameplay purpose and built a believable world and puzzles with it.

PUGB creates tension using the same principles DayZ established years ago. I mean, every game builds on something else that’s being done.

Because someone used physics before nobody can make trees fall to build bridges again. Nope, done! That’s a ridiculous way to view things.

Zelda does so many annoying stuff and that’s your argument? It’s like complaining a game uses a mini map or driving or something. Or destruction.

Because Far Cry 2 did it first is unworthy of praise. Makes no sense.

ryseing

Don't worry, the average KH play through is only 36 hours.

For most people it's shorter than that. Reasonably doable in 20 hours or so.

Of course, when considering how bad Ben is...

As long as Horizon isn’t GOTY I’m good. It will rob some game of the top 10 and that’s bad enough.

They will give it best story and that’s bad enough.

?

Horizon's story is pretty darn good. Didn't hurt that I got
Ilium
vibes from it.

Hindl

Its so damn good

That green Project Scorpio on a damn nice looking console just kills it lol
Oh yeah it's part of the reason I wanna get back into it. I got to the beginning of Chapter 5 but then Zelda, Horizon, Nier, and Persona all came out and I got sidetracked

Megasoum

Banned
Look... I know that this is an infomercial, they're not trying to hide it but holy shit... I feel like it's 10x more BS PR talk than even E3

300px-JURASSIC_PARKgame.jpg

I used to play the shit out of this. Build an amazing park only for then to FUCK IT ALL UP BY UNLEASHING MILLIONS OF T-REX
Yeahhh boiiiii

Edit: It's a mobile port. Oh no....

Welp

Top Bottom