• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sure. I just needed something that I can actually play while watching giantbomb videos at the same time aka not DJ max.

demidar

I thought Cold Steel was okay until I got 4-5 hours in and now I really like it.

I still think Persona-izing it is meh though.

I thought Cold Steel was okay until I got 4-5 hours in and now I really like it.

I still think Persona-izing it is meh though.

Yeah it's a super slow burn in the typical Trails style but I really enjoyed it.

The Persona stuff is only surface level but I didn't dig that either.

Volcynika

Bought slime rancher and trails of cold steel.

Who says August is where games starts slowing down?

I just bought those games myself. Good taste! I played Cold Steel on Vita and didn't come back to it, but turbo mode with all the enhancements on PC should help it go by smoothly to catch up.

demidar

Yeah it's a super slow burn in the typical Trails style but I really enjoyed it.

The Persona stuff is only surface level but I didn't dig that either.

I didn't really know that much about the game before buying it sight unseen (it's purely on how much I loved the Trails in the Sky trilogy) so I thought the entire game would be stuck on school grounds but thankfully that's not the case as you do visit other towns.

One of the best things about TitS (besides the excellent character cast) was the worldliness of Estelle and Joshua walking around the country helping folks out and getting to know people. Thankfully it seems CS has that. Sort of.

repeater

Why haven't Giant Bomb ever done any Conan Exiles coverage?

It's a survival game where you can make your character look like this
qGMK2xE.jpg

Xater

Why haven't Giant Bomb ever done any Conan Exiles coverage?

It's a survival game where you can make your character look like this

I mean GB is not exactly well known for their survival game coverage. There is probably like a dozen they haven't covered.

I honestly can't believe how popular that game is, it's terrible.

I wonder to what degree it is people having bought a shitty survival game in EA that are sticking with it, because they don't want to pay for another shitty survival game in EA.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I remember when they used to somewhat pay attention to Alex playing Mega Man. These last two ones are pretty ridiculous in ignoring what's being played.

I remember when they used to somewhat pay attention to Alex playing Mega Man. These last two ones are pretty ridiculous in ignoring what's being played.

And Alex actually got through a part he was struggling with when they pitched in and paid attention.

I kinda felt bad for him when Alex called this out during the stream. I dunno if he was being genuine with the frustration or not, but they definitely did 'focus' on helping for the next few minutes after that.

Harpuia

Have any great JRPGs come out on PC this year? I haven't really given the genre a chance since SNES and interested in trying again.

Hmmmmm. The newest release that could qualify is Children of Zodiarcs. Though that's a SRPG. It has a story though. Most of the ads seem to claim it's JRPG inspired.

What the fuck at the Adam Sandler shit.

Bruhs, I had a weird night.

And I'm so far behind on content.

Ffffffffffuuuuuuu

Talking about weird nights

I had a weird dream

I dreamt Justin Beiber died and all of GAF was doing a private message get well soon card where they would leave their username behind and pass it to another GAFfer like a chain letter and it reached me and I had no idea who to pass it to. What a nightmare.

Good shit, keep'em coming. For some reason I have fonder memories of Cortex Strike's Back because when I played the remaster I kind of remember it being better than what I played? in terms of levels. I really disliked the bee and eel levels, there were quite a few of them! Still though, great set of games.
I was pretty bored so I decided to throw on the latest Blue Bombing. I don't usually watch that feature, but I heard it's like a mini Beastcast.

Man, I'm only 8 minutes in and they're throwing out one whopper right after another.

The phrase "rock and roll" is only used in the US?
Onyx The Fu-Schnickens were Shaq's "band"?!

I admit that the degree to which these are whoppers is relative to your interest in music.

It only keeps getting better.
Bought slime rancher and trails of cold steel.

Who says August is where games starts slowing down?

Slime Rancher is free on Xbox Live so that's where I got it, don't think I'll play it though. Maybe around Christmas as I always wanted to check it out after Jason played it on UPF, many moons ago.
i mean it's universally agreed this year is insane right

1mGNHkN.gif

Can't wait for the holiday season of boring AAAA sequels so I finally have room to play all the awesome games released this year.

I have So many RPGs to play.

imBask

Banned
Been playing Mario Galaxy on Dolphin as you guys recommended

Early report : it's a good video game, but it is still tainted by garbage shoehorned pointer gimmicks. Playing on a normal controller makes them tolerable at best

Early report : it's a good video game, but it is still tainted by garbage shoehorned pointer gimmicks. Playing on a normal controller makes them tolerable at best

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I want Nintendo to remaster both games for the Switch, with full pro controller support. The Galaxy games really do not need motion controls to work.

You get more used to it as you go along, and Galaxy 2 tones it down a bit. I played on a regular controller using Dolphin as well, and by the end the pointer stuff felt like second nature.

imBask

Banned
You get more used to it as you go along, and Galaxy 2 tones it down a bit. I played on a regular controller using Dolphin as well, and by the end the pointer stuff felt like second nature.

just gonna say that I wasn't having a good time at all having to remap my controls in order to do the surfing thing and the super monkey ball thing

but otherwise it's fun

I've been slowwwwwwwly like very slowly going through my yearly Galaxy 1 & 2 replay(play like once or twice a week). I love it so much. Another game I've been itching to replay is SOMA and also MGS4(I play it once every year, PS3 back in my hometown tho).

Will definitely go through the Metroid Prime games again before 4 comes out. That Wii collection is fuckin good.

How hard was it to get a Wii game working? I've only really used Dolphin with GameCube games.

Alternatively, can you post a screenshot of your controller settings? That's what I don't really want to try to figure out alone, haha.

imBask

Banned
How hard was it to get a Wii game working? I've only really used Dolphin with GameCube games.

Alternatively, can you post a screenshot of your controller settings? That's what I don't really want to try to figure out alone, haha.

Honestly even if I post a screenshot it won't help you since they're just labeled as "button 4" and etc

I'm playing with a DS4 and I just... booted the game and it worked! I just cranked it up to 720p because 1080 was chugging in some spots

Top Bottom